BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Steve Waggott only knows what the sales are because he is checking Goozburger's daily spreadsheet on here.

Give yourself a complimentary ST GB.

Had to laugh at him admitting to that.

"I’ve seen all the social media about counting the seats, we’ve sold tickets quicker this year than we’ve ever sold them."

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 1

They could scrap the £30 Waggott Tax and take a bold new direction.

Get onto your lapsed friends and family and bring them back to the Rovers family.

If we sell over 10,000 then every ST holder gets a £30 reduction.

At 10,000 with the discount handed out, they would be half a million quid up on selling 8000 at £400.

£100K for his addition pitch costs he keeps moaning about. Still £400K growth.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20235427.blackburn-rovers-ceo-encouraged-season-ticket-sales-figures/

Where to start with this. 

The lack of autonomy is frightening. Having to get permission from Venky’s to extend the “loyalty” period?!?!

He doesn't come across as very bright. He boasting 600 new season tickets, the sales are roughly the same so what about the 600 regular ones we've lost. Also he says he understands people can't make every match but at £17 per game it's good value. That £17 goes up when fans miss games, particularly night matches. Interestingly he talks about £4m being the target through season ticket sales. Being a bit more creative on pricing and selling more would have achieved that in my view with the added benefit of more bums on seats. I really don't think he was prepared to gamble on the off chance it backfired and he would be questioned by the errant ones. As it is he can say sales are the same (he is actually saying he is encouraged) and blame the cost of living etc.

Time to go Swag. Hand over to someone who knows what they are doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20235427.blackburn-rovers-ceo-encouraged-season-ticket-sales-figures/

Where to start with this. 

The lack of autonomy is frightening. Having to get permission from Venky’s to extend the “loyalty” period?!?!

A man talking up poor sales,in total denial...hyperbole in full flow.

His ego unable to admit to a poor pricing strategy,zero accountability.

Bolton near to 13,500 sales.

• Like 4

I’ve seen all the social media about counting the seats, we’ve sold tickets quicker this year than we’ve ever sold them"

"I look at some of the commentary and think it’s from a completely uninformed position.” (Do the 'experts' on here need to go and do some research, Steve?)

“Our sales are purely sales, there’s no comps there, these are purely sales. If I wanted to add staff on and give them comp tickets that would take them up to a level." (Preston's sales figures include all corporates and freebies given to staff, so ours aren't that bad really)

Been saying it for a while, that Swag and Co keep an eye on this forum and there we have it.

• Like 1

Just now, SuperBrfc said:

I’ve seen all the social media about counting the seats, we’ve sold tickets quicker this year than we’ve ever sold them"

"I look at some of the commentary and think it’s from a completely uninformed position.” (Do the 'experts' on here need to go and do some research, Steve?)

“Our sales are purely sales, there’s no comps there, these are purely sales. If I wanted to add staff on and give them comp tickets that would take them up to a level." (Preston's sales figures include all corporates and freebies given to staff, so ours aren't that bad really)

Been saying it for a while, that Swag and Co keep an eye on this forum and there we have it.

I’m really sick of hearing the “best ever” line coming from the club. This season we are selling tickets “quicker than ever” last season we had our best selling kit “ever”. All total and utter bollocks.

For people who like to continually remind us it’s not 1995 anymore, they really ought to be aware that we have been around longer than the last 5 years. 

Our current ticket sales would have been unthinkable 15 years ago, but no doubt some of our fanbase will parrot the best ever line.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

It'll be someone's job to scour social media and give feedback, presumably the person who runs twitter etc, who in fairness does a good job.

Waggot is the guy running the corner shop across the road from the supermarket happy because some will still pay 50p more for a loaf of bread.

There is no bigger picture with this guy as long as he can pay the bills a year at a time he's making a nice wage.

32 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Poor Steve, only sold 7500 STs and out of ideas, finally resorts to reading our ideas.

Looking for that one innovative suggestion where higher prices will mean more sales.

Try firing Suhail.

Oh you can't.

That's why this guy amazes me, he's just admitted he views social media comments and must surely see the fanbase is clearly against him, yet he stubbornly carries on regardless. 

This is like he's sticking up 2 fingers to our fans.

What's even more alarming is it seems the 2.3k non renewals haven't renewed if he's saying we've just passed 7k.

Steve, I know you're watching, please for the sake of our 146 year old club LEAVE..

Edited by damo100
  • Like 2

I very much doubt Steve Waggott is taking his sales figures from our estimates. 🤭 The club will have it's own accurate figures. This is just an experiment to see how close we get to the final tally. It could be completely off the mark. I don't think it will be wildly different, but we'll see.

Some of the figures stated confuse me, though. Although I think the estimate is thereabouts, when Waggott states that we've got 600 new season ticket holders... Well... My assumptions suggest it's more. Much more. But I'm having a 🍺 or two this aft and won't rack my brain over it too much.

He's a corporate salesman giving it the corporate patter with zero substance or acknowledgement, it's what they do so nobody should be surprised. 

The VH HQ finance dept (Babu) is calling the shots they've no idea how things role in Blackburn or football they are still looking at it like another processing plant.  He isn't rocking any boats either he's just here for his wages.

20 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Those who sit in the JWU choose to pay more and sit there vs paying lower prices.

Are you suggesting JWU ST holders would be against match day tickets being £20 and prefer the ground to be 2/3 empty ?

I sit in the Jack Walker Upper - and no, is the answer.

The Waggot tax for walk ups is ridiculous. So are the Cat A prices. Just get fans back into the ground - especially those schools / local community initiatives in the Blackburn End Upper. 

• Like 2

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest: 7,587 (+13)

Previous Updates
Saturday 25th June 2022: 7,574 (+26)
Friday 24th June 2022: 7,548 (+37)
Thursday 23rd June 2022: 7,511 (+84)

Wednesday 22nd June: 7,427 (+2)
Tuesday 21st June: 7,425 (-1)
Monday 20th June: 7,426 (+221)
Sunday 19th June 2022: 7,205 (+15)
Saturday 18th June 2022: 7,190 (+108)

Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes & Disclaimers

• This is an estimate based on visibility of true seat availability in the ticketing seat map.
  • (+xx) represents the number of season tickets sold since the previous estimate (usually 24 hours).
  • 159 unavailable seats in W01 are not saleable and therefore excluded from the estimate.
  • A seat is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes when added to the basket. It is not possible to exclude these from the estimate.
  • ~2,256 unavailable seats are reserved for last season's non-renewers until 30th June. These are excluded from the estimate until visibility of true seat availability returns.
  • Like 4

• Backroom

+13 today is our BEST EVER Sunday in the last week of June in a year ending in 22.

Record after record is being broken with the dynamic pricing strategy

I must remember to congratulate Steve in my next 3 hour meeting with him 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, Tom said:

+13 today is our BEST EVER Sunday in the last week of June in a year ending in 22.

Record after record is being broken with the dynamic pricing strategy

I must remember to congratulate Steve in my next 3 hour meeting with him 

Indeed, he's doing a sterling job.

20 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

He really said they are the quickest sales ever?

What a fucking moron.

Edited by Upside Down