BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

I can't understand what is happening with Sam Burns. He scores five goals in two games for the U23s, he is then not played in the U23s Friday game. He doesn't get picked for either of the starting 11s on Saturday, yet is an un-used sub for both games, so isn't injured. Are the management trying to piss him off, to see how he will react ? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yes more Accy, Clayton really. And Huncoat always seemed to be full of Dingles anyway!

Of course, Rishton and ‘Arrod is still very strongly Blue, but even there Stanley are doing far more community engagement in schools etc than we are, which is just ridiculous - but then maybe Swag thinks virtual young fans with their NFT’s are more important, so he’s happy to leave Accy to it…

Plenty of Rovers fans who lived in Clayton thanks Matty. 

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Fixed.

why? 

2 hours ago, rigger said:

I can't understand what is happening with Sam Burns. He scores five goals in two games for the U23s, he is then not played in the U23s Friday game. He doesn't get picked for either of the starting 11s on Saturday, yet is an un-used sub for both games, so isn't injured. Are the management trying to piss him off, to see how he will react ? 

Burns was there as back up to Gallagher and Vale just in case they were injuries on Saturday.. Sensible decision by JDT.  Burns is behind them both in the Strikers rankings. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Burns was there as back up to Gallagher and Vale just in case they were injuries on Saturday.. Sensible decision by JDT.  Burns is behind them both in the Strikers rankings. 

So why wasnt he in the second eleven. I am not saying what was done is right or wrong. Just that I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Edited by rigger

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know there is! But ‘lived’ is probably the right tense as there are a shed load more Stanley fans/shirts in Accrington and Clayton than a decade ago.

9 minutes ago, rigger said:

So why wasnt he in the second eleven. I am not saying what was done is right or wrong. Just that I don't understand the reasoning behind it.

Who would he have replace given that Vale played as number 9 with Hedges and Dolan as inverted Wingers. 

6 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

I know there is! But ‘lived’ is probably the right tense as there are a shed load more Stanley fans/shirts in Accrington and Clayton than a decade ago.

They still live in Clayton Le Moors right now. 

I've seen some Stanley shirts in Clayton but not too many 

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Who would he have replace given that Vale played as number 9 with Hedges and Dolan as inverted Wingers. 

If Burns is fifth choice stiker, why was he not playing for the U23s on Friday. He could have still been on the bench in case of an injury on Saturday. I cannot understand the logic behind it. Will they take Burns to Scotland to sit on the bench, in case of injury ? 

Edited by rigger

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

If you honestly don’t think there are substantially more Stanley shirts, and less Rovers, especially on kids knocking around the Accy area than there was a decade ago then there’s not a lot else to say.

I didn't mention the Accy area did I? 

I only mention the Clayton Le Moors area

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

If Burns is fifth choice stiker, why was he not playing for the U23s on Friday. He could have still been on the bench in case of an injury on Saturday. I cannot understand the logic behind it. Will they take Burns to Scotland to sit on the bench, in case of injury ? 

5th choice striker? He was there in case of injuries simple as IMO. 

No idea if he go to Scotland but I would think so. 

• Moderation Lead

I know of a handful of people that have season tickets at Stanley that are Rovers fans. I suspect that it’s to do with cost and because they’re from Accy and it’s a social thing really. I could never get a season ticket anywhere bar Ewood though personally, so it isn’t something I think I’ll ever understand tbh.

• Like 2

As a Rovers fan,I can understand the increased attraction of Stanley. They are now in League I(3rd Division)having spent most of their history in League II(4th Division) prior to losing League status in 1962.

From 1968 worked their way back up from Lancashire Combination League to current status. Thats a pretty good achievement. Especially when you consider their extremely low budget. What a manager Coleman has been for them. Working with almost nothing every year!

(Turbo-charged Gary Bowyer anyone? ) 

Plus VERY competitive hospitality prices(pie & pint)!

3 minutes ago, harryhealless1928 said:

As a Rovers fan,I can understand the increased of Stanley. They are now in League I(3rd Division)having spent most of their in League II(4th Division) prior to losing League status in 1962.

From 1968 worked their way back up from Lancashire League to current status. Thats a pretty good . Especially when you consider their low budget. What a manager Coleman has been for them. Working with nothing every year!

(Turbo-charged Gary Bowyer anyone? ) 

Plus VERY competitive hospitality prices(pie & pint)!

I always thought Gary Bowyer was pretty poor with money. I remember under "embargo" him lamenting that we could only offer 10k per week, and we ended up with Fode Koita and Sacha Petshi. Bet they couldn't believe their luck!

Have to second what others have said about the young lads. They did really well, and will be useful squad members if they're not loaned out. I can see Vale and maybe Garrett breaking through in particular - but we definitely need some experience bringing in to help them.

Only concern with Garrett is I can see him getting a lot of cards flying in like that, but he can slot into the "Davenport" role in the squad easily, hopefully with a bit more game time.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

why? 

Surely my change was self-explanatory.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

JDT spending extra time at the end of the behind close doors video chatting for a while to one of the Accy Stanley players.

Found it particularly interesting, anyone know who it was? 

I believe it’s this Danish Dingle?

The lad was probably just fangirling over JDT

C04BEFE8-C9D4-422E-941E-17CB9A3D8C83.jpeg