BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

2022/2023 Pre Season Thread

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Lads…we won’t be playing the quality Celtic have in the championship…their forwards would get in the top 6 in the prem…calm down

If they could get in a top 6 team in the premier league, they’d  be at a top 6 team in one of the premier leagues.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

Hardly fair to blame it all on Pickering, how’s any full back going to stop those triangles on hos own?

Look at his positioning, it’s his man that keeps getting down the wing. He’s guilty of ball watching. 

• Like 1

What’s worrying for me is that knowing how limited our full backs are, the formation chosen by the new manager has completely exposed them.  Pickering shouldn’t come back out, he’s done today. His confidence must be shot to pieces.  

We’re playing 4 attacking players who have hardly had a kick and left Buckley and Travis exposed and overrun… why when we’re playing a superior team?

interested to see how JDT responds to this. Could end up 4 or 5 if we aren’t careful.

oh hang on, Celtic taking their big guns off now. 

1 minute ago, BankEnd Rover said:

How anyone can criticise carter who’s against Jota is beyond me…started shaker but has grown into the game…he will just never have the same ability as nyambe going forward.

Nyambe is poor going forward, so that's an insult.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OsloRover said:

Not a great half for rovers, but we won’t be up against this quality in the championship.

Ayala, Buckley probably our best so far. Neither flank doing well and not much service for the attackers to work with. 

Attackers were linking up pretty well towards the end of that half, but with Gallagher looking the best of the bunch we definitely need more quality options brought in. Can’t be starting the season with Vale and Dolan as first choice and BBD likely to leave. 

3 minutes ago, Miker said:

Carter is a good option to have on the bench especially with Ayala’s injury record. Don’t think he should be starting at the moment though.

I agree, but on the bench to cover cb, not be pulled over to rb, we need a championship standard rb desperately 

1 minute ago, Jimmy612 said:

What’s worrying for me is that knowing how limited our full backs are, the formation chosen by the new manager has completely exposed them.  Pickering shouldn’t come back out, he’s done today. His confidence must be shot to pieces.  

We’re playing 4 attacking players who have hardly had a kick and left Buckley and Travis exposed and overrun… why when we’re playing a superior team?

interested to see how JDT responds to this. Could end up 4 or 5 if we aren’t careful.

oh hang on, Celtic taking their big guns off now. 

Firstly it's a pre-season friendly - I don't expect a tactical masterclass.

Secondly this is how he wants to play, so he wants to see how far off the pace our FBs are. I'm sure he knows, but this is irrefutable evidence.

1 minute ago, deanives said:

I agree, but on the bench to cover cb, not be pulled over to rb, we need a championship standard rb desperately 

I'd play him at RB ahead of Brown. He should be cover at RB and CB throughout the season until he forces his way into the side.

We need a RB desperately. I'd love Nyambe to have a change of heart.

Let’s hope Wham haven’t sent their scouts to this one.  We’ll have to burn all footage of it if we want a decent fee for Diaz.  Nothing stuck there.  If you’d never heard of him you certainly wouldn’t be picking him out as better than anyone else on the pitch today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Nyambe is poor going forward, so that's an insult.

I think he was being facetious but the jibe was misplaced imo as Nyambe is as good a full back as you will get at Championship level whereas Carter is a CH filling in at RB.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Miker said:

Attackers were linking up pretty well towards the end of that half, but with Gallagher looking the best of the bunch we definitely need more quality options brought in. Can’t be starting the season with Vale and Dolan as first choice and BBD likely to leave. 

Well that'd be 11 First Team players out the door, so you'd hope they'd bring in replacements...

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd play him at RB ahead of Brown. He should be cover at RB and CB throughout the season until he forces his way into the side.

We need a RB desperately. I'd love Nyambe to have a change of heart.

I think we have to forget about nyambe. Definitely need better than brown and JRC though 

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Haven't watched it but sounds like we've on got a makeshift right back, and out of sorts left back, and we are not providing sufficient cover for them.

we are getting pulled all over the park because celtic play with two wingers,we have set up to narrow and are getting badly outplayed,more of a concern for me is the fact the jdt can`t seem to see it

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Haven't watched it but sounds like we've on got a makeshift right back, and out of sorts left back, and we are not providing sufficient cover for them.

Pretty much sums it up. We’re playing 2 full backs out of their depth with no one in front of them as we’re playing a formation with 4 strikers.

17 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

This squad wouldn't make the L1 playoffs.

I don’t know, they look a bit more organised than I expected and managed to come back from our early goal.

Would probably challenge for the top 6 in the Chanpionship.

For us, aside from the fullback areas being awful, there have been patches of good pressing and we’ve created a few decent chances.

Pleased to see Vale doing well, looks a very decent prospect.

4 minutes ago, Andy said:

I don’t know, they look a bit more organised than I expected and managed to come back from our early goal.

Would probably challenge for the top 6 in the Chanpionship.

For us, aside from the fullback areas being awful, there have been patches of good pressing and we’ve created a few decent chances.

Pleased to see Vale doing well, looks a very decent prospect.

vale looks like an old fashioned centre forward and not one of those production line academy players

• Like 3