BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Utter rubbish, if the club folds it will not be because a few thousand people did not pay their £20/ fortnight

It's not just season tickets that are important.  Online match viewing is also , I only missed one match last season at £10+ a pop 🤣

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

I've said it before, Matty. You go and engage with them at Ewood but they do a job on you instead by making you feel like an important fan. Ego stroking. They'll drop a few bits of info here and there, sure.

You leave thinking you're the man and that those forum lot and others are clueless idiots. Situation diffused. Job done.

Personally, I haven't seen enough evidence of change YET, to say whether you're wrong or right on this. It's not happening quickly enough for me, I want things to happen yesterday when it comes to Rovers BUT........

We've seen a change in manager which everyone seems to be broadly in favour of and a change in management structure. I think this is absolutely huge and the importance of it can't be underestimated.

We've seen the excellent Community work in recent months.

Although no-one seems able to agree on the exact scale of what's happening, we're seeing improvements made to the pitch.

I've always said the litmus test of all this would be the quality of the managerial appointment after Mowbray. I'm slightly more enthused than not before a ball is kicked. The next crucial test will be the extent of the backing he receives.

So.....some way still to go, but, green shoots?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

Tell you what, Fielder didn't make me feel important or Duncan or John.

I came away so despondent that I nearly quit Rovers Trust then and there. It felt like all the effort and hours over several months spent doing research into other club schemes and fans' ideas I'd collated into a document, spent my own paper, ink, and binding was a complete waste of the time I could've spent with my wife and little boy.

All to be told that our club's not special, our fans aren't needed in the ground, and NFTs are better for business than paying fans.

Fielder is Head of Commercial (or similar) and in 30 minutes reduced my identity as a Rovers fan to jack shit.

He's a fart in a suit and he needs wafting out of Ewood before he follows through on the pitch and expects us to pay for the privilege.

Disgraceful if that's what happened Mike.

Fielder is a relatively recent appointment isn't he? Wonder if we got that one wrong?

Why can't these people on several hundreds of thousands of pounds a year tell us what they CAN do to fill the ground and increase revenues rather than what they CAN'T?

• Like 9

2 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Having met darrenrover I'm absolutely certain there's no ego's whatsoever involved here, just a genuine desire to help the Club do better and ultimately prosper.

Not particularly wishing to speak for him, (he's more than capable of doing that for himself!) but personally  I don't think he's guilty of anything more than being unable to resist the temptation to react to something he sees posted on here he perceives as being completely wrong or unfair having discussed various matters with the Club and having formed an opinion on what they have to say.

Beyond that the implied understanding that matters discussed will be kept confidential and common decency prevent him from going into further detail.

This started when he said Myers was another on the gravy train but that at least the owners have now wised up.

This whilst we have record low ST sales incoming, prices spiralling, a ground decaying, a manager leaving with no communication from the club to the fans , whilst our MD  oversees all of this.
There is nothing that the majority have fans have seen that implies Waggot is trying very hard to solve any of these issues. He’s just going through the motions trying to hit budgets every season by stealth taxes and increases whilst picking up a handsome salary. Feet up and riding the train.

Add in the likes of Lowe also sticking around drawing a salary being forced from manager to manager and the owners haven’t learnt a damn thing. 

Not sure what DarrenRover thinks he knows which he can’t tell which will address the above. Maybe he’s been told that we’re actually going to start serving £5 Guinness Surger cans actually surged rather than flat. Maybe we’re going to gain a big sponsor mid season instead of losing one. But for us mortals who aren’t ITK,  Waggots picking up a hefty salary whilst contributing little.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Well as far as first interviews go, that was very very good. Loved the little smirk when asked about recruitment too. Exiting times, let’s see how the next 7 weeks unfold!

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

....I don't think he's guilty of anything more than being unable to resist the temptation to react to something he sees posted on here he perceives as being completely wrong or unfair having discussed various matters with the Club and having formed an opinion on what they have to say.

Yeah, but that perfectly sums up why it can often be a problem. 

You can't 'react' and jump down people's throats when you perceive something to be 'completely wrong or unfair' if it's not backed up with some evidence. 

Particularly as you've finished up with calling it 'an opinion'.

We've all got opinions.

Example: If I go back in a time machine to before about 500bc and tell everyone the World is round and not flat, I'll likely be labelled a madman. Even though I know what I'm saying is 100% right, I would need some compelling evidence to prove the theory. And me getting angrier and angrier when people don't believe me won't help.

Even worse, when people ask me how I know this, and I answer "Sorry, can't tell you!" it's likely to make more people disbelievers. And annoy them. 

Summary: I don't feel like some of us are '..guilty of anything more than.." refusing, at this stage, to believe the word of some random username on an internet forum who insists we've all got it wrong, (despite all the precedent evidence available to the contrary), and we need to see the light like him.

It's expecting a hell of a leap of faith. And we're being admonished for not making it with a full blindfold on. 

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Disgraceful if that's what happened Mike.

Fielder is a relatively recent appointment isn't he? Wonder if we got that one wrong?

Why can't these people on several hundreds of thousands of pounds a year tell us what they CAN do to fill the ground and increase revenues rather than what they CAN'T?

Read this… @Miller11 was also in the room…

https://www.brfcs.com/magazine/articles/what's-going-on-in-rovers-boardroom/242

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Butty said:

Well even if it goes tits up he’s shown more charisma and enthusiasm in a 10 second video than Mowbray did in 5 years. So that’s a start at least 😂 

It’s refreshing that he seems like he actually wants to be here, TM always had the demeanour of a man begrudgingly doing a favour.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i give lowe and benson a week before jdt ***** them off,imo a complete clear out of mowbrays dross needs to happen

I'm not sure why benson, lowe have been getting so much stick, have they done something wrong specifically that I'm not Aware of!? And why does Damien Johnson not get any stick when he's was just as much part of mowbrays coaching team as the others! 

Im not saying the shouldn't be replaced/upgraded at some point, but to me they seem pretty harmless jobbing coaches and as long as they follow the new manager & assistant managers orders and don't try undermining them the what's the prob

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm not sure why benson, lowe have been getting so much stick, have they done something wrong specifically that I'm not Aware of!? And why does Damien Johnson not get any stick when he's was just as much part of mowbrays coaching team as the others! 

Im not saying the shouldn't be replaced/upgraded at some point, but to me they seem pretty harmless jobbing coaches and as long as they follow the new manager & assistant managers orders and don't try undermining them the what's the prob

i know for a fact that lowe is ridiculed and disliked by the players

benson does seem to be respected,though having a goalkeeping coach who has never even played the game is a no no for me

johnson was once thought of as a future asst manager or even a candidate for the top job,he was seemingly sidelined by mowbray,maybe the prehistoric one was feeling threatened by a younger,progressive coach or maybe dj saw himself as a coach to the younger players and moved away from the first team

• Like 4

It's a reasonable question and my take is that it's important for people to have someone to throw shit at. 

Last ones standing are now Lowe, Benson, Waggott and this Commercial fella...

Personally I'm more focused on the positive signs around the new Manger, Assistant Manger, DoF and Conditioning Coach but some prefer self-flagellation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

"Projects" and "journeys" is horrible corporate speak that doesn't sit right in football. I wish they wouldn't. 

True but unsure what better alternatives he could use... 

He could have been worse and said 'experiment, experience or solution' to be fair... 

54 minutes ago, Tricky said:

True but unsure what better alternatives he could use... 

He could have been worse and said 'experiment, experience or solution' to be fair... 

Projects..... aims, target, task, objective, goal, ambition

Journeys..... any of the above in the long term

Plain English

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

It's a reasonable question and my take is that it's important for people to have someone to throw shit at. 

Last ones standing are now Lowe, Benson, Waggott and this Commercial fella...

Personally I'm more focused on the positive signs around the new Manger, Assistant Manger, DoF and Conditioning Coach but some prefer self-flagellation.

So having issues with the commercial side of the club is because I ‘prefer self flagellation’? 

I’m pretty sure I would rather the club could just have competent people throughout to give us the best possible opportunity to be a success…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you were sat in the changing room and he walked in you’d stand up. He’s certainly got presence.

Exactly. He speaks with passion and desire. From his comments I don't think he will settle for second best at all. He wants progress and promotion. He says he will play attacking football. 

I am genuine excite for the coming season and beyond with him in charge

• Like 9

I already like him and am willing him to do well . Be such a nice change to really great behind a manager and team with abit of passion and belief and hunger . I don’t know how successful he will be, like I said previously, I have my doubts , however I do really like his personality and energy from what I’ve seen and if he can implement his ideas on to the pitch we might just be on to something. 

Down to the powers that be now to back him in the transfer market and get the fans back into the stadium and see some actual growth rather than decline. 

Buzzing and positive for the first time on a long time . I will have be able to  enjoy august at least 😂

• Like 7