BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

I understand the above is to do with the owners not being engaged/willing to signoff contracts? Is that right?

Do you expect this aspect - lack of forward planning due to lack of signoffs from Venkys to approve new contracts - to change under Broughton/JDT?

Its not my understanding, they dont get involved in the nitty gritty numbers.

They look at whats proposed, and those numbers are decided between Waggott and Cheston. All player contract negotiations are done out of ewood.

There is lots that Venkys can be hit with a big stick with, but contracts is not one of them. They do not micro-manage the club.

As i've said previously on here, the board is judged on money in, money out, and running a ship which shows healthy figures prior to the Raos top up fund. 

Regarding the new model, I really do not know. 

My opinion on the second point, is we wont get in this position with a wiser man/woman controlling this aspect. I think under Swaggott reign, its very much protect their own jobs and bonuses, by being tighter than a ducks ass

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Brilliant, anywhere else I wouldn’t believe you, but at Rovers anything is possible.  What a joke of a club. They’re appointing a manager of a football club not the deputy head of a local secondary school ! 

I personally don’t believe it.

As I see it, and knowing footballers, Farke and Carvalhal were interviewed as part of a designed process. During that process, they received more lucrative / better offers and took them. No drama, no bad blood, no ‘fault’ just life…

We can’t hammer the club for being so shit for so long and then go after them again for going through the most rigorous plan they’ve EVER made resulting in what looks like a refreshingly positive new dawn.

And fir those saying they stumbled on it…they might have. Sometimes you do stumble on great luck and fuckin hell it feels great…but often that luck has been earned through hard work and because you were brave enough to stick to the plan.

The academy, community work and the recent appointments and clarification on the vision are signs of green shoots of optimism for me. Now I want to see continued shoots and delivery…COYB

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

We can’t hammer the club for being so shit for so long and then go after them again for going through the most rigorous plan they’ve EVER made resulting in what looks like a refreshingly positive new dawn.

Well it depends, like you I’m speculating, but if Swag was overseeing this highly rigorous process going on for weeks and weeks, akin to hiring a new finance director and getting  nowhere… then GB comes in, wants JDT, gets him in days, perhaps football is just a tad more dynamic than standard corporate recruitment processes…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Its not my understanding, they dont get involved in the nitty gritty numbers.

They look at whats proposed, and those numbers are decided between Waggott and Cheston. All player contract negotiations are done out of ewood.

There is lots that Venkys can be hit with a big stick with, but contracts is not one of them. They do not micro-manage the club.

As i've said previously on here, the board is judged on money in, money out, and running a ship which shows healthy figures prior to the Raos top up fund. 

Regarding the new model, I really do not know. 

My opinion on the second point, is we wont get in this position with a wiser man/woman controlling this aspect. I think under Swaggott reign, its very much protect their own jobs and bonuses, by being tighter than a ducks ass

Well if that's true I guess things could improve with Broughton & JDT.

But it just feels to me that the source of the bizarre way we operate is far more to do with Venkys that Waggott and therefore I will be surprised if Broughton and JDT really manage to change it.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I personally don’t believe it.

As I see it, and knowing footballers, Farke and Carvalhal were interviewed as part of a designed process. During that process, they received more lucrative / better offers and took them. No drama, no bad blood, no ‘fault’ just life…

And fir those saying they stumbled on it…they might have. Sometimes you do stumble on great luck and fuckin hell it feels great…but often that luck has been earned through hard work and because you were brave enough to stick to the plan.

The academy, community work and the recent appointments and clarification on the vision are signs of green shoots of optimism for me. Now I want to see continued shoots and delivery…COYB

Believe what you want, its your perogative.

JDT has been perfectly transparent of when and who brought him into the process and how late it was.

It played out exactly how I said, and without looking  im pretty sure also the media stated the same. 

Green shoots you speak about, and remember we are discussing those at Ewood and not venkys.

1. Academy - what about it? Its been here a long time and has always been supported by the owners. So where does the swaggott green shoot come from?

2. Community work, has always been incredible from the community trust, hence I got offices in there for work, great people, work very hard and have done for as long as i can remember. Yusir's work has been great too, but again the club haa always done things like this pre and post venkys. Where does Swaggott get green shoots here?

3. Appointments look excellent and after ballsing the process up, we had to hire an external head hunter to find and negotiate broughton, who then in turn got JDt, please tell me the greenshoot here for Swaggott?

The reality is Venkys have supported all the above, paid thr bills, continue to fund the club, but are massively being let down by those at Ewood.

I'm shocked if your views differ to these, but "i dont believe" suggest i'm lieing and I do not tell lies, and have zero to gain by telling lies

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Not bothered how he plays as long we are successful.

I do.  The truth is you can play good football and be successful, even with modest resources.

I remember sitting there just bored out of my brain, embarrassed by the knuckle-dragging style of play, by the sly tactics and the long ball nonsense.  Sam could play other ways: once we were safe he would let the team play a more expansive style.

Of course this is just mine (and many others) view. However on this occasion I'm right.

On 16/06/2022 at 17:34, roversfan99 said:

On Nyambe, I don't think he would be as difficult to replace as Lenihan, but it would be a huge benefit if we can get him signed up for the long term, especially considering that he is only 24. If he was on a free from elsewhere, we would consider Nyambe to be an incredibly shrewd signing if we signed him.

Meanwhile, Ryan's head... 

Screenshot_20220618-105644_Chrome.thumb.jpg.04a0b766dedae86a2cfb3ef00c2487b2.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I do.  The truth is you can play good football and be successful, even with modest resources.

I remember sitting there just bored out of my brain, embarrassed by the knuckle-dragging style of play, by the sly tactics and the long ball nonsense.  Sam could play other ways: once we were safe he would let the team play a more expansive style.

Of course this is just mine (and many others) view. However on this occasion I'm right.

Perhaps it was possible to find a manager that would get a skint club playing ‘football the right way’ and mid table like it had with Sam, but Williams, as one of the custodians of the club with a responsibility to keep it solvent, decided getting to 40 points with a proven operator was more important for a club with no money, than taking a risk (he’d learnt the hard way after Ince) and potentially bringing on relegation, big financial losses and a much reduced club. And he was 100% correct in doing so.

Well you’re not right, as you are confusing what you personally enjoy/don’t enjoy with what is best for the football club.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

They really did not.

Most of my family and all of my wife’s family are Bolton fans. They all love Sam. He’s a Bolton legend. But they still say his football was terrible and when comparing to their all time great teams prefer the exciting football of Rioch in the Mcginlay era.

Sam was a one trick pony, and a bloody good one at that. But ask any supporter at any club he managed whether they enjoyed the football. The answer is always the same

FFS, the rebuttals to the anti Big Sam brigade as shown just on the past few pages on here shows that statement to be complete BS.

Any supporter? You don't speak for me!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Perhaps it was possible to find a manager that would get a skint club playing ‘football the right way’ and mid table, but Williams, as one of the custodians of the club, decided getting to 40 points with a proven operator was more important for a club with no money, than risking oblivion.

Well you’re not right, as you are confusing what you personally enjoy/don’t enjoy with what is best for the football club.

Under the circumstances I think Sam was a good appointment, but it was time to move on to something, shall I say, more modern.   I have no problem digging in and fighting the fight when it's required, but Sam took it the the extreme.  And not a nice man.

As I said, you can win games by playing more entertaining football.  It's not called the beautiful game for nothing.

37 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Wasted a lot of peoples time, and with it continued to show the traits as poor negotiators.

Its not a wonder, players are having to be sold as they are in the last year of the contract.

We have lost a number of players for nothing during this boards reign.

The wage demands of the contract rebel three were not that bad, not asking for the world.

The wise man would of signed them up last season, knowing if we didn't go up worse case scenario we could sell them and fill the coffers.

The arrogance or gauntlet put down, of "if you think you can find better" never ends well in the clubs favour.

It leaves us with zero transfer funds in, and us now pimping Brereton out.

Its criminal they let those contracts run down, and also criminal they didnt negotiate a new one with Brereton.

For this aione they are showing how out of their depth they are.

I jokingly likened Broughton to the 'Hitman' game character last night, as he has seemingly shown more decisiveness in five minutes than Waggott has in five years. I'm convinced that had we not found Broughton, the managerial farce would still be ongoing now.

It's no wonder things have been how they are at the club, regarding contracts, signings etc, with operators like swag and co on the ground. I was initially of the view that Broughton wouldn't be much cop, as I thought he was a Venky pick who would be of the general mould. However, him being found by an external agency, his general demeanour from the few clips I have seen and his apparent role in getting JDT here makes me think he means business. Long way to go, but he doesn't seem to be a bullshitter right now. I have more faith in him getting things right than a pretender like swag.

How many instances have there been of swag confidently claiming x, y and z are going to happen, only for it not to be the case? Stitch pitch, the out of contract being sold in Jan if they haven't signed up by then, Lenihan being close to renewing. It's laughable that he has the arrogance to challenge the players to find better if they are able to, while doing his best to save every penny he can. He's never winning that battle. One conversation with swag is enough for a top manager to see straight through him, yet some of our fans seem to have been bowled over by him due to kind treatment from him in person and the lounge 'experience'.

Hopefully Broughton and JDT are given the backing from the owners to get on with it, as the pair of them have, so far, brought us a renewed energy and renewed hope.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Wasted a lot of peoples time, and with it continued to show the traits as poor negotiators.

Its not a wonder, players are having to be sold as they are in the last year of the contract.

We have lost a number of players for nothing during this boards reign.

The wage demands of the contract rebel three were not that bad, not asking for the world.

The wise man would of signed them up last season, knowing if we didn't go up worse case scenario we could sell them and fill the coffers.

The arrogance or gauntlet put down, of "if you think you can find better" never ends well in the clubs favour.

It leaves us with zero transfer funds in, and us now pimping Brereton out.

Its criminal they let those contracts run down, and also criminal they didnt negotiate a new one with Brereton.

For this aione they are showing how out of their depth they are.

I mentioned this earlier, the club has spaffed away that much money recently its Criminal is an understatement

But the chicken chokers must also take some responsibility for this for not keeping their eye on the ball. Whether that is themselves, suhail, maggott or whoever the responsibility falls on .... Off with their heads!!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Believe what you want, its your perogative.

JDT has been perfectly transparent of when and who brought him into the process and how late it was.

It played out exactly how I said, and without looking  im pretty sure also the media stated the same. 

Green shoots you speak about, and remember we are discussing those at Ewood and not venkys.

1. Academy - what about it? Its been here a long time and has always been supported by the owners. So where does the swaggott green shoot come from?

2. Community work, has always been incredible from the community trust, hence I got offices in there for work, great people, work very hard and have done for as long as i can remember. Yusir's work has been great too, but again the club haa always done things like this pre and post venkys. Where does Swaggott get green shoots here?

3. Appointments look excellent and after ballsing the process up, we had to hire an external head hunter to find and negotiate broughton, who then in turn got JDt, please tell me the greenshoot here for Swaggott?

The reality is Venkys have supported all the above, paid thr bills, continue to fund the club, but are massively being let down by those at Ewood.

I'm shocked if your views differ to these, but "i dont believe" suggest i'm lieing and I do not tell lies, and have zero to gain by telling lies

Glen, I’ve been openly supportive of your knowledge but in fairness, the last time you were on this board you were telling us that Farke was the man. So bearing in mind what’s happened since, during your self imposed sabbatical, it’s difficult to see how you got any of it right. This time at least…

But unless you now have links with Farke and Carvalhal's team, then the ‘information’ you passed in that post feels much more like opinion to me. More to the point, whoever potentially told you was also passing opinions. I’m not suggesting the content was a lie, just that it isn’t fact.

1) Yes, the academy. A place where over the last 5yrs has been a more and more ‘go to’ place. The number of academy graduates in the first team is increasing, year on year. That’s progression. That’s positive.

2) I was referring to the work with with Yusir. If that work was done before then god help us…1% engagement / attendance before this scheme kicked off??

3) The external head hunter was employed by design, as part of the process of finding a DoF.

Of course the standards at Ewood have been poor….but imo there are shoots of positivity, fine if you don’t see it. We can debate this stuff all day. I think we see a similar picture. We just choose to frame what we see differently. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I hated watching big Sam's team.  Awful stuff.

Didn't mind his first full season, but after that his player transfers became very dubious and desperate (pretty sure he had 4 senior RBs on the books at one point) he just ran out of ideas and obviously working on a relatively small budget didn't help, but to be fair that was normally his speciality at the point and a lot was wasted on kalinic 

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Glen, I’ve been openly supportive of your knowledge but in fairness, the last time you were on this board you were telling us that Farke was the man. So bearing in mind what’s happened since, during your self imposed sabbatical, it’s difficult to see how you got any of it right. This time at least…

But unless you now have links with Farke and Carvalhal's team, then the ‘information’ you passed in that post feels much more like opinion to me. More to the point, whoever potentially told you was also passing opinions. I’m not suggesting the content was a lie, just that it isn’t fact.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

You seem intent on protecting those at Ewood, maybe because they've afforded you some time for a chat.

However they and they alone are the barrier to progression, not the Owners.

But the owners keep them employed, so as always the buck stops with them…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

Just now, Mattyblue said:

But the owners keep them employed, so as always the buck stops with them…

I dont disagree Matty, its on them to decide if those at Ewood are doing a good job. They dont micromanage them and reviews are annual rather than monthly.

This is 100% an issue.

However it does not detract or take away any responsibility of those being paid handsomely to run the club on a day to day basis