BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Just now, Crimpshrine said:

The owners were responsible for not backing Lambert and appointing Coyle - that's what I would call a barrier to progression.

At that time, this was very correct.

In this instance though, they can't take all the blame.

Just to clarify - I'm very much in the "we need new owners camp"

However I have to balance things, and cant blindly let them take the blame for others incompetence bar they've employed them

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

I dont disagree Matty, its on them to decide if those at Ewood are doing a good job. They dont micromanage them and reviews are annual rather than monthly.

This is 100% an issue.

However it does not detract or take away any responsibility of those being paid handsomely to run the club on a day to day basis 

No it doesn’t, but if they are granted responsibility despite being incompetent and are allowed to just carry on regardless, they aren’t exactly going to say no to a nice wedge, and it’s 100% on the owners for allowing it.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

No it doesn’t, but if they are incompetent they are incompetent and need removing from post, and if they are allowed to just carry on regardless, they aren’t exactly going to say no to a nice wedge, and it’s 100% on the owners for allowing it.

My point exactly, probably just not communicating it well

27 minutes ago, rigger said:

That attitude is one of the reasons the arse has fallen out of our season ticket sales.

The arse has fallen out of the season ticket sales because the club has been run on automatic pilot for the last dozen years. The Indian ownership’s neglectful attitude has alienated lots of the hard core fans. People no longer identify with the club. If the Blackburn Rovers was a child we’d have been taken into care years ago.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

No it was often a bloody good win at Ewood. 

If you stopped enjoying being a comfortable PL side with a fantastic home record and a packed Ewood that’s up to you, I loved it and knew the day of his sacking where we were going to end up.

I was exactly the same, I couldn't understand it when some fans were happy. And then when Kean was appointed I remember some applauding the decision which I found bizarre.

Allardyce drove me bonkers sometimes but there was no way he should have been sacked. There were some great times with him in charge, some lows too but nothing that would compare to the nightmare that followed.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

went in the roverstore for my season ticket this morning,apparently sales have been very brisk since jdt was announced,

Definitely, the seat map looked absolutely horrendous on Monday morning, now it want exactly packed on Friday morning, but there was an obvious spike.

Every club has that floating fanbase, that just needs a rocket up it and enthusing, and boy did this club need to be roused from its comatosed state… 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The arse has fallen out of the season ticket sales because the club has been run on automatic pilot for the last dozen years. The Indian ownership’s neglectful attitude has alienated lots of the hard core fans. People no longer identify with the club. If the Blackburn Rovers was a child we’d have been taken into care years ago.

So do you stick by your statement, that if you want success and entertainment, then you should go to Man City or Liverpool ? I am not saying that is your attitude. What I said was that, the attitude, of you cannot have success and entertainment at the Rovers, is one of the reasons for the drop off in season ticket sales. I know for a fact that is the case in at least one sale. 

11 minutes ago, rigger said:

.What I said was that, the attitude, of you cannot have success and entertainment at the Rovers

Now I’m entertained by winning first and foremost, but if you are entertained by ‘good football’, who said you can’t have both? Course you can, but winning is the ultimate aim for a professional football club as those points you gain is what gets you up and out of leagues and therefore improved budgets and players follow.

If you can do it with panache too, great, but wins come first and if you have a manager that provides them, you don’t sack them.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

So do you stick by your statement, that if you want success and entertainment, then you should go to Man City or Liverpool ? I am not saying that is your attitude. What I said was that, the attitude, of you cannot have success and entertainment at the Rovers, is one of the reasons for the drop off in season ticket sales. I know for a fact that is the case in at least one sale. 

Well after 61 years Rovers are stuck with me.  If you want success and entertainment guaranteed for your £30 they are the clubs to follow, at the moment of course. When I first started Spurs were in that all conquering class. Liverpool were in Div 2 and City were on the way there.

I’ve seen success at Rovers and I’ve been entertained. But not necessarily at the same time. The best Rovers team I’ve ever seen play never won anything.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

58 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Glen, I’ve been openly supportive of your knowledge but in fairness, the last time you were on this board you were telling us that Farke was the man. So bearing in mind what’s happened since, during your self imposed sabbatical, it’s difficult to see how you got any of it right. This time at least…

But unless you now have links with Farke and Carvalhal's team, then the ‘information’ you passed in that post feels much more like opinion to me. More to the point, whoever potentially told you was also passing opinions. I’m not suggesting the content was a lie, just that it isn’t fact.

1) Yes, the academy. A place where over the last 5yrs has been a more and more ‘go to’ place. The number of academy graduates in the first team is increasing, year on year. That’s progression. That’s positive.

2) I was referring to the work with with Yusir. If that work was done before then god help us…1% engagement / attendance before this scheme kicked off??

3) The external head hunter was employed by design, as part of the process of finding a DoF.

Of course the standards at Ewood have been poor….but imo there are shoots of positivity, fine if you don’t see it. We can debate this stuff all day. I think we see a similar picture. We just choose to frame what we see differently. 

Alright West Brom Mowbray 

23 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Poor old Tony. Not even the likes of Barnsley wanted him. He'll have to wait until Darlington or Hartlepool are hiring again.

You’re joking, what was it he said?  
‘My skill set is not suited to League 1’,

so he wouldn’t get out of bed for those cloggers in even lower divisions…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

At that time, this was very correct.

In this instance though, they can't take all the blame.

Just to clarify - I'm very much in the "we need new owners camp"

However I have to balance things, and cant blindly let them take the blame for others incompetence bar they've employed them

And keep them in situ (which in itself then begs a question - why). From what your saying Pasha must be complicit and happy with the incompetence or is he of that ilk too?

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

And keep them in situ (which in itself then begs a question - why). From what your saying Pasha must be complicit and happy with the incompetence or is he of that ilk too?

Never spoke to him, I believe he is liked at Ewood, but probably least qualified of anyone they have put in at ewood, Vinneth Rao running him a close 2nd

In all seriousness, does anyone really think it isn't a coup for Rovers to get JDT at the helm? Of course it bloody well is, he had job offers that he was considering from ECL clubs and no matter which teams they were, they offered top class football and clearly plenty of finance.

I would like anyone on here to try and offer an explanation how and why the job at Ewood wouldn't be appealing to him and why he chose Rovers over the ECL clubs?

He stated himself, the project found him and that he had other options but took the job that in itself is self explanatory.

Whether it be Waggot, Cheston or whoever, the club sold itself to JDT and his staff and that is all that really matters.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

In all seriousness, does anyone really think it isn't a coup for Rovers to get JDT at the helm? Of course it bloody well is, he had job offers that he was considering from ECL clubs and no matter which teams they were, they offered top class football and clearly plenty of finance.

I would like anyone on here to try and offer an explanation how and why the job at Ewood wouldn't be appealing to him and why he chose Rovers over the ECL clubs?

He stated himself, the project found him and that he had other options but took the job that in itself is self explanatory.

Whether it be Waggot, Cheston or whoever, the club sold itself to JDT and his staff and that is all that really matters.

The job you need usually finds you.  For JDT I think this is the job he needs now.  Get us over the finishing line and into the PL despite ours still being a poorly run club and he'll be able to take his pick of good jobs

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Never spoke to him, I believe he is liked at Ewood, but probably least qualified of anyone they have put in at ewood, Vinneth Rao running him a close 2nd

Suhail isn’t liked by the ‘original’ employees at Ewood, they think he’s an interference that sticks his oar into things he doesn’t know about. Him and Swag have been very clever at removing the long standing employees - who typically where fans and outspoken - and replacing them with underpaid and over-promoted staff that now feel like they owe them the opportunity so allow the interference. Greg Coar the latest Rovers fan who dared have an opinion, Mike Graveston before him… replaced with NFT Fielder. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Creating an argument that isn’t there again. 

Tell me a single poster unhappy with the appointment.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Creating an argument that isn’t there again. 

Tell me a single poster unhappy with the appointment.

It’s not the creation of an argument it’s a  reasonable question to ask bearing in mind some of the comments being touted