BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a while back now but I remember there being more than one reason to disallow the goal. If you were to ask me “ Have you ever been to a game that was bent ? “  That game would have to be considered.

Not so much the game, but the officials didn't cover themselves in glory.

Edited by rigger

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s a while back now but I remember there being more than one reason to disallow the goal. If you were to ask me “ Have you ever been to a game that was bent ? “  That game would have to be considered.

There were about 4 or 5 reasons to disallow it, some of which were nailed on. I'll admit I forget the specifics because there were so damned many, but I'm fairly sure it was that it was offside, didn't cross the line, a foul, I think a handball and something else. Maybe that it shouldn't have been a corner either?

I just tried to find the footage and I struggled. It's not even in a sky sports video on youtube called 'the controversial goals that made Man Utd sign Tevez'. Which shows several of his West Ham goals that season, including a penalty against us in the same game. You could be forgiven for thinking they don't want you to see it...

I eventually found it in highlights of the whole match: 

About 2:40. The glaring reasons to disallow are the fact it definitely doesn't cross the line, and even if it had, Tevez as the scorer was offside in the most obvious way by being the only man stood on the line. The replay doesn't show enough for me to identify where the foul I thought I remembered was, but before the shot is taken all our defenders are appealing for something, I think a handball as the ball comes back from the line first time. A bit ball-to-hand, but you see them given. In fact back then they barely seemed to care about that and any hand contact was handball. Later in the clip we see Bentley sent off for being pushed by Neill and hand balling as a result. We got royally fucked over in that game.

It transformed their season. They had just lost the last 5 games, and lost 8 of the last 11, the other 3 being draws. They won the next two after us, including Arsenal away, wobbled for 2 games and won their last 4. They stayed up by exactly 3 points (their GD wouldn't have saved them). Without that dodgy result they went down. Without that dodgy signing they went down. But West Ham legend Trevor Brooking of all people got to decide their punishment for it I think? Or was it him that got to decide what happened with the Olympic Stadium?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

Boxing Day 1993.

A corner that should never have been as well surprisingly.

Our goal was scored by Kevin Gallacher. He beat their centre back for speed and, as Schmeical(spelling?) came out, instead of smashing it he rolled it into the corner where it nestled in the net. One of my favourite Rovers goals.

When they equalised they went ballistic as if they had won. Urine Detachments! (anagram)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There were about 4 or 5 reasons to disallow it, some of which were nailed on. I'll admit I forget the specifics because there were so damned many, but I'm fairly sure it was that it was offside, didn't cross the line, a foul, I think a handball and something else. Maybe that it shouldn't have been a corner either?

I just tried to find the footage and I struggled. It's not even in a sky sports video on youtube called 'the controversial goals that made Man Utd sign Tevez'. Which shows several of his West Ham goals that season, including a penalty against us in the same game. You could be forgiven for thinking they don't want you to see it...

About 2:40. The glaring reasons to disallow are the fact it definitely doesn't cross the line, and even if it had, Tevez as the scorer was offside in the most obvious way by being the only man stood on the line. The replay doesn't show enough for me to identify where the foul I thought I remembered was, but before the shot is taken all our defenders are appealing for something, I think a handball as the ball comes back from the line first time. A bit ball-to-hand, but you see them given. In fact back then they barely seemed to care about that and any hand contact was handball. Later in the clip we see Bentley sent off for being pushed by Neill and hand balling as a result. We got royally fucked over in that game.

It transformed their season. They had just lost the last 5 games, and lost 8 of the last 11, the other 3 being draws. They won the next two after us, including Arsenal away, wobbled for 2 games and won their last 4. They stayed up by exactly 3 points (their GD wouldn't have saved them). Without that dodgy result they went down. Without that dodgy signing they went down. But West Ham legend Trevor Brooking of all people got to decide their punishment for it I think? Or was it him that got to decide what happened with the Olympic Stadium?

What a carve up.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bazza said:

Our goal was scored by Kevin Gallacher. He beat their centre back for speed and, as Schmeical(spelling?) came out, instead of smashing it he rolled it into the corner where it nestled in the net. One of my favourite Rovers goals.

When they equalised they went ballistic as if they had won. Urine Detachments! (anagram)

Here it is, Bazza. Another raggy late goal against us. They've had a few of them the rats.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Mhead2 said:

The linesman was from Wigan....and never appeared again in PL.

Totally insane match.

Not true. Jim Devine was the name of the linesman in question and he is from Middlesbrough. He went on for several years after the West Ham game. The other linesman was Dave Richardson from Halifax.

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And who can forget Roy Carroll and I think mendes at spurs when it was a mile over . I hate United so much because of all of the above and the gloating glory hunting mob that watch them in the pub 

funny watching them currently implode with a succesion of **** managers and even worse ceo`s add to the fact that both their hated rivals are a universe ahead of them as well,karma is a bitch innit🤣

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

And who can forget Roy Carroll and I think mendes at spurs when it was a mile over . I hate United so much because of all of the above and the gloating glory hunting mob that watch them in the pub 

My hate for Utd fans peaked when I was watching us getting a 1-1 draw in the pub. Dickov scored for us and then  Saha blatantly handballed it, it fell to Smith who scored in like the 90th min. 

Some Utd fan in the pub walked up to me, got right in my face, laughed and then shouted "aw, better luck next time"

He then danced off signing.

What a tosser.

Edited by davulsukur
  • Like 1

On 05/07/2022 at 19:23, davulsukur said:

My hate for Utd fans peaked when I was watching us getting a 1-1 draw in the pub. Dickov scored for us and then  Saha blatantly handballed it, it fell to Smith the other who scored in like the 90th min. 

Some Utd fan in the pub walked up to me, got right in my face, laughed and then shouted "aw, better luck next time"

He then danced off signing.

What a tosser.

Living in Wigan I’ve had a life time of it. I detest them

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Howard Webb, the darling of refs at the time but really just a crock of smelly stuff.

Never ever liked that specimen.

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Howard Webb, the darling of refs at the time but really just a crock of smelly stuff.

Never ever liked that specimen.

Plenty of jokes after he was made Chief Refereeing Officer recently that United have made their first signing of the summer!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Malmö won their CL qualifier tonight, 3-2. Meanwhile JDT is hoping we can afford frees.

Currently watching Shamrock Rovers panning Hibs. H T 2-0. 

I’m assuming it’s not ‘the’ Hibs?