BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

On 14/11/2022 at 14:57, roversfan99 said:

Not that I am aware of, may be wrong?

He could have played as a number 10 had we gone for the 5 at the back, or Hedges could have played there.

With the Gallagher situation, it says a lot that our number 1 striking target can't get off the bench, a failure in recruitment.

We know why Hirst is currently starting or involved in the first team cos JDT has explained the situation. If you look at last season with Portsmouth, his goals mainly came after November. Let's hope he starts performing like that. I won't write him off like you have. 

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We know why Hirst is currently starting or involved in the first team cos JDT has explained the situation. If you look at last season with Portsmouth, his goals mainly came after November. Let's hope he starts performing like that. I won't write him off like you have. 

From what I have seen of Hirst, he is scared of going in for a tackle. If a striker is only effective at certain parts of the season, he is fucked. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know what has been said, but I have many questions. The ultimate reason that he hasn't made squads so often is IMO because he is shit, simply not good enough.

I have questions about who actually wanted him, Broughton or Tomasson and have never swallowed the "number 1 striking target" nonsense. Tomasson would never come out and say "I never wanted him" or "he isn't very good hence why I don't play him" so I guess that we will never know.

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I know what has been said, but I have many questions. The ultimate reason that he hasn't made squads so often is IMO because he is shit, simply not good enough.

I have questions about who actually wanted him, Broughton or Tomasson and have never swallowed the "number 1 striking target" nonsense. Tomasson would never come out and say "I never wanted him" or "he isn't very good hence why I don't play him" so I guess that we will never know.

Well, if JDT didn't want him here, he wouldn't be here. 

maybe Rovers scouted him last season and like what they watch? Also we brought in a scout from Oxford Tom Sutton in the summer so maybe he might have suggested to JDT and GB? 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well, if JDT didn't want him here, he wouldn't be here. 

maybe Rovers scouted him last season and like what they watch? Also we brought in a scout from Oxford Tom Sutton in the summer so maybe he might have suggested to JDT and GB? 

If Tom Sutton recommended him then perhaps he needs a P45!

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Seasonal Striker? 

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? 

Lets judge Hirst at the end of the season not after limited amount of time here. 

Hirst is a loan player, almost half the season has gone and he struggles at U21s level. He needs to produce fast. If I were him I would have been asking to play in the U21s games rather than going on holiday

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Hirst is a loan player, almost half the season has gone and he struggles at U21s level. He needs to produce fast. If I were him I would have been asking to play in the U21s games rather than going on holiday

I am fully aware that Hirst is on loan here. 

Maybe Hirst need a break mentality for a week or so before he come back strong. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Really? 

Lets judge Hirst at the end of the season not after limited amount of time here. 

What’s wrong with judging him on his performances to date? They have been dreadful so far, and if he continues to get chances in the side he needs to do much better.

This whole idea of judging players and managers at the end of the season/after x transfer windows/in x years time is the sort of nonsense thinking that allowed Mowbray to cling on to his job way longer than he deserved to.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am fully aware that Hirst is on loan here. 

Maybe Hirst need a break mentality for a week or so before he come back strong. 

32 games for Rotherham in the Championship, 0 goals. 21 years old.

8 appearances for Rovers, 0 goals. And yes I get it, he's hardly had a run in the team but the problem is he doesn't look up for it either as a goalscorer, holding up the ball, in the air, bullying defenders. I was willing to give him a chance but he's now 23 and doesn't seem to have any attributes that will make him a success at this level.

We need someone who can hit the ground running in January.

in jdt`s defence,he was late in being appointed,had virtually no back room staff and has had to work with what he has,he annoys me by playing a system that his players don`t have the ability for but i suspect in january he`ll be looking to get his own choice of players in,i hope so,we won`t finish in the top half  unless he brings in midfielders and a striker

6 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

What’s wrong with judging him on his performances to date? They have been dreadful so far, and if he continues to get chances in the side he needs to do much better.

This whole idea of judging players and managers at the end of the season/after x transfer windows/in x years time is the sort of nonsense thinking that allowed Mowbray to cling on to his job way longer than he deserved to.

Yes his performances haven't been good but I do think he will come good if he gets a chance.

6 minutes ago, booth said:

8 appearances for Rovers, 0 goals. And yes I get it, he's hardly had a run in the team but the problem is he doesn't look up for it either as a goalscorer, holding up the ball, in the air, bullying defenders. I was willing to give him a chance but he's now 23 and doesn't seem to have any attributes that will make him a success at this level.

We need someone who can hit the ground running in January.

I think that penalty miss at Cardiff has badly affected his game and mentality. I think a week to reset, and mentality rest will help him. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

15 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in jdt`s defence,he was late in being appointed,had virtually no back room staff and has had to work with what he has,he annoys me by playing a system that his players don`t have the ability for but i suspect in january he`ll be looking to get his own choice of players in,i hope so,we won`t finish in the top half  unless he brings in midfielders and a striker

Just disappointing that Broughton has already said we aren't doing much business in January.

Unfortunately , the one player , we are really missing is Joe Rothwell and he can't , get a start for Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic ...

He could run at teams from the half way line and not get involved in stupid , passing in his own penalty area ....

Rant over , like I said a week ago ..The honeymoon is over for JDT 

24 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Unfortunately , the one player , we are really missing is Joe Rothwell and he can't , get a start for Bournemouth & Boscombe Athletic ...

He could run at teams from the half way line and not get involved in stupid , passing in his own penalty area ....

I was quite impressed with Georgie Gents running with the ball yesterday. Having said that he is nowhere near good enough for the first team.

1 hour ago, booth said:

Just disappointing that Broughton has already said we aren't doing much business in January.

No surprises really. I think we will make 1 or 2 signings at most

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hav`nt heard that,ffs,are we going to let diaz leave for **** all??,january is the time to cash in and spend the money on better players,did`nt jdt say he had substancial funds to spend

We have offered BBD a new contract and if we are going to get promote then he will have a big impact on us getting to PL

28 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

Rothwell and his family wanted to move back south and that what they wanted for months before he got the move there. 

I'm happy with our midfield options.

I would be looking for right back back up player and a replacement for BBD if he leaves in January or signs a pre contract in January for Foriegn club. Other than that I'm happy with the squad. 

46 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

You don't really believe , we are getting promotion , do you ??

Why not? What's with negative attitude? 3rd in league after 21 games. We have a good chance of getting promote this season.