BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm happy with our midfield options.

I would be looking for right back back up player and a replacement for BBD if he leaves in January or signs a pre contract in January for Foriegn club. Other than that I'm happy with the squad. 

Why not? What's with negative attitude? 3rd in league after 21 games. We have a good chance of getting promote this season. 

Is promotion now the target, rather than the initial stage of the "journey?"

The squad needs reinforcements in January, simple as that. Though that will also be the thoughts at our rivals as clubs know it’s a tough old grind in this division, which is why Burnley, Sheff Utd et al will be just doing that. And just like we did from a position of strength in 1992 and 2001.

The proof of the pudding will be in the eating if we have a repeat of the pathetic window of last January, if so, it will be clear that despite the fresh faces the fundamentals of this club and its owners haven’t changed and that there is no actual ambition for promotion…

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm happy with our midfield options.

I would be looking for right back back up player and a replacement for BBD if he leaves in January or signs a pre contract in January for Foriegn club. Other than that I'm happy with the squad. 

Why not? What's with negative attitude? 3rd in league after 21 games. We have a good chance of getting promote this season. 

You don't get promote for being 3rd

15 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Is promotion now the target, rather than the initial stage of the "journey?"

We are in great position to kick on from our 3rd position and challenge for promotion whether its top 2 or winning the playoffs. We have good talent squad that I wouldn't be looking to add more one or 2 signings to the squad in the January transfer window

2 hours ago, rigger said:

You don't get promote for being 3rd

Yes I know that thanks Rigger. I am fully aware how promote and the league table works. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

• 3 weeks later...

Under a competent board he would be dragged into the boardroom to explain what on earth the fans have seen over the past two matches.

Not under this lot. He’ll get a pat on the back for continuing his playing philosophy of ‘adding value to the squad’ to the detriment of results.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Under a competent board he would be dragged into the boardroom to explain what on earth the fans have seen over the past two matches.

Not under this lot. He’ll get a pat on the back for continuing his playing philosophy of ‘adding value to the squad’ to the detriment of results.*

He's not adding value or getting results. I'll await to hear what Gregg Broughton has to say about the manager he appointed. After all, he is Director of Football so he must be as embarrassed by this as anyone. 

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, matt83 said:

We can all (most) see the trajectory of where this is heading but for now they’ll desperately cling on to playoffs position. 

As will many others tbf.

We're still 3rd....

We're still 4th....

We're still 5th....

We're still 6th....

Only a point off 6th...

Only two points off 6th...

Only three points off 6th...

Couple of wins and we're right back in the mix...

Don't think the collapse will be as bad as last season, but we'll finish some way off 6th by the end of the season. That much is obvious from our performances, regardless of where we currently sit in the league. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

As will many others tbf.

We're still 3rd....

We're still 4th....

We're still 5th....

We're still 6th....

Only a point off 6th...

Don't think the collapse will be as bad as last season, but we'll finish some way off 6th by the end of the season. That much is obvious from our performances, regardless of where we currently sit in the league. 

Ending with 12th is very good for his first season. We go again. 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Ending with 12th is very good for his first season. We go again. 

Honestly, taking our performances so far this season into account, and assuming it doesn't improve much, 12th would be a very good position to finish in. 

14 minutes ago, DE. said:

As will many others tbf.

We're still 3rd....

We're still 4th....

We're still 5th....

We're still 6th....

Only a point off 6th...

This is arguably the most frustrating bit about it for me. 

i hope the january transfer window is better than the summers

hirst-useless and this league is above his ability,thankfully only on loan

mola---still looks unfit and ungainly,nothing special

smzodics---not very good at anything,fails to impress me

hyam--good defender,must be p*****d off with the rest of the team losing the ball all time

morton---certainly no harvey elliot,not as good as he was made out to be

brittain---v good at right back/wing back,not so good on the other side,not his fault he`s injured quite a lot

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope the january transfer window is better than the summers

hirst-useless and this league is above his ability,thankfully only on loan

mola---still looks unfit and ungainly,nothing special

smzodics---not very good at anything,fails to impress me

hyam--good defender,must be p*****d off with the rest of the team losing the ball all time

morton---certainly no harvey elliot,not as good as he was made out to be

brittain---v good at right back/wing back,not so good on the other side,not his fault he`s injured quite a lot

Hyam and Brittain the only decent signings for me.

Apart from the last two games Morton has done well but he’s a young lad, we shouldn’t be pinning our hopes on him, he should be here to contribute, not be the main man.

According to Broughton it was a good window.

This is a project and he needs four transfer windows is what he has said several times. I seriously doubt his coaching credentials after the last two games where we have been out played, out thought and out battled by local rivals conceding seven goals in the process. I guess the only positive is that we should have conceded ten.

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” 

• Like 4