BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

7 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

hired them to find him a new club next season!!!!!!!!

Almost certainly.

His last agents couldn't find him a job for 6 months after winning back-to-back Swedish titles and he ended up at this basketcase club. 

He'll be putting the feelers out for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Almost certainly.

His last agents couldn't find him a job for 6 months after winning back-to-back Swedish titles and he ended up at this basketcase club. 

He'll be putting the feelers out for sure. 

To be fair, he did say all allong, that he would not be looking for a new job for the next six months, when he quit Malmø. Due to the Covid19 restrictions he had hardly seen his family for the 2 years he spent in Malmø, and he wanted to spend time with them. He also said, he did not want join a new club in the middle of a season.

I am also postive, that he is now looking for another club, hence the change of agency, which is being done very publically, making sure its on every social media platform. It also explains why all of his pre- and post match interviews since the transfer window closed have sounded like a job application or as if he was doing a jobinterview - praising his achievements with the team and making it all sound a lot more positive than it actually is.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Danishfan said:

To be fair, he did say all allong, that he would not be looking for a new job for the next six months, when he quit Malmø. Due to the Covid19 restrictions he had hardly seen his family for the 2 years he spent in Malmø, and he wanted to spend time with them. He also said, he did not want join a new club in the middle of a season.

I am also postive, that he is now looking for another club, hence the change of agency, which is being done very publically, making sure its on every social media platform. It also explains why all of his pre- and post match interviews since the transfer window closed have sounded like a job application or as if he was doing a jobinterview - praising his achievements with the team and making it all sound a lot more positive than it actually is.

So, basically the long term plan/project he keeps spouting off about is something he personally doesn't want to be part of.

I don't fault him for not believing in bullshit, even when he's the one fronting it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I'd almost be disappointed in JDT if he wasn't looking for a new job. I know people seem to treat Lambert's conduct as unforgivable in having a release clause and throwing in the towel so quickly but I'd expect no less from any remotely ambitious self-respecting manager.

That's the reason we ended up with Kean, Bowyer and Mowbray for a grand total of 10 years between them. People who wouldn't have got a look in elsewhere, all of whom overstayed their sell by date, all of whom knew that they weren't going to get better offers any time soon. 

This is the Club where ambition goes to die, overseen by wasters like Waggott here to meet their own targets, keep things 'ticking over' whilst the club decays. That's why players with ambition have moved on and why Tomasson will too. 

Bowyer... The last time we had a decent squad and two good centre forwards.

Imagine if we'd had a good manager in charge back then 😩

• Like 6

Its been some 'Long term ambition' twelve years since we dropped out the top flight...we even showed the ambition of dropping to Div 1.Yet our neighbours are set for promotion at the first attempt.

If you believe the hyperbole then more fool you.I dont like being taken for a mug as most on here wont....the frustration with this Club is unbearable at times.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 4

For all the talk of projects and transfer windows out of the starting team on Saturday all but two were here when Tomasson and Broughton came in the Summer. The two starters are both on loan. In the previous match only three of the match day squad were signed this season.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For all the talk of projects and transfer windows out of the starting team on Saturday all but two were here when Tomasson and Broughton came in the Summer. The two starters are both on loan. In the previous match only three of the match day squad were signed this season.

To be fair Hyam would've played if not injured and so too would Brittain.

And O'Brien too if, well, y'know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He most likely will do what most do and see a long contract and no sense of accountability from his superiors and carry on regardless.

If given an opportunity then i think he would leave - big question is does he see his future in the top leagues in Europe then as of today he wouldn’t get a bigger club.
Needs to get us back into the playoffs to be offered even a sideways move in Eng/Spain/Italy/France/Germany imo

• Like 1

3 hours ago, booth said:

Bowyer... The last time we had a decent squad and two good centre forwards.

Imagine if we'd had a good manager in charge back then 😩

he gets unfair stick does bowyer,i thought he did a very good job,he was just a little to cautious imo,we should have made the play offs the season before the indians forced him to sell rhodes,gestede and cairney,losing that much ability from your team would have ***** up most managers,he was on a loser after that

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

he gets unfair stick does bowyer,i thought he did a very good job,he was just a little to cautious imo,we should have made the play offs the season before the indians forced him to sell rhodes,gestede and cairney,losing that much ability from your team would have ***** up most managers,he was on a loser after that

Best squad we've had since going down that, two good goalscorers, and we didn't even threaten the play off spots.

I doubt JDT will get as much sympathy.

• Like 5

Have any of you heard rumours about JDT being linked with Leeds?

This Danish newspaper has an article about JDT joining SEG Football, and it says, that according to British media, JDT is being linked with the vacant managerjob i Leeds?

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/kommer-i-stald-med-guardiola/9636627

1 hour ago, Danishfan said:

This Danish newspaper has an article about JDT joining SEG Football, and it says, that according to British media, JDT is being linked with the vacant managerjob i Leeds?

https://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/fodbold/udenlandsk_fodbold/engelsk_fodbold/kommer-i-stald-med-guardiola/9636627

Not seen a link with Leeds myself but they are in a huge mess by being turned down by 6 different head coaches and today being linked with Pedro Martins. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danishfan said:

I can’t see that myself.