BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

57 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

What was the context?

Just listened back (FA Cup build-up program on BBC Sounds, from about 20 mins in) and it’s weird. Presenter made no mention of JDT leaving and he basically implied people are interested in JDT.

Would honestly be very upset about him leaving, but I can’t say I’d blame him if a Premiership team came in. Money to spend, etc. We’ve not been working with much and we can’t seem to work with what we do get, anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Just listened back (FA Cup build-up program on BBC Sounds, from about 20 mins in) and it’s weird. Presenter made no mention of JDT leaving and he basically implied people are interested in JDT.

Would honestly be very upset about him leaving, but I can’t say I’d blame him if a Premiership team came in. Money to spend, etc. We’ve not been working with much and we can’t seem to work with what we do get, anyway.

Have you got a link? Can't find it on Sounds. cheers. 

8 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Yes exactly that, was absolutely no need to mention it.. was just asked about us as a club and then JDT as a coach.. all he had to do was big both up, pretty shocking in my opinion 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He needs an in-game management coach.  Someone who has some tactical acumen.  A Terry venables or Glen hoddle type figure.  I always say the same about Southgate 

He needs a striker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Thanks mate. 

Really bizarre comments, and totally unprompted, unless there was a question put to him that was edited out. No idea why he would say they have plans for the next manager if JDT leaves unless he was asked about it. 

You’re welcome!

I’ve not listened but maybe it was a clumsy attempt at demonstrating how ‘succession planning’ is part of his job?

Like you say though, don’t say anything unless asked (and possibly not even then)

Edited by wilsdenrover
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He needs an in-game management coach.  Someone who has some tactical acumen.  A Terry venables or Glen hoddle type figure.  I always say the same about Southgate 

That is what Remy does. JDT and Remy are very close and they have done a very good job so far

19 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely don't think anyone could blame JDT for leaving after the shambles of the January window.

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree. If he does go that must be near the top of his list of reasons. That’s why we’ll never thrive under the Chicken Chokers.

I think he’d already have walked if that was going to be the reason but as Tyrone says it would surely be one of the reasons if he did.

I’m not sure we currently have a persuasive argument for convincing him to stay.

I guess, like with all walks of life, it will depend on what opportunities (if any) are presented to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Genuinely don't think anyone could blame JDT for leaving after the shambles of the January window.

if he was going to go he would have gone after the January transfer window. 

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

And a credible Chief Executive and an actual Director of Football as opposed to an overpromoted Academy Head.

Most Director of football have a background in youth development. You seemed to be against GB since he was appointed. 

8 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

GB's comments yesterday were very odd, almost as if he was resigned to losing JDT. 

Of Course GB should always have a back up plan and list of potential replacement if JDT was head hunted by Premier League club like Southampton or Leeds for 2 examples. 

Personally I'd lose a lot of respect for jdt if he leaves this summer after all of his and GBs talk about us being on a long term journey with them at the helm.... Unless it was a big  champions league club that wanted him that we couldn't even closely compete with salary wise. Hopefully he will be offered a big improved new deal her  soon

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

if he was going to go he would have gone after the January transfer window. 

Most Director of football have a background in youth development. You seemed to be against GB since he was appointed. 

Of Course GB should always have a back up plan and list of potential replacement if JDT was head hunted by Premier League club like Southampton or Leeds for 2 examples. 

A back up plan is very sensible - talking in public about him leaving is not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

A back up plan is very sensible - talking in public about him leaving is not.

I’d be less concerned if we had a board who knew what they were doing. We lost a succession of really good managers in the 1979’s but each time we managed to get another good one in. I think with JDT it was more luck than judgement.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d be less concerned if we had a board who knew what they were doing. We lost a succession of really good managers in the 1979’s but each time we managed to get another good one in. I think with JDT it was more luck than judgement.

Part of me wants to know the names on this list (for if JDT leaves)  and part of me does not 🫣

Edited by wilsdenrover

• Backroom

I expect it was just a clumsy way of describing succession planning. Successful managers leave eventually, UNLESS we can sell them the ambition.

The trouble we have is that the ambition comes from GB amd JDT, but nobody else at the club.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I expect it was just a clumsy way of describing succession planning. Successful managers leave eventually, UNLESS we can sell them the ambition.

The trouble we have is that the ambition comes from GB amd JDT, but nobody else at the club.

I presume you mean just the management side as I think the players have ambition too.

It would be great to have an ambitious ‘senior management’ team but I’d settle for a competent one… 

• Like 2