BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

20 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Don't see PSV being any pull for jdt. I know they are a biggish club but he has zero links there

He had zero links here.

It'll all depend on his family and whether they want to re-locate here. I think GB said that was always going to be the deciding factor for JDT after he'd done his first year here. But if his wife has taken the lease on a chippy in Whalley then the signs are promising. 

• Like 2

Far more hopeful of him staying now. I fully imagine Arne Slot will leave Feyernoord next summer. If that's the job JDT wants, it doesn't look great for a manager to leave two clubs after only a single season. Might be in his beat interest to stay with us now, though that will only be the case if he's successful here and for that he needs to be backed.

What's the bets Broughton and JDT will return from the India trip with an improved contract for Tomasson?

As much as I want JDT to continue what he has started I do hope his trip to India doesn't make him unsackable like some of our previous managers 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He had zero links here.

It'll all depend on his family and whether they want to re-locate here. I think GB said that was always going to be the deciding factor for JDT after he'd done his first year here. But if his wife has taken the lease on a chippy in Whalley then the signs are promising. 

Who said this? 😂

I'm struggling to imagine how the wife of a multi-millionaire footballing legend, aspires to ask Lancastrians if they want any fish 😂

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Who said this? 😂

I'm struggling to imagine how the wife of a multi-millionaire footballing legend, aspires to ask Lancastrians if they want any fish 😂

Maybe she’s really took to the culture 😅

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Who said this? 😂

Could you imagine Mrs T asking Jon Dahl if he wants chips? He’d be having flashbacks of Hedges at Deepdale 😂

• Like 7

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Still got the potential problem of Leeds and Leicester looking for new managers, especially if relegated.

I hope that the India trip happens and he can convince Venkys to spend.

Leicester fan at work reckons Graham Potter already been sounded out.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Still got the potential problem of Leeds and Leicester looking for new managers, especially if relegated.

I hope that the India trip happens and he can convince Venkys to spend.

I thought JDT wasn’t going because he doesn’t like the heat.

Have to get used to that if he’s helping at Mrs T’s chippy 😉

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, islander200 said:

What's the bets Broughton and JDT will return from the India trip with an improved contract for Tomasson?

As much as I want JDT to continue what he has started I do hope his trip to India doesn't make him unsackable like some of our previous managers 

Doesn't strike me as the type who just wants to put his feet up drink tea and eat biscuits i reckon he'll prefer the shorter contract to keep his options open.

Yes there's the possibility of more compen but under performing managers don't get sacked here either these days so if he wanted to leave he'd have to walk. I think he'll be asking for strikers before he's asking for an extension.

Edited by tomphil

Echoing

Slot not slotted at Tot.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-arne-slot-tottenham-feyenoord-30071663?utm_source=mirror_newsletter&utm_campaign=football_newsletter2&utm_medium=email

After doing the tabloid headline writers job for them, looking more likely that Ratcliffe will be announced as preferred manU bidder tomorrow in which case Potter is more likely to be sorted.

The way PSV ditched Van Nistelrooy would suggest that is not a good place to be. 

Incidentally, before. we get carried away with Dutch giants

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sports_leagues_by_revenue

The revenue of the Eredivisie is about 8% of the Premier League and a fraction over half that of the Championship.

Edited by philipl

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

They should. Or at least agree something in in January.

This time next year, JDT will have just one year left on his contract. If he does as well next season as he did this season, he'll be even more highly sought because the upcoming season is going be tougher than I can remember for a long time. I'd rather take the risk and protect his value to the club even further than let it get down to the last 12-18 months when he could walk for a meagre amount (or even for free) thereafter.

The club has made good strides in protecting the value of its assets in the last 12 months (Brereton Diaz was a lost cause). I think we should continue on with that when it's clear that a player or staff member has done well.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Slot staying so that leaves the PSV job. Eindhoven won’t have the same emotional pull for Tomasson as Feyenoord but the risk is still there.

Poor old Spuds. No one wants to manage them. 

It’s all down to Levy. Think he’s not as canny an operator as people make out. It’s not an incredible level of nous behind his famously hardline negotiating style.

Did a good job as a business administrator and around the development of the stadium, but he cannot get transfer policy or managerial appointments right at all. Litany of failure and he’s the common denominator. They can’t progress until he’s gone.

Glad we’re indirectly benefiting from it, though!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Did a good job as a business administrator and around the development of the stadium

He actually did quite a terrible job at managing the development of the stadium.........

The ideas and the future opportunities are excellent; the actual construction and handling of that was such a disaster it is becoming one of those "how not to" lessons within the industry

• Like 1