BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Brendy Rodgers got the Celtic job. Be intresting see how he is greeted after his mid night flit to leicester

I recall a banner the Green Brigade held up the first game after he left. It said YOU TRADED IMMORTALITY FOR MEDIOCRITY. I wonder where that is now 😂😂.

• Like 2

I still can't see a sufficiently attractive club really wanting JDT yet. He just hasn't done enough. If we'd finished third or something then maybe. But we finished 7th with a huge winless run across the last two months of the season. I just can't see any big hitters (Leicester, Leeds, Eindhoven etc) looking at that and thinking "this is our guy".

I am a big fan of JDT, and can see him getting a lot of interest end of next season, but as it stands he's not proven enough for any really to go for him.

• Like 8

On 12/06/2023 at 14:25, davulsukur said:

Gerrard's off to manage in Saudi by the looks.

Removes another potential option for Leeds/Leicester.

Leicester getting one of Pep's coaches as first team manager. 

On 22/05/2023 at 17:37, JBiz said:

I’m not too fussed either way personally.

Would be a little frustrated at the “starting again” element but would be a test of this new structure, and we’ve been told there are succession lists for all areas (including players, coaches, staff etc)

Wouldn’t miss the tippy tappy goalkeeper to Centre back to goalkeeper bollox either. I’m not suggesting we’d be better off throwing JDT and his style away, but fuck, I could do without the weak as piss defending, bad organisation and laborious build up play.

@MarkBRFC

@Sweaty Gussets

@Mattyblue

Just trying to avoid derailing other threads - my thoughts haven’t changed since above post at the end of the season.

To put more “nuance” in - I have faith that we may improve again next year with more time and investment.

If we are similarly laborious, weak as piss and dropping points for fun - I expect the majority will quickly turn on the Dutch dots.

31 minutes ago, JBiz said:

@MarkBRFC

@Sweaty Gussets

@Mattyblue

Just trying to avoid derailing other threads - my thoughts haven’t changed since above post at the end of the season.

To put more “nuance” in - I have faith that we may improve again next year with more time and investment.

If we are similarly laborious, weak as piss and dropping points for fun - I expect the majority will quickly turn on the Dutch dots.

Don't get me wrong I have been frustrated at times.

But to keep that squad in the mix until the last day of the season, after being badly let down in January for me was a really good job by JDT. Far better than anything his predecessor achieved.

We have to kick on again this season though, and you are correct that for some reason the Ewood crowd will be less tolerant of him than they were of Mowbray if we were to start badly.

• Like 4