BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Tomasson is keen to further bolster his squad to cope with the physical demands of Championship football after a promising start to the campaign.

“I have spoken a lot about the transfer window already and, to be honest, I don’t know exactly what will happen,” he stated.

“It sounds crazy that a head coach doesn’t know what will happen but it is the truth, it is unclear. I have hope we can get players in, and hopefully we don’t need to get players out to get others in."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23759179.blackburn-rovers-boss-adam-wharton-transfer-links/

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Tomasson is keen to further bolster his squad to cope with the physical demands of Championship football after a promising start to the campaign.

“I have spoken a lot about the transfer window already and, to be honest, I don’t know exactly what will happen,” he stated.

“It sounds crazy that a head coach doesn’t know what will happen but it is the truth, it is unclear. I have hope we can get players in, and hopefully we don’t need to get players out to get others in."

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23759179.blackburn-rovers-boss-adam-wharton-transfer-links/

Crazy way to run a football club.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, philipl said:

I have documented the reasons why the biggest away win in the club's history is so exceptional and uniquely down to JDT's coaching.

They were the reserve side of a fourth division outfit. Great fun all round, but it means absolutely nothing either way re JDT suddenly leapfrogging two club legends in Hughes and Souness on the back of it.

You don’t half come out with some out there stuff.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You’ve come to that conclusion post thumping a fourth division club’s second XI?

I love the bloke, but he obviously can’t be seen as superior to Hughes or Souness at this stage.

If only he was backed as well as those two. Such a frustrating time to be a Rovers fan.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

They were the reserve side of a fourth division outfit. Great fun all round, but it means absolutely nothing either way re JDT suddenly leapfrogging two club legends in Hughes and Souness on the back of it.

You don’t half come out with some out there stuff.

And in 148 years, other Rovers teams have never travelled to such hapless opposition?

And we made 10 changes.

10 of our's had less than 20 appearances between them.

Apologise 

‘Apologise’? To who? 😄

It was a great win, nobody is suggesting otherwise, it’s in the history books in black and white.

However, they were a very, very poor outfit, so it obviously doesn’t mean JDT is now a superior Rovers manager to Hughes and Souness on the back of it. 

Just silly to suggest so.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23763922.blackburn-rovers-boss-hyam-change-buckley-loan-exit/

JDT sounds like he's almost at breaking point, I really hope he sticks around.

“I’ve said it many times, I think we need help with bodies,” Tomasson told RoversTV. “Our CEO also said that we need experience.

“We need goalscorers and we need numbers as well, so it is good we have got a couple of numbers in. They are young players, which I like to develop.

“Of course, we didn’t succeed with the experience which you need in a competitive league. Hopefully, we have got goals but we don’t know it yet.

“I was disappointed to (lose) Buckley, I would rather have kept him.

“But as I understand it, we needed to get players out before players could come in. We all know it is a stretched squad and John is a good player.”

The club were keen to bring in a further signing before the window slammed shut but were unsuccessful in their efforts.

“I thought when John went away on loan, we would probably get one more player in,” the boss continued.

“It didn’t happen, I don’t know the reason for that. We all know that we need players in some positions and it is a tough league.”

Dom Hyam came off at half time during the 3-0 defeat at Plymouth, with Scott Wharton playing the second half.

When asked about the change, Tomasson replied: “He was not feeling that well.

“I don’t know the reason for that, it could be because it has been a very busy week with a lot of travelling and sitting on the bus with air conditioning.”

Edited by Gav
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Has he definitely relocated his family to the area?

If so, that’s the only thing likely to keep him here a bit longer.

haha good thinking!! hopefully he has bought a house and isnt going anywhere.

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He can’t be far off can he ? He’s been led up the garden path just like the rest of us.

free transfers can still sign so perhaps he will wait a couple of weeks? wouldnt be surprised if he goes once the first sacking of the league occurs though.. or PL even?

• Like 1

I think we as fans have shown Venky's it's fine to turn the tap off and starve a good manager of reasonable resource.

The message is if you do the bare minimum we are happy, happy and grateful to still be able to watch Rovers.

The reality is a good manager won't be. I know how this ends and hopefully the rest of the fanbase does too... underachievement, wasted academy products and the manager moving on.

All we are left with is a CEO who's happy to cover it up, mid-table mediocrity, the occasional relegation and a new bus.

Without a real explanation from India through the club that they own, I think I'm done for a while.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

I think we as fans have shown Venky's it's fine to turn the tap off and starve a good manager of reasonable resource.

The message is if you do the bare minimum we are happy, happy and grateful to still be able to watch Rovers.

The reality is a good manager won't be. I know how this ends and hopefully the rest of the fanbase does too... underachievement, wasted academy products and the manager moving on.

All we are left with is a CEO who's happy to cover it up, mid-table mediocrity, the occasional relegation and a new bus.

Without a real explanation from India through the club that they own, I think I'm done for a while.

What else can we do? As fans we are fairly powerless. They've lost a huge fanbase since they took over but hasn't impacted them.

We can only get behind the team and support JDT and try and enjoy his style of football 

• Like 3