BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

11 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Norwich are “ potless  “ what does that make Rovers ?

I've explained the Norwich situation. They sold players to cover their losses. Signed a number of over 30 aged players, spent the parachute payments and problems with ownership there. 

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i fully expect the club to announce he`s leaving when the season is drawing to a close,mutual termination and all that,don`t blame him at all,why would an ambitious coach,who is obviously going on to better things,stay at a club where ambition is a filthy word,unless of course he receives proper  backing transfer wise,a highly unlikely scenario

I wouldn't rule out JDT staying here and especially if we can get a playoff place

10 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i fully expect the club to announce he`s leaving when the season is drawing to a close,mutual termination and all that,don`t blame him at all,why would an ambitious coach,who is obviously going on to better things,stay at a club where ambition is a filthy word,unless of course he receives proper  backing transfer wise,a highly unlikely scenario

Then we will be welcoming coyle mk ii.

Hello division 3.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

As with any successful professional in any walk of like, if an offer comes in from elsewhere that he feels will enhance his career, he'll be off.

This won't be too far into the future and he won't be struggling for options.

That has always been the case at the Rovers. The important decission has always been, who comes after.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

As with any successful professional in any walk of like, if an offer comes in from elsewhere that he feels will enhance his career, he'll be off.

This won't be too far into the future and he won't be struggling for options.

I think this is the reality.

Discounting the plodders in life, most people have a natural inbuilt desire to better themselves both personally and professionally.

JDT is clearly one of those and, even if we did get promoted under him, he's destined for bigger and better things than Rovers.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andy said:

I think this is the reality.

Discounting the plodders in life, most people have a natural inbuilt desire to better themselves both personally and professionally.

JDT is clearly one of those and, even if we did get promoted under him, he's destined for bigger and better things than Rovers.

I would think most sensible fans have known this from the day JDT signed.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Tomasson reveals theory behind Blackburn Rovers injury issue | Lancashire Telegraph

"I think that we have a smaller squad and the demands of the game with the extra time, you need a bigger squad," Tomasson told The Lancashire Telegraph. 

"We have not a lot of players that are used to playing a lot of games. Having that robustness and are used to the intensity.

"I think a big one is travelling and the way you travel. I am not trying to find excuses, not at all. But is is facts, that is why I have been speaking about driving to Norwich, driving back, you are tired in your body and head.

"Ryan Hedges got the injury after a long journey to Ipswich. Joe is now out after the trip to Norwich. 

"Imagine you've then played 90 minutes and you had the same journey three days before to London. We are not complaining but this is what happens when you cut the budget but it has made an impact."

"Yes, we'd have like to have flown. I remember Cardiff flew to Blackburn and then travelled to Blackpool to fly back and then flew to Huddersfield three days later.

"That is better preparation and it gives you a better chance to perform."

It's rare I disagree with Tomasson but there are aspects of this interview in which I do. They travelled to Norwich on the day before and stayed overnight. There was plenty of time for the players to recover from the journey down and relax in the hotel. Similarly they travelled to Chelsea by train the day before. They have access to masseurs in the hotel and pre match and opportunities to rest. In recent seasons Rovers have chartered planes to South Wales but the cost of this was £30k I was told. I do accept the tired line after the trip home by coach after the game. Perhaps staying down south after the Chelsea game would have been beneficial.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Tomasson reveals theory behind Blackburn Rovers injury issue | Lancashire Telegraph

"I think that we have a smaller squad and the demands of the game with the extra time, you need a bigger squad," Tomasson told The Lancashire Telegraph. 

"We have not a lot of players that are used to playing a lot of games. Having that robustness and are used to the intensity.

"I think a big one is travelling and the way you travel. I am not trying to find excuses, not at all. But is is facts, that is why I have been speaking about driving to Norwich, driving back, you are tired in your body and head.

"Ryan Hedges got the injury after a long journey to Ipswich. Joe is now out after the trip to Norwich. 

"Imagine you've then played 90 minutes and you had the same journey three days before to London. We are not complaining but this is what happens when you cut the budget but it has made an impact."

"Yes, we'd have like to have flown. I remember Cardiff flew to Blackburn and then travelled to Blackpool to fly back and then flew to Huddersfield three days later.

"That is better preparation and it gives you a better chance to perform."

Gotta agree. Regardless of how they travel they do travel and it does impact them. I think JDT is making a point about the bus and lack of investment in the squad again which is a little dig and he is using these opportunities well. He was sold a project and that was a lie. A big fat lie. Gotta love to hear this from our coach. He is doing the best he can with the poor decisions made above him and dealing with these consequences. He is just saying it as it is.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, NeilInBristol said:

which is a little dig

That isn't a little dig. That a clear criticism that the budget cuts and the 'new coach' that Waggot was bigging up are now significantly costing us by contributing to the injuries.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

Yet over on twitter the usual element are sticking the boot into him saying he moans too much. A lot of these fruitloops were the same ones on a constant sympathy trip with the duller than ditchwater Mogga,

We have some really strange fans these days that's for certain i even had one wet behind the ears expert saying it was crazy to expect championship teams to fly anywhere.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yet over on twitter the usual element are sticking the boot into him saying he moans too much. A lot of these fruitloops were the same ones on a constant sympathy trip with the duller than ditchwater Mogga,

We have some really strange fans these days that's for certain i even had one wet behind the ears expert saying it was crazy to expect championship teams to fly anywhere.

Despite JDTs interview giving an example of one that does 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

A decade going nowhere as the club slowly withers on the vine has knocked the ambition out of them, so they obviously don’t know how to react to an employee of BRFC that burns with it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

A decade going nowhere as the club slowly withers on the vine has knocked the ambition out of them, so they obviously don’t know how to react to an employee of BRFC that burns with it.

It's odd some can't seem to see the difference between an ambitious guy burning up with frustration and someone who moans for moanings sake win lose or draw.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

Hahaha. Yeh 

Also worth noting anyone and anybot can use twitter so not worth basing it on true fan opinions. Also it uses algorithms so it creates an echo chamber sometime based on BS.

I think this forum is more representative of the voice of our fans

2 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Hahaha. Yeh 

Also worth noting anyone and anybot can use twitter so not worth basing it on true fan opinions. Also it uses algorithms so it creates an echo chamber sometime based on BS.

The ones that have the capacity to form their own thoughts on things at least.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NeilInBristol said:

Hahaha. Yeh 

Must be joking! What you usually hear at Ewood is far closer to the Twitter fools than anything that is said on here. BRFCS has always been an outlier.

• Like 1

JDT has operated at an elite level throughout his career and wants to be successful.

If he thinks flying to some of these long distance away games would help him and his small squad recover and deal better with a busy fixture list then I back his judgement and think the club should too.

Winners look for these sort of marginal gains.

Unfortunately he's employed by losers and people with remits at odds with having footballing ambition, so they'd rather save the money and send out a crippled squad and derail our season / momentum.

Perhaps they could fund some of this travel from the extra cash JDT has brought the club by taking the cups seriously. His predecessor didn't but was still able to fly the team to away games even when there was nothing left to play for.

• Like 6