BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

4 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

You make them concentrate on defending and not fannying about trying to pass their way out of trouble, for a start.

I've seen Pickering play under two managers and he's been mostly terrible throughout his time here, whatever the tactics.

Hyam unfit. JRC injured. Wharton injured. Carter injured. Brittain for me has given up trying. His cross into the box which ended up in the stand was a highlight.

The defence was awful under Mowbray and they are awful now. Venkys blocking signings because they are too old won't help the cause. As was established earlier, we haven't signed a decent fullback under Venkys in over 10 years.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Another day, another loss. It is hard to tell how much is down to the manager and D of F, and how much is Maggot and the Chicken f-ckers, but the latter group need to go first. Venkys must go now, even if we have to do a Brighton and drop a division before decent people come in.

Hull seem to have managed to get rid of a detested former owner and found a new owner with ambition and drive. 

Another example proving that there are options out there for Championship clubs to get new owners and rebuild. 

The problem we have is that with relegation to League One our options narrow drastically. We need rid of them whilst still in the Championship. 

I find it difficult to put into words my hatred for these people and the imposters in the directors box who rake in good incomes from this club, whilst the hard workers like Tomasson and Broughton are the ones inevitably facing the grief for it all.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Tomasson has enough about him to keep our heads above water.

Another shit month though, and the 10 point cushion could then be 5.

But then it's too late to do much about it.

He cannot stop the other teams scoring, partly due to his insistence on tippy tappy across the back....

We have no real height in the team , goalkeepers are poor and we have no one who can put their foot in except for Travis and Tronstadt... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Another day, another loss. It is hard to tell how much is down to the manager and D of F, and how much is Maggot and the Chicken f-ckers, but the latter group need to go first. Venkys must go now, even if we have to do a Brighton and drop a division before decent people come in.

Useless individuals putting themselves first before the best needs of Rovers..it really is a worse case scenario that is killing us long term.

10 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Has Neil Warnock definitely retired?

Unless something drastic happens (eg one of our forwards starts scoring, one or two of our defenders start defending, or one of our goalkeepers stops leaking soft goals) this mon will be sacked before the end of January. 

I'd happily take him, but this is the point.

Warnock is an old school MANAGER.

There is no chance we would go for him as head coach, and no chance he would come in that capacity.

14 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

"First of all, I have to say that I am so happy we don't have to play Blackburn again this season. They are a credit to Jon. They're an outstanding, young team. I don't want to sound patronising after a win but I thought they were outstanding"

Hull's manager knows. 

When you know, you know. 

Yeah that’s manager code for the terrace chant can we play you every week. 

• Like 9

JDT is still the right man to be our head coach and any talk from fans of sacking him is totally baffling cos the same problems will stick be here. One of the lowest wage budget in the league, Owners's problems in India and lack of transfer funds. He is managing his resources the best he can but when the owners refuse to let GB and JDT bring in Batth in who woulc have given us experience at the back again. I wondering who else did they block us signing? 

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Hull seem to have managed to get rid of a detested former owner and found a new owner with ambition and drive. 

Another example proving that there are options out there for Championship clubs to get new owners and rebuild. 

The problem we have is that with relegation to League One our options narrow drastically. We need rid of them whilst still in the Championship. 

I find it difficult to put into words my hatred for these people and the imposters in the directors box who rake in good incomes from this club, whilst the hard workers like Tomasson and Broughton are the ones inevitably facing the grief for it all.

Yet again, You need a willing seller and buyer first? Are Venkys ready to sell the club and is there any buyers out there ready to buy Rovers? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yet again, You need a willing seller and buyer first? Are Venkys ready to sell the club and is there any buyers out there ready to buy Rovers? 

All questions only the scum in India can answer.

But I think to argue that there is nobody in the world with the desire or means to buy this club, given what we have witnessed elsewhere, is pushing the limits of believability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All questions only the scum in India can answer.

But I think to argue that there is nobody in the world with the desire or means to buy this club, given what we have witnessed elsewhere, is pushing the limits of believability.

Protesting over here is a bit like screaming at the sky, although it might help create and maintain some community resolve.

We would have to find a way of giving them a war at home...reputation damage in India etc...

Venky's have to go...

• Like 1

Numerous football clubs are bought and sold every year. Watford are the latest by the sounds of it.

Some will work out, some won’t. But obviously there are ‘buyers out there’, this shower just aren’t interested in selling, and of course the perennial question remains - why?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

I don't give a fuck what division we're in. I want rid.

• Like 6

Just now, Upside Down said:

I don't give a fuck what division we're in. I want rid.

I’d be pretty confident that if we went into admin and ended up in league two, with the right *LOCAL* owner we’d be back as a Championship club within 5 years, with 17K ST holders and there would be a huge feel good factor around the club. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

"First of all, I have to say that I am so happy we don't have to play Blackburn again this season. They are a credit to Jon. They're an outstanding, young team. I don't want to sound patronising after a win but I thought they were outstanding"

Hull's manager knows. 

When you know, you know. 

I only ever hear this sort of stuff when we have been beaten, which this season is a lot.

• Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

I’d be pretty confident that if we went into admin and ended up in league two, with the right *LOCAL* owner we’d be back as a Championship club within 5 years, with 17K ST holders and there would be a huge feel good factor around the club. 

It's 2023. The Premier League has been going for over 30 years and there are only 7 teams that have won it. Blackburn Rovers is one of them. 

Someone will buy this club and I genuinely believe it wouldn't take much to get us back where we should be. 

• Like 3

We only had 12k ST holders in this league when we got promoted in 2000/2001, only five years after being Champions of England, indeed we’ve never had more than 20k ST holders even when riding high in the Premier League. Very different situation than trying to rebuild after 20 years in the doldrums and thousands upon thousands of long lost fans which it will be by the time this lot feck off.

The club can and will recover, but let’s be realistic to where a Venky free, but second division, BRFC would actually be.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

It's 2023. The Premier League has been going for over 30 years and there are only 7 teams that have won it. Blackburn Rovers is one of them. 

Someone will buy this club and I genuinely believe it wouldn't take much to get us back where we should be. 

I agree that we could find a buyer. My head says who in their right mind would buy rovers especially if the debt is included but my heart says someone would be wooed by the history and the fact still a top 2 division side.

Not particularly on here, although they will exist, people I know used to say we can’t get rid of Mowbray because we won’t get any better. Totally adamant about that. Unanimously they agree jdt is better having surpassed moggadon in all 3 competitions and isn’t an insufferable company yes man. These same people are now totally adamant that we wouldn’t be able to sell rovers as who would buy. Let’s see. The Venkys and rovers is a disastrous match for everybody - them, the club, the fans. Just try and sell  

In terms of getting promoted. I think it would take a monumental effort. It would need a virtual overhaul of the entire squad with ffp restrictions it’s a tall order. More importantly an entire resetting of the mindset of the majority of fanbase who are brainwashed into thinking little old Blackburn Rovers should be happy bumbling along in the championship/league one occasionally. Frankly I’m including some who have actually seen us lift the premier league trophy. 

38 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Numerous football clubs are bought and sold every year. Watford are the latest by the sounds of it.

Some will work out, some won’t. But obviously there are ‘buyers out there’, this shower just aren’t interested in selling, and of course the perennial question remains - why?

That is what I cannot get my head round , bad owners don't hang around for 13years , in which time they have dismantled a well run premier league football club to the laughing stock it is today . WHY are they still in situ ??

There is a reason and it is not for the Love of Blackburn Rovers !!

• Like 1