BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

If he goes it'll be a shitter. The first person through the door in venkys time with an ounce of ambition, decency and talent and probably the last for some time. I'm only 31 and I feel like I've already given up hope of ever seeing Rovers back in the Premier League.

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Has Broughton given an appraisal of the transfer window or has that not happened either.

Surely even he wouldn't be shameless enough to try and pass that off as a success.

I would imagine he is busy trying to find another manager! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Quite possibly, (and please don’t shoot the messenger 🙂), but Coyle knew the Man United cup tie was his last game, so there is a precedent.

Something definitely isn’t right.

For sure.

I wasn't having a go at you btw, just my weird humour breaking loose.

However I just cannot see JDT signing a NDA and then slinking off in silence late afternoon tomorrow.

He should at least make sure the cheque clears 😂

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, martonrover said:

He isn’t manager he’s been relieved of his duties along with his assistant following tomm game. JDT agreed to take the team for the game and signed a none disclosure agreement to keep quiet about the financial issues at Rovers.

Posted by someone on twitter. 

Who the fook would show up for “one more game”. Coyle I guess but F me. If someone told me such shite I’d bigger off right then and there. 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gregs list will include

who has`nt managed for years

who is currently out of work

who is cheap

who has managed in division one

who won`t start chatting to the press

In fairness I'd say Greggs list starts off with some degree of ambition, and gets chipped away to the above 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

No. The club have decided not to hold a managerial press conference for the QPR game. He will return to media duties after the game.

So by not holding the press conference they have stopped him from talking to the press.

Not quite a gagging but they've still removed the platform from which he can speak.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

gregs list will include

who has`nt managed for years

who is currently out of work

who is cheap

who has managed in division one

who won`t start chatting to the press

Yep was going to say similar

Who has worked under Waggott at any point

Been out of the game for years, therefore cheap

Is desperate, therefore will conform to the party line.

Bit like Mowbray when we appointed him albeit Waggott arrived shortly after.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

tbf fair to mowbray he was ok for the first 2 seasons before he started being a pension topper upper

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Steven Pressley

Edited by Hasta

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

IMG_1522.jpeg

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm 4 decades older.

I've seen Rovers through good and bad times pre this shower.

Beating Spurs 7-2 at Ewood, winning a Cup at old Wembley, watching on TV as we took the PL, playoffs ( I was at Palace!) and promotions. Ewood with low gates like everyone in the 70s and 80s.

Hard times and good but nothing near the shambles of now.

We used to have decent people running us, that you could trust to do the best they could on whatever our resources were.

I hope that the young fans of today get to see similar.

I have vague memories of the 90s but my core Rovers memories are the tail end of Souness and into Mark Hughes. I can remember when we were a well run club with some cracking players. I'd say anyone under the age of 20 will only properly  remember the venky era which is a sad thought. 

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Quite possibly, (and please don’t shoot the messenger 🙂), but Coyle knew the Man United cup tie was his last game, so there is a precedent.

Something definitely isn’t right.

It MAY be something in-between I.e. he's not happy at all about the happenings during the window but isn't prepared to walk out at this point and the Club did stop him from holding a press conference because they didn't want him sounding off again. He was pretty forthright with his comments after the Wrexham game as it was and that was before the Mcguire debacle.

I hope it doesn't happen but if it was me I'd have my team of advisors negotiating an exit by mutual consent

• Like 2

Could you imagine taking pride in your work and reputation while working for these owners?  The only way you could say is if you just saw this as a job to pay the bills. The stench of the owners decisions would taint your reputation for years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TommyRovers said:

I don't know. He lead training as usual. Club have decided against holding a pre match press conference. 

It might be an absolute storm in a teacup, but what is the motive behind that? Its very poor PR after such a supposed wonderful window , the club in no way comes out of such a headline well and I don't expect Elliott Jackson to have the inside track, so it's all very weird he'd put such a headline that could back fire so easily on him and his access to the club 😕

Tbh, I know he's had injuries this season but he hasn't got the best out of them. His substitutions have always been poor and his game management from winning positions are even worse. 

As much as I like the guy I think he's getting a lot of leniency because of his character and ambition but the goals against column doesn't lie and I don't think we've got a bad defence. 

At this point it's starting to seem like it's him doing us a favour and he doesn't want the opportunity any more then he should leave and allow someone to come in  who wants it. 

I'm coming at this purely as an assessment of his performance this season. Don't get me wrong, I think he could likely move on to bigger and better things and whilst we are under Venkys we'll continue on downwards trajectory.

That aside it's still possible for a manager to come in and easily sort out our defensive issues and move us up the table. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Bronzed A Donis said:

It might be an absolute storm in a teacup, but what is the motive behind that? Its very poor PR after such a supposed wonderful window , the club in no way comes out of such a headline well and I don't expect Elliott Jackson to have the inside track, so it's all very weird he'd put such a headline that could back fire so easily on him and his access to the club 😕

The LT are normally terrified of upsetting the Club as well so if young Elliott has got it completely  wrong and there was a relatively innocent explanation ie. JDT asked not to give a press conference because he wanted to work with the new players, he'll be getting his botty smacked big time.

• Like 1