BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

52 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Watching JDTs pre match interview, he sublimily gives the players a get out card due to age and inexperience.....can't get back in games, leadership not there.

I feel he needs to show more intensity and focus as a manager so it filters into the players....

He clearly doesn't care about results and it's showing. 

• Like 2

On 09/04/2023 at 12:50, Hasta said:

You’ve spent 48 hours saying the same line. We could play Brereton. We could play Leonard.  We don’t know if Brereton up top would actually try and carry more threat. We don’t know if Leonard might actually have enough movement to nick a goal. We do know that Gally is toothless, and carried no threat in both games, but we keep playing him regardless.

How he survived the whole 90 minutes of Norwich and Birmingham when he is occupying the main forward point I’ll never know. I mean even Dolan might not be ideal there, but at some point in the last two games when it’s not working you’d try him

As part of the wider picture I agree, GB’s January disaster has screwed us over a lot.  But the players can keep performing substandard and keep their place regardless, especially Gallagher and Morton. The manager is complacent in that.

I know all of those things, we'd still be equally shit upfront with the odd good game. Rovers are like a Hydra in terms of scoring goals, cut off one head and replace with another head of equal or worse value. Waggot allowing Mowbray free reign to create a team with an inability to score goals shouldn't be ignored. But then not addressing that in the last two transfer windows is criminal. But that's what you get with a ropey ex-agent chancer as CEO, he couldn't care less.

Back to JDT, I said this a while ago but why the club brought in a manager who wants to play a certain way, then can't even muster a striker in two transfer windows is yet another decision that makes no sense. They'll have had this planned beforehand so knew they couldn't back him with signings. All they did over the last two windows was the bare minimum, replace players that had left. You can't do that if you're genuinely chasing promotion.

• Like 1

3:10pm post Huddersfield 

JDT on timewasting: “I think it’s more important that supporters are paying money for this so I think it’s a huge problem in English football.

“It wasn’t like 10 years ago when everyone wanted to play football, it wasn’t laying on the ground for 10 years and all those things.

“Play football, fans are paying money for it."

Got to admit this is pleasing to hear however we would all agree FAcup semi Vs Sheff we should have employed our own game management/timewasting tactics instead of losing...

• Backroom

The referees at the WC showed how it needs to be done. Add on as much time as is needed, even if on the surface it looks ridiculous. As for why referees here don't do that... I'm sure it all circles back to where the money trail leads.

• Like 8

Why Tomasson is confident of 'bright future' for Blackburn Rovers | Lancashire Telegraph

"I’m enjoying it. The league is great and shows that if you try and do things differently then you have a chance which we are, different to a lot of teams.That’s extremely positive and gives me confidence for the future, a bright future for Rovers.Especially if you look at the development over the last period, which is important for a coach that you can see that development because that was always the plan, but you want to see what you’ve been working so hard on in training on the pitch at the weekend and we’re seeing that. I’m enjoying every minute.”

Good to hear JDT is happy and enjoying his time at Rovers. Tonight will be his 50th game in charge - 24 wins from his 49 games in charge so far, with seven draws and 18 defeats. 

Mowbray started with 24 wins, nine draws and 17 defeats from his first 50 games, but most of those were in League 1. Mowbray started well so just goes to show how well JDT has started in mostly a higher division. 

I was reading a Hudds forum after the Rovers game. This post stood out. Shows the effect JDT has had on the 1st team in such a short space of time. 

image.thumb.png.b4ab3407b0817b065b6d6538d70be62d.png

• Like 7

Inconsistency is the issue, you never know what kind of performance we will put in. Be that intensity, the press or individual displays. 

But at the end of the day it’s what you have to expect with a lot of young lads and the generally middling second tier footballers that our budget allows us to bring in.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Inconsistency is the issue, you never know what kind of performance we will put in. Be that intensity, the press or individual displays. 

But at the end of the day it’s what you have to expect with a lot of young lads and the generally middling second tier footballers that our budget allows us to bring in.

A bit churlish and dismissive of the work JDT has done in such a short space of time. 

Not at all. Complete opposite of my point. You may have noticed I’m a fully signed up JDT fanboy.

He’s done fantastically well considering he has to work with a lot of young lads and a bottom half wage bill. So ergo you will have inconsistent performances.

Whereas those down the road , with no budget worries, can bring in footballers that can hit the ground running at this level.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He's just a more upbeat Mowbray 

He's not as bad as Mowbray. A lot of his problems are enforced whereas Mowbray brought them on himself. He does let himself down sometimes though. He dropped Morton and Brereton was out, we played better, then he brings both back.

I'd be interested to know if the Morton deal has an appearance clause.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, booth said:

He's not as bad as Mowbray. A lot of his problems are enforced whereas Mowbray brought them on himself. He does let himself down sometimes though. He dropped Morton and Brereton was out, we played better, then he brings both back.

I'd be interested to know if the Morton deal has an appearance clause.

Chaddy says no so that's the answer to that.

• Like 1

We'll never know for sure but had Broughton delivered on what Tomasson wanted in January then I really think we would have been comfortable. Instead we are toothless with our two main strikers hardly scoring. I really feel Tomasson has just cause to feel absolutely let down by Broughton and his poor January recruitment.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We'll never know for sure but had Broughton delivered on what Tomasson wanted in January then I really think we would have been comfortable. Instead we are toothless with our two main strikers hardly scoring. I really feel Tomasson has just cause to feel absolutely let down by Broughton and his poor January recruitment.

If they had moved quicker in the summer as well, they would have got Anel A. As it is, he is one of the key reasons for Sheffield United going up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

He's just a more upbeat Mowbray 

Nothing like Mowbray at all. 

24 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

You need owners , who have ambition and desire , plus a manager who can deliver it , we have neither ...

We have the structure in place who have ambition and desire plus a head coach in JDT who will deliver it. JDT coaching of the players is there to see and the way brought through more and more academy players is great to see. I'm pleased we have JDT as head coach here

• Backroom

Been like that for as long as I can remember, even pre-Venky's going back to the Souness days. It's the same across pretty much every club, too, and across multiple fandoms - so I think it's just a psychological thing for certain people to want to get on their high horse and belittle others. I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons as to why that behaviour develops in individuals, but it just seems now more than ever people crave these dividing lines, even within groups that are supposed to be united. 

• Moderation Lead

I suspect more will be positive when the team show some positive attacking intent and not this mindless possession for possession’s sake. It’s a turgid watch at the minute.

• Like 2