BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

It is vital important that we keep JDT here. He has improved this team and club massively this season. Yes we have had some poor results but we have been in the top 6/playoff place all season which majority of fans didn't expect this season. 

Rovers must bring in the quality signings JDT wants even if it on free and loan markets 

• Like 9

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

How do you ‘cut back’ from not signing anyone to start with?

From memory there were quotes in the LT from the club about us shopping in the frees and loan market this summer, whereas last season we at least had some budget for the likes of Hyam and Szmodics, so I'd assume it's related to that. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It is vital important that we keep JDT here. He has improved this team and club massively this season. Yes we have had some poor results but we have been in the top 6/playoff place all season which majority of fans didn't expect this season. 

Rovers must bring in the quality signings JDT wants even if it on free and loan markets 

Do you have confidence in GB that it can be done?

I'm not a huge jdt fan but he's the best manager we've had under venkys but if he walks out in the summer there needs to be a full on protest. I know it won't happen because a lot of fans have no backbone.  This will be the last straw for me

• Like 3

We are on course to sell around 6,000 STs, we had nearly 20,000 when they arrived. 

That would be more than enough to get alarm bells ringing at any other club without the need of some scrawled message on a bedsheet…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

• Backroom

The january fiasco and comments that followed from JDT made me think there was a high likelihood he would look for other options this summer. Us crashing out of the playoff places, primarily because of our recruitment team's inability to do the basics, only seems to make that more likely. If JDT has been told there's no budget in the summer, and he's got to rely on that same recruitment team to bring in the players he needs from the free/loan market... well, it shouldn't be a surprise to anybody if he isn't here at the start of next season. That's why I can't sit back and calmly comment about this being a transitional season and not a big deal if we don't make the playoffs. Every season matters, and there's zero guarantee we'll be anywhere near as competitive next season for a multitude of reasons. 

• Like 9

Lets not forget his previous club management experience is at somewhere that had maybe the biggest or near as budget in their league.

Things here might seem similar with owners putting in c10/15 million a season but this environment is way more competitive.  Also he'll now have realised that money doesn't touch the sides there is precious little for actual team investment.

We are though back again to the horrendous running of the club and by summer at least 20 million of players left for zero return.  Nothing to go in future budgets and all had/have to be replaced.

Horrific stuff how do we ever really kick on with that kind of nonsense holding us back.

7 hours ago, DE. said:

From memory there were quotes in the LT from the club about us shopping in the loans and free market this summer, whereas last season we at least had some budget for the likes of Hyam and Szmodics, so I'd assume it's related to that. 

If that is to be the case....pack your bags and sell the Club you Venky morons!😠

• Like 4

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Massively is a stretch, he will improve on last seasons total by a maximum of 2 points, but we definitely want to keep him. Question is, how do we convince him with more budget cuts? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Massively is a stretch, he will improve on last seasons total by a maximum of 2 points, but we definitely want to keep him. Question is, how do we convince him with more budget cuts? 

each to their opinions but I stand by my comment. 

Lets wait to see what the budget is as this might change if Raya is sold as we have sell on clause or Wharton or Kaminski is sold for a fee. We can still sign quality players even on free transfer and loan market

• Like 1

So we need to sell an 18 year old (for bugger all in the grand scheme of things compared to what we’d get in a year/two years time) in order to bring in anyone that isn’t a loan or a free transfer?

Roll up, roll up for those season tickets!

• Like 1