BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Most worrying thing for me is we've seen that approach in nearly every away game and 9 times now we've heard exactly the same post match comments. 

Bad decisions on the ball. project, inconsistent, young players, lacked intensity - not tactical ( not my fault gov)

NINE times the same old schtick after the same old performances, away from home IT IS NOT WORKING Jon !!!!!

We are 3rd in the league largely because of home results and ironically the few times we've gone away and started on the front foot we've won. So yes partly at least it IS tactical and ;lack of coming from behind to even eek out a few draws often after giving goals away being caught out at the back is the work of bottle jobs.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

I think that's a pretty spot on assessment. There's some who arent happy unless they're moaning and have written JDT after the first defeat. However he's done a good job and we're exceeding expectations but yesterday was bad, bizzare selection, continuing to play out from the back when it had screwed us a couple of times already and just a lackluster performance. 

It’s not just one bad performance in isolation though is it ? If it was it wouldn’t be so bad. The last home game against Huddersfield was every bit as bad but we won because they couldn’t finish. We played the last 30 minutes of the game in our last third of the pitch against the bottom of the league at home when we were winning 1-0. I called it out as complete dog shite and got criticised for it.

If it’s crap I’ll say so. I don’t go in for this “ Kings new clothes “ malarkey

• Like 4

On 04/11/2022 at 18:13, Upside Down said:

The club has made absolutely no attempt at promotion in twelve years. To now suddenly pretend they are putting the acid on the new manager to achieve this in one season is a total fantasy. To believe that fantasy requires unadulterated levels of naivety. 

This..

Venky's!

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s not just one bad performance in isolation though is it ? If it was it wouldn’t be so bad. The last home game against Huddersfield was every bit as bad but we won because they couldn’t finish. We played the last 30 minutes of the game in our last third of the pitch against the bottom of the league at home when we were winning 1-0. I called it out as complete dog shite and got criticised for it.

Exactly..

Others keep talking about 3rd in the table ermine, robes  and jewellery, but all I can see is a fat belly, varicose veins and a wrinkled, Danish scrotum!

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Huddersfield didn't create any chances to finish.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Huddersfield didn't create any chances to finish.

I wouldn’t say that. They were all over us like a rash in that last 30 minutes. I said after the game that if we play like that against the dingles we’ll be hiding behind the sofa. So we did, and we were. If you’re going to try the ” Rope a Dope “ game plan it’s important that you’re actually playing a dope.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just out of interest - who saw that team coming this morning ? How many of us had that 11 down as our starting line up ?

Not me for one.

How can anyone predict the team when we don't know the full story on injuries, players fitness and etc. 

JDT will watch the game again and see where he went wrong but the players also need to watch it back and work out when we need to play out from the back and not. That's player's decision. 

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Rightfully Tomasson should be in the office first thing on Monday to receive a sever bollocking from the CEO.

That's what would happen at any club or business where people give a fuck. I would be amazed if I heard anything of the sort happening at Rovers. 

Wrong, Rovers should be praising JDT for having us 3rd in the league and ahead of where we all thought we would be. It's one game of football (yes massive game cos of the local rivalry but it's one game) and I would take promotion back to PL and losing twice to them then beating them and not promote. 

JDT will watch the game and see where he and the players went wrong but that's it. JDT and his staff need to get the players on the coaching field and coaching/improving their understanding or what JDT wants from the players and tactical set up. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The manager chose to select Clinton Mola over Scott Wharton. The manager chose to select Callum Brittain on the wrong side. The manager chose to select Ryan Hedges as a wing back. The manager chose to select Jake Garrett over Adam Wharton/Bradley Dack/Harry Pickering. The manager chose to bring on Jack Vale for Sam Gallagher.

How about some bloody accountability, just as he gets rightfully praised when we win for decisions made, he fucked up yesterday.

wasn't Adam Wharton injured? 

Dack can't play in centre midfield. 

Who else would you have brought on in place of Gallagher then? 

I agreed on the Brittain, Hedges, Scott Wharton points. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dack can't play in centre midfield. 

I agreed on the Brittain, Hedges, Scott Wharton points. 

Not that I am aware of, may be wrong?

He could have played as a number 10 had we gone for the 5 at the back, or Hedges could have played there.

With the Gallagher situation, it says a lot that our number 1 striking target can't get off the bench, a failure in recruitment.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t say that. They were all over us like a rash in that last 30 minutes. I said after the game that if we play like that against the dingles we’ll be hiding behind the sofa. So we did, and we were. If you’re going to try the ” Rope a Dope “ game plan it’s important that you’re actually playing a dope.

They had an xG of .34 for the game, so I would say that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT will watch the game again and see where he went wrong but the players also need to watch it back and work out when we need to play out from the back and not. That's player's decision. 

Why not be honest for once and admit the bleeding obvious - that Tomasson got it massively wrong yesterday from the moment he picked the team to moments after the final whistle with his nonsensical post-match statements

It's not a binary choice to acknowledge we're in a good position in the league and the fact that the manager continues to make basic mistakes with his pig-headed tactical approach and his strange Mowbray-esque team selections 

In other words, you can support the team and the club and still criticise it and the manager at the same time

Go on - you can do it

• Like 5

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Not that I am aware of, may be wrong?

He could have played as a number 10 had we gone for the 5 at the back, or Hedges could have played there.

With the Gallagher situation, it says a lot that our number 1 striking target can't get off the bench, a failure in recruitment.

Adam Wharton absolutely not injured.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

How can anyone predict the team when we don't know the full story on injuries, players fitness and etc. 

Wrong, Rovers should be praising JDT for having us 3rd in the league and ahead of where we all thought we would be. It's one game of football (yes massive game cos of the local rivalry but it's one game) and I would take promotion back to PL and losing twice to them then beating them and not promote. 

JDT will watch the game and see where he and the players went wrong but that's it. JDT and his staff need to get the players on the coaching field and coaching/improving their understanding or what JDT wants from the players and tactical set up. 

Once again, embarrassing chaddy.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’ve got my doubts and nothing today has made me think again. He’s not getting the best out of what we’ve got so far.

I don’t think he’s trying to. I think half of yesterdays team will be gone in Summer, which he’ll justify by saying they can’t play the way he’s going to keep us playing. I can think of no definition of the word “project” that involves trying to get the best out of Mowbray’s misfits.

7 hours ago, davulsukur said:

JDT previously suggested that this break will provide a good chance to improve on things, and that we should resemble more of the team that he is trying to build once we get back. 

Based on how we are going into the break, it feels like there is an awful lot to be done.

He also said he and the players understood the importance of the Derby, and I saw no signs of that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The striker we should have signed last Summer, last January, this Summer but Mowbray then Broughton thought we'd be fine. Tomasson isn't the only villain.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely he did that after Luton, Wigan and Coventry. And yet it was rinse and repeat yesterday.  They will sit down, watch it but I now fully believe it will be the same again next time a team presses us high up the pitch. That's the frustration. Its not just an isolated game or a bad day at the office. It happens way too often and there is no signs of it being corrected. 

Your reply will be "well they now have several weeks to work on it". But I absolutely guarantee it will happen again in one of the next two away games. Any manager with any adaptability would have said at half time yesterday to start clearing your lines quicker and picking up the second ball. I'm still stunned as to his decision to carry on as we were, even at 2-0 down.

• Like 1