BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Look like any of 5 teams will go down. 

Palace, Wolves and Bournemouth are safe now imo. 

Between Leeds, Southampton, Everton, Forest and Leicester. 

I hope Forest go down for sure. Cooper's comments annoyed me about the O'Brien transfer failure

What did he say?

Rovers were one hundred percent at fault for that entire debacle. 

It appears that Arsenal are bottling it in their quest for the Premier League title. In successive games they have been two up and ended drawing both squandering four points in the process. They go to the Etihad on April 26th which could effectively be a title decider.

Look like Forest are going down judging on today's performance 

it wouldn't surprised if Forest sack Cooper before their next game either. Its seems a mess with Forest onto their next Director of football/head of football operations for the 3rd time this season

Edited by chaddyrovers

I look at the teams at risk of going down, and I really, really want to get out of this league this year. If say, Everton were to go down, for me that's one of the promotion spots gone right away, their resources are too strong for this league regardless how they're playing currently in a better league. Most of the others have been established up there for a long time too. Could be a tough ole' year.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What did he say?

Rovers were one hundred percent at fault for that entire debacle. 

Asked who had let O’Brien down, Cooper added: “It wasn’t us, that’s for sure. Even though we've ended up with the problem it wasn’t us. It won’t take a genius to work out what’s happened. I hope some questions are getting asked over there, in Lancashire."

plus quite a bit more and he's not wrong.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I look at the teams at risk of going down, and I really, really want to get out of this league this year. If say, Everton were to go down, for me that's one of the promotion spots gone right away, their resources are too strong for this league regardless how they're playing currently in a better league. Most of the others have been established up there for a long time too. Could be a tough ole' year.

Also if Leicester come down I expect them to be a force again. Their owners business cashflow on the way back quickly post COVID.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Everton would have massive turnover in players for sure plus what the owner do. Stick or sell the club. Forest will have massive turnover in players. 

Southampton not sure tbh. Expect most would stay. 

Leicester and Leeds don't know to be honest

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Everton would have massive turnover in players for sure plus what the owner do. Stick or sell the club. Forest will have massive turnover in players. 

Southampton not sure tbh. Expect most would stay. 

Leicester and Leeds don't know to be honest

Burnley had massive turnover of players too. Didn't turn out too badly for them.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Burnley had massive turnover of players too. Didn't turn out too badly for them.

Burnley were a damn site more solvent than Everton. I would fear/hope that they could do a Sunderland and drop again.

Edited by Blow-in

I’m really teed off at Bournemouth’s revival. Nothing southern clubs like them and Brentford do not belong in the PL. There’s also too many London clubs in the PL

Southampton and Leicester are down IMO. I thought Leicester were very poor when we beat them and they were around mid table at the time. The appointment of Dean Smith shows they’ve given up

Forest look the most vulnerable for the last place. I’d rather they stayed up than the likes of West Ham etc but Cooper looks out of his depth at this level. 

Edited by jim mk2

16 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Yes they did but they didn't Everton's debt, new stadium, massive wage bill and spend over 600 million on transfers fees over a number of years. 

It could be like Burnley or it could like Sunderland season when they went down to League 1. 

One thing, Everton's situation is a complete mess from the top to bottom there

18 hours ago, Blow-in said:

Leicester, Forrest and Everton all look terrible.

Fingers crossed its Everton.

I think it's 3 from 6; Leeds, Everton, Forest, Leicester, Southampton, and maybe Bournemouth. West Ham and Wolves should be out of it. 

I can see Everton staying up. Dyche will grind out a couple of wins. 

These 3 games will go a long way in figuring out who drops.

25 Apr - Leeds v. Leicester

1 May - Everton v. Leicester

8 May - Forest v. Southampton

Bournemouth can make it easy on themselves as their next 3 are against West Ham, Leeds, then Southampton. There is potential for a nail biter on the last day though if their form slides as they play Everton away.

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they did but they didn't Everton's debt, new stadium, massive wage bill and spend over 600 million on transfers fees over a number of years. 

It could be like Burnley or it could like Sunderland season when they went down to League 1. 

One thing, Everton's situation is a complete mess from the top to bottom there

I'm sure Everton have valuable players they can sell to fund some purchasing. I doubt the owners would refuse to sanction any spending and only sales, because the bounty on offer for returning to the Prem is enormous. If they stay in this league they'll only lose even more money. I'm not that familiar with their financial or ownership situation though. But they'll have enough value in playing assets I'm sure they could afford to sell several, hugely reduce their wage bill, and still have money to buy quality players for this level. I think a Burnley situation is much more likely than a Sunderland one. They're a bigger club than either. This would be the first time they haven't been in the Prem. Whatever anyone says, I'll be afraid of them if they come down until shown otherwise.

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm sure Everton have valuable players they can sell to fund some purchasing. I doubt the owners would refuse to sanction any spending and only sales, because the bounty on offer for returning to the Prem is enormous. If they stay in this league they'll only lose even more money. I'm not that familiar with their financial or ownership situation though. But they'll have enough value in playing assets I'm sure they could afford to sell several, hugely reduce their wage bill, and still have money to buy quality players for this level. I think a Burnley situation is much more likely than a Sunderland one. They're a bigger club than either. This would be the first time they haven't been in the Prem. Whatever anyone says, I'll be afraid of them if they come down until shown otherwise.

Yes they could sell players but you aren't going to get the transfer fees back for most. Most would be sold for loss plus it would b massive turnover there plus other issues. 

the owner has caused this problem there by no clear and coherent transfer and recruitment plan there during his time. 

39 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

If you look at the Grand Old team forum their fans are not optimistic about what sort of money they could recoup on sales. Pickford would go for a fair few quid but they are saddled with a large number of under achieving players and the big question is whether there are clauses in their contracts that reduce their wages if they are relegated.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Onana would get them some good money, Belgian international midfielder linked with Chelsea mid-season. Calvert-Lewin may even allowing for his injuries.

Yes Onana would get a some good money but he cost 30 million so they would get the money back. Pickford and maybe Calvert-Lewin but far too injured prone to bring in any sort of decent fee. They have overpaid for a vast amount of players since their takeover happened. 

What they would have in the championship is good squad with some experience players like Keane, Tarkwoski and Gray with young talent players like Garner, McNeil and Simms. 

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes Onana would get a some good money but he cost 30 million so they would get the money back. Pickford and maybe Calvert-Lewin but far too injured prone to bring in any sort of decent fee. They have overpaid for a vast amount of players since their takeover happened. 

What they would have in the championship is good squad with some experience players like Keane, Tarkwoski and Gray with young talent players like Garner, McNeil and Simms. 

Theyll also likely have to pay Dele Alli off as Lampard for some reason decided to sign him against all logic.

Tom Cannon would presumably come back into the thinking.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Theyll also likely have to pay Dele Alli off as Lampard for some reason decided to sign him against all logic.

Dele Ali's career has gone off the boil since Mourinho dropped him at Spurs and never been the same. What a waste of talent and he should be by now one of the best footballers in the world. Lampard tried to get back to his best but sadly not worked. It was a risk and not worked out there. 

Dele Alli's rise and fall from the next big thing in English football to hippy crack shame | Daily Mail Online

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Tom Cannon would presumably come back into the thinking.

Good point