BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blackburn Rovers warned of financial impact amid growing streaming debate by Football finance expert Kieran Maguire 

Blackburn Rovers warned of financial impact amid growing streaming debate (msn.com)

Not sure why he points out Blackburn specifically. We would suffer exactly as you would, indeed plenty of others too. Also for a ‘football finance expert’ he appears t have little grasp of how much it actually costs to go to a match. 

I can see both sides to this debate but the reality is with PL clubs being all but exclusively foreign owned they will push this and a fair number in the Championship as well with PL aspirations. With that in mind it’s about making it work because stopping it seems unlikely. My instinct tells me PL2 will be here very soon in tandem with the end to the blackout. If that does happen our football landscape will change forever and probably not for the better.

That’s a story lifted from a Rovers piece on LancsLive, so that’s why it has that angle.

As for KM, he has a season ticket at Brighton and goes to a fair few away games too, so I’m not sure that’s a fair accusation…

Edited by Mattyblue

7 hours ago, longsiders1882 said:

Not sure why he points out Blackburn specifically. We would suffer exactly as you would, indeed plenty of others too. Also for a ‘football finance expert’ he appears t have little grasp of how much it actually costs to go to a match. 

I can see both sides to this debate but the reality is with PL clubs being all but exclusively foreign owned they will push this and a fair number in the Championship as well with PL aspirations. With that in mind it’s about making it work because stopping it seems unlikely. My instinct tells me PL2 will be here very soon in tandem with the end to the blackout. If that does happen our football landscape will change forever and probably not for the better.

The EFL does it own TV deal and it has put streaming 3pm kick offs on the table whilst the PL to the best of my knowledge hasn't done this. 

Why the EFL has done this I don't get? They seem to think they can better TV deal by doing this but I don't see it. The EFL should be looking at capping prices for fans at each level to attract more fans to stadium and live football 

The EFL are seeing dollar signs. They’ll have looked at tickets sold for ifollow/red button night games and thought that people are still buying. Which they are, but there are far less actual bums on seats for those games, as many ST holders give them a swerve (but still buy a ST as it’s only 4/5 games out of 23, still worth their while).

But put every game on and just watch how many ST holders keep their cash in their pockets and stop bothering completely.

• Backroom

I was living in blissful ignorance and didn’t notice just how far the top two are ahead of the pack

Sad to say that the two automatic places look nearly sealed already - even sadder given it’s them lot going back up at a canter 

32 minutes ago, Tom said:

I was living in blissful ignorance and didn’t notice just how far the top two are ahead of the pack

Sad to say that the two automatic places look nearly sealed already - even sadder given it’s them lot going back up at a canter 

Give over - we are only 8 points ahead of you with half a season to play - and as I’ve heard endlessly on here, we are no Fulham or Bournemouth. Also there is a transfer window coming up that could well change everything.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

sheff utd far and away the best side in the division,jdt should be watching them and gradually purchasing the required players,unfortunately he appears to be 100% polar opposite,fanny football and slow build up with no regard for set pieces

We should sign players that fit how JDT wants to play and fit how squad. We shouldn't copying other teams. 

12 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

Far and away? Level on points having played a game more? If that makes them far and away better than Burnley them and us must be light years ahead of the rest of the division 🤷‍♂️

well they splattered you lot all over the park and you are miles better than the rest of the division😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

well they splattered you lot all over the park

You cling to that if you want - we will put that right in the return fixture however the odds at the moment have us and them at around a 75% chance of promotion, I’d bite your hand off today for second as the league has a long way to run yet.

1 minute ago, longsiders1882 said:

You cling to that if you want - we will put that right in the return fixture however the odds at the moment have us and them at around a 75% chance of promotion, I’d bite your hand off today for second as the league has a long way to run yet.

they beat you easily,gave jdt a superb blueprint of how to play against burnley so what does he do,ignores all that,puts a raw 17 yr old in midfield and a stand in left back(who has`nt played for 6 months and is **** as well) and plays right into your strengths,with a manager like that it`s pretty clear we won`t be going anywhere this season,unless you lot have a mass of injuries or a huge loss of form it`s clear you and sheff utd will be going up

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

they beat you easily,gave jdt a superb blueprint of how to play against burnley so what does he do,ignores all that,puts a raw 17 yr old in midfield and a stand in left back(who has`nt played for 6 months and is **** as well) and plays right into your strengths,with a manager like that it`s pretty clear we won`t be going anywhere this season,unless you lot have a mass of injuries or a huge loss of form it`s clear you and sheff utd will be going up

They beat a tired Burnley - then lost to Rotherham. Like I say, we will look tk out that right in the return fixture but single games between teams don’t decide the league, performances over 46 games do - and we still have 23 of them to play. I don’t accept for one second it’s us and them up with half a season to play.

Out next goal is to best Birmingham, who gave us a tough game at St Andrews. One game at a time.

3 minutes ago, longsiders1882 said:

They beat a tired Burnley - then lost to Rotherham. Like I say, we will look tk out that right in the return fixture but single games between teams don’t decide the league, performances over 46 games do - and we still have 23 of them to play. I don’t accept for one second it’s us and them up with half a season to play.

Out next goal is to best Birmingham, who gave us a tough game at St Andrews. One game at a time.

There’ll be a team that puts a late run together that will shoot them up the league into a play off position. Could be WBA this time.

54 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Dean Smith's sacking imminent apparently. 

They've approached S Gerrard.

Team  seeking promotion in 5th see its not working with Manager so decide to cut losses and try something different,They can probably see how average this league is so instead of sticking they twist though i cant see Norwich being big enough team for Gerrard to go to.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Team  seeking promotion in 5th see its not working with Manager so decide to cut losses and try something different,They can probably see how average this league is so instead of sticking they twist though i cant see Norwich being big enough team for Gerrard to go to.

Journos saying he approached them