BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

18 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Every team in the play off hunt seems to have fairly easy fixtures both midweek and next weekend. We could win against Reading and still be 7th come the internal break.

Luton play Bristol City on Wednesday night but this league is unpredictable and anyone can beat anyone

12 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I desperately hope that I am wrong but I just can’t see us making the play offs. Having only one point all season from going behind and a zero goal difference at this stage of the season just doesn’t shout resilience and grit, which will be needed to make top six.

I agree, just hope we don’t completely fall off…If we can at least challenge and make it come down to the last day then that’s all we can ask for…

Boro or Sheff united & Luton for me are bankers in the play offs, also think Norwich will get in there…Think it will come down to us, Millwall & West Brom….

Win Wednesday and we are in a strong position again. The others are bound to drop points. I said a few weeks ago, Millwall and Luton need to fuck off, they are picking up some serious results all the time. Both are just very well drilled and physical, goes a long way. We need to recruit some steal and physicality. 

Away to stoke last night in the bitter cold and you are going to battle with Buckley, Travis, Szmodics, Thomas, Dolan and Gally, as an opponent with any fight in you you would lick your lips!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Win Wednesday and we are in a strong position again. The others are bound to drop points. I said a few weeks ago, Millwall and Luton need to fuck off, they are picking up some serious results all the time. Both are just very well drilled and physical, goes a long way. We need to recruit some steal and physicality. 

Away to stoke last night in the bitter cold and you are going to battle with Buckley, Travis, Szmodics, Thomas, Dolan and Gally, as an opponent with any fight in you you would lick your lips!

I still think it will catch up with Luton and/or Millwall. If we miss out by finishing below either of those 2,it would be a big chance missed, and also a big disappointment. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roverandout said:

What a chance last night after Sheffield lost today.  Gutless 

Last night performance wasn't gutless at all. We were just poor for most of the game. 

If we won yesterday you would be saying we are the best thing since slice bread now after one loss we are gutless 🤔

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Last night performance wasn't gutless at all. We were just poor for most of the game. 

If we won yesterday you would be saying we are the best thing since slice bread now after one loss we are gutless 🤔

It was a gutless performance.  There was no effort 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, M_B said:

I still think it will catch up with Luton and/or Millwall. If we miss out by finishing below either of those 2,it would be a big chance missed, and also a big disappointment. 

The fact those two teams and us are challenging for play offs , shows up the quality in this seasons Championship..Heyho you can only play the teams presented to you .....The cock up and total lack of ambition in January , are coming home to roost...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

What a chance last night after Sheffield lost today.  Gutless 

Forget about 2nd, the slimest of slim chances. Even if Sheff Utd feck it up, we have Boro, Luton, Norwich, Millwall all more likely to catch them. 
It’s about finding that way to 6th now. 
The only good thing about the Luton win today is it may make Sheffield United think twice about the FA Cup. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ItsRoverZ said:

If we can't beat this reading side we can forget play offs, they look truly awful and have done for weeks 

They were already on their holidays against Sheffield United who didn't play well themselves, but didn't have to try too hard to beat them.

14 minutes ago, superniko said:

Forget about 2nd, the slimest of slim chances. Even if Sheff Utd feck it up, we have Boro, Luton, Norwich, Millwall all more likely to catch them. 
It’s about finding that way to 6th now. 
The only good thing about the Luton win today is it may make Sheffield United think twice about the FA Cup. 

I saw the 2nd half of the SU v Luton game. SU were in control, had a couple of chances but didn't really trouble Luton that much. They were slow and laboured in building attacks. Billy Sharp punched a Luton player in the back of the neck, floored him, Ref saw it and did nothing.

Luton were quite calm and played game management well.

• Like 1

Ultimately, no, as either way we’d still be kicking off in August in this division.

But to have a top 6 finish for the first time since a calamitous PL relegation over a decade ago shouldn’t be sniffed at, it would be a clear sign of progress.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

39 minutes ago, Underground, Roverground said:

Think 73 points will be enough for playoffs. Whether we get there will be touch and go but a season beyond initial expectations for sure.

It only really matters to get to the playoffs if you’re going to win them though. 

Is there much difference between finishing 5th and losing in the play offs, or finishing 8th?

That's loser talk. Is it better to get a lottery ticket when the chances are slim but u have a chance anyway and not getting one at all?

16 hours ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I desperately hope that I am wrong but I just can’t see us making the play offs. Having only one point all season from going behind and a zero goal difference at this stage of the season just doesn’t shout resilience and grit, which will be needed to make top six.

Depends on what you focus on I suppose. Holding on to as many 1 goal leads as we have done this season shows a lot of resilience and grit. We've also just gone 11 unbeaten, which you don't do without resilience and grit. Unfortunately we've had a few 'mares (Burnley, Preston, Rotherham etc) this season which some fans think represent our season - they don't. 

All that matters is we win 5 or 6 games between now and the end of the season. That will hopefully be enough to get us in the PO's. 

We're in a great position. 

• Like 1

The gurning chump has his Mackem hordes fired up by their home reverse against Stoke today - currently making Norwich look very very ordinary indeed, and beating them to boot.

This is a strange league.