BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

10 minutes ago, philipl said:

We got very fortunate again today.

Just about the only club with an inferior goal difference drew level with us. 

And Bolton dropped two pints to a last minute equaliser...

Oof, Huddersfield were a lot more fortunate. Two shots, two goals against run of play.

Then we hit the post.

I'd say we were very unlucky overall. Huddersfield had 10 men defending for most of the game.

Give us a midfielder and a striker and we'd be beating these teams easily.

• Like 7

• Backroom

12 goals conceded in our last 6 games in all comps is our problem. It isn't bad luck, it's poor defensive work and a major issue when we don't have any decent strikers at the club. We're down there with the lowest scorers in the division so we simply can't afford to have a leaky defence. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, DE. said:

12 goals conceded in our last 6 games in all comps is our problem. It isn't bad luck, it's poor defensive work and a major issue when we don't have any decent strikers at the club. We're down there with the lowest scorers in the division so we simply can't afford to have a leaky defence. 

That stat alone tells me we aren’t going to make the play offs this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ianrally said:

You would have been livid if that was a decision against us. 

Only just reading this thread. That was one of the most nailed-on penalties you could see that Coventry didn’t get.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, booth said:

Oof, Huddersfield were a lot more fortunate. Two shots, two goals against run of play.

Then we hit the post.

I'd say we were very unlucky overall. Huddersfield had 10 men defending for most of the game.

Give us a midfielder and a striker and we'd be beating these teams easily.

I was referring to how the results went today for us in the Championship. 

Commented about the Huddersfield game on the Huddersfield thread and yes we should have run out easy winners but for Huddersfield hitting the jackpot twice with their only first half attempts of note.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Waggot and Silvester failed to complete the paperwork - it left in January. 

and that is problem right cos of what? 

59 minutes ago, Gordon Gekko said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the BBC now stating our game against Luton has been moved to a Monday at 5.30pm on 1st May.

Yes Sky have picked the game for TV coverage 

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

I hate that you can bring on a replacement keeper if ur goalie is sent off. A bigger punishment would be if u were forced to play an outfield player in the goal for the remainder of the game.

Bit annoying that Tella did two fouls in ten seconds and didn't receive a single card, yet their goalie got sent off for one. Funny old game isn't it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, booth said:

Bit annoying that Tella did two fouls in ten seconds and didn't receive a single card, yet their goalie got sent off for one. Funny old game isn't it.

I almost can’t bring myself to admit it but I actually want Burnley to win tonight. The sooner they have wrapped up the Championship, the better as I couldn’t stomach that happening at Ewood.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

I almost can’t bring myself to admit it but I actually want Burnley to win tonight. The sooner they have wrapped up the Championship, the better as I couldn’t stomach that happening at Ewood.

I think you've got your wish 😕