BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship - 22-23

33 minutes ago, M_B said:

Glad Sunderland beat The Harlem Globetrotters a win for football. 

Hope Coventry go up, but if not, Sunderland. 

Coventry who should have had a points deduction, and robbed 3 important points off us by cheating? Coventry can get relegated for all I care.

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it would be poetic justice if coventry beat sunderland in the final,they absolutely detest mogadon for his spell there,he totally messed them up and then legged it,the gurning  **** was rescued by us,he was due to take the chesterfield job until we intervened,he repayed us moaning,belittling us and wasting shedloads of money

I forgot about that actually. Come on Coventry!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, booth said:

Coventry who should have had a points deduction, and robbed 3 important points off us by cheating? Coventry can get relegated for all I care.

Robbins has done a brilliant job at a club whose fans have been put through the wringer for year after year. 

I wouldn't mind if Sunderland do it,I think Mowbray did a decent job and left a perfect squad for Tomasson to work with, but to be honest, i don't particularly care. 

I don't think of Mowbray every waking second, he's nothing to do with Rovers any more, the obsession with some people on here is just weird. 

2 hours ago, TheWeasel said:

The idea of that odious gremlin mowbray taking Sunderland up is sickening 

I found it hard watching today, knowing it should have been us in the play offs and remembering the Teeside Curmudgeon’s lack of emotion and interest these last few seasons 😡

• Like 3

1 hour ago, M_B said:

Glad Sunderland beat The Harlem Globetrotters a win for football. 

Hope Coventry go up, but if not, Sunderland. 

I want Luton, feel hard done by both Coventry and Boro results at Ewood and just couldn’t stomach seeing Mowbray take a team up after his 5 year ‘journey’ with no end at Ewood.

Worst thing is, I think we would have been promoted if we had made it last Monday. We were playing well and our luck surely had to turn, they say it evens out 🙈

Edited by Penwortham Blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Middlesbrough v Sunderland final is the ideal with Boro giving Tony’s Mackems a good stuffing.

Coventry or Luton - no thanks. 

Problem for me is that Gurner is a Boro fan so that final is a win win for the specimen.

I would prefer Coventry v Luton .... But in reality they are all trash*.

I wonder if the lazy git is watching from the sunshine of Spain, FO

* I need to qualify that. I quite like Sunderland the Club and recall the great day when the beat the hated Leeds in the FA Cup final. If they go up and sack Gurner I'm fine with that, the only downside is that he would get a payoff and promotion bonus.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

Fuck off, ****, hate, odious gremlin, makes me sick, preparing a curse, gurner, Teeside Curmudgeon.

Would have loved to see an experiment on the blood pressure on some of the posters on here as they for some reason all sat and watched a game in which a manager they hate so much stood on the touchline!

Luton have got where they are through pure hard graft, overcoming financial disparity to get into the top 6 two years running which signals they are doing something right. I don't like them at all but I can recognise a club doing things properly and getting their rewards for it.

Coventry manipulated the fixture list and got away with it, allowed to postpone games left right and centre early on this season and I said at the time they should have been sanctioned for it but the weak EFL imposed a suspended sanction, so it is clear they broke rules but the authorities ineffective in enforcing them. 

Middlesbrough have broken FFP each and every year and got away with it so whilst it might be in our interests to get rid of a big spending rival for next year I still hope that one day the EFL grows a backbone and imposes sanctions on them for their losses.

Ordinarily I would prefer Sunderland to go up of the four but obviously with what I consider significant disrespect from Mowbray together with them pipping us on goal difference it would be the stuff of nightmares for them to do it.

So Luton it is please.

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, philipl said:

Really felt I was watching two imposters in that play off.

Didn't enjoy it at all.

Luton are a really hard watch. Perfectly built for grinding out results in the Championship (a big team of athletes who are well drilled and dangerous from set pieces / crosses).

Let's be honest, we'd have made a right mess of the play offs had we got there so no use getting too downhearted about what could have been. 

We should be focusing on auto promotion next season, if we get the right striker. But of course we'll finish 3rd then get thrashed like Wednesday did 

Edited by Tricky
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, M_B said:

Robbins has done a brilliant job at a club whose fans have been put through the wringer for year after year. 

I wouldn't mind if Sunderland do it,I think Mowbray did a decent job and left a perfect squad for Tomasson to work with, but to be honest, i don't particularly care. 

I don't think of Mowbray every waking second, he's nothing to do with Rovers any more, the obsession with some people on here is just weird. 

Surely Boro would be the best result for our interest next year I.E. the best team and best run club out of the division 

• Like 2

You could be right there

8 hours ago, superniko said:

Surely Boro would be the best result for our interest next year I.E. the best team and best run club out of the division 

You could be right there, if Carrick can avoid the second season slump.

I was surprised how poor Luton were once Sunderland equalised. They needed to push up the pitch. All their direct, percentage balls in the second half were being launched into players around 30 yards from goal, where they could do no damage.

Sunderland managed them well and really came back into the game. The second leg will be a tough game though.

7 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I was surprised how poor Luton were once Sunderland equalised. They needed to push up the pitch. All their direct, percentage balls in the second half were being launched into players around 30 yards from goal, where they could do no damage.

Sunderland managed them well and really came back into the game. The second leg will be a tough game though.

good summary of the game and I agree with you

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Boro look very plodding - have they run out of steam at the end of the season?

lacking a cutting edge to their play. I do feel that their end of season results and performances have affected badly going into the playoffs now. Maybe Carrick is learning that now

Edited by chaddyrovers