BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Swansea City (a) - 6/8/22

14 minutes ago, hollowsr said:

Must say this is a guilty pleasure of mine, reading teams message boards we have just beat who complain how average we are, QPRs forums were the same last week 

Hopefully they're all like that for most of the season! 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, hollowsr said:

Must say this is a guilty pleasure of mine, reading teams message boards we have just beat who complain how average we are, QPRs forums were the same last week 

They’re right though. We are bang average because most teams in the championship are bang average. We were bang average last season too and so was every team except Fulham. Ok we’ve won 2 out of 2 but we’re still pretty average. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jim mk2 said:

They’re right though. We are bang average because most teams in the championship are bang average. We were bang average last season too and so was every team except Fulham. Ok we’ve won 2 out of 2 but we’re still pretty average. 

Come on Jim give JDL a chance.  Already with a pretty thin squad we look a lot, lot better.  Two opening wins, 4 goals and 2 clean sheets - could hardly have done better.

We might just have unearthed a managerial diamond who will take us on a REAL JOURNEY!!!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Weird.

After a perfectly executed away win you say we're bang average.

Tell me you're a miserable old goat without telling me you're a miserable old goat....

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, hollowsr said:

Same for me - 'we got beat my a bang average Blackurn'! Typical response. if we're bang average, what are they?  

You just got done 3-0 at your own place and you calling the other team bang average? 

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

image.png.3ebf7b7bcc8d70ec8e542e9a87a3a02a.pngMade me chuckle

39 minutes ago, hollowsr said:

We stuck 3 past Swansea without reply in their own back yard, limited QPR to 0 shots on target but we're the bang average ones?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mercer said:

A night to uncork one of my finest reds.

Well done JDL - you have given us positivity, nous and hope.

Venky's - make sure you back this feckin manager as he knows what he's doing and he might just help you to recoup huge parts of your losses.

I think you've already started on the reds!

Looking forward to watching the highlights. It was radio for me today.

Like the idea of playing with purpose and actually trying to score when we get forward rather than the confused ideas of the last couple of seasons.

Travis appears to be getting rapidly unMowbrayed. He always looked like he could play box to box but learning from Smallwood looked to have turned him into a budget Robbie Savage. JDT seems to think more of him and it’s paying dividends.

Few quid on Szmodics first scorer at 8/1 was a nice bonus too!

A proper managerial appointment working early wonders!!

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Weird.

After a perfectly executed away win you say we're bang average.

Tell me you're a miserable old goat without telling me you're a miserable old goat....

A fantastic win, but Jim has a slight point....I wasn't at the game today but comments from those that watched the game before the first goal went in were not complimentary at all.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

A fantastic win, but Jim has a slight point....I wasn't at the game today but comments from those that watched the game before the first goal went in were not complimentary at all.....

Nobody is saying we a fantastic team - else we'd be beating the likes of City. Cant you just be happy ....at least sometimes?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Looking forward to watching the highlights. It was radio for me today.

Like the idea of playing with purpose and actually trying to score when we get forward rather than the confused ideas of the last couple of seasons.

Travis appears to be getting rapidly unMowbrayed. He always looked like he could play box to box but learning from Smallwood looked to have turned him into a budget Robbie Savage. JDT seems to think more of him and it’s paying dividends.

Few quid on Szmodics first scorer at 8/1 was a nice bonus too!

A proper managerial appointment working early wonders!!

Trav now half way to his career total of goals (prior to this season) in 2 games!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We looked a very organized side. I watched the full game.

• Like 3

I think Jim and Sparks do have a point too. Really happy with the win and am enjoying the start to the season as much as anyone but still plenty of room for improvement and seems like these wins could easily go the opposite way. There is an underlying sense of fragility about most championship teams. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Butty said:

I’d take Buckley Gallagher and Szmodics out of that team, no first teamers should be starting. Stick Vale in and two others instead of those three. 

Oh forgot Vale... think Buckley can play every game and Szmodics need games..

Of course we are ‘average’ in the grand scheme of things. By that benchmark Celtic are an average side, Ajax are an average side, Porto are an average side because they all play in average leagues.

Doesn’t necessarily mean we will be an average side this season in comparison to others in the division we actually operate in.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

Kaminski is as good as you can get in the championship imo.

Brittain looks a solid RB.

Pickering needs upgrading. He was nowhere at times today and alot of teams single him out for a reason.

Ayala and Scotty seem a sound pairing. Cover needed badly.

Trav off to a flyer. Always loved him and happy to see him back to his best.

Buckley. We know my thoughts but there is a place for him but not starting every game.

Sammie. Too early to tell, took his goal very well, supported the play brilliantly before slotting home.

Hedges. Delighted for him, alot questioned him without a fair crack of the whip from January on. 

Gally. I do try and see the positives but when he is bad it's hard to defend. Useful when on form but all too rare.

Ben. Picked up from last season with a sublime goal. Gambling on keeping him must mighty tempting.

• Like 1