BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

Same time last season we lost to WBA at home and beat Forest away midweek.

Very good win today against a club with resources way beyond our means, I’d take a draw at Reading to cement this start.

• Backroom

Last time the timekeeper stitched us, (with totally justifiable injury time, which seems to apply to us and no other team in the league 🤬🤬), we conceded the equaliser in the 109th min. And looked like weak, headless chickens for all of those 10 mins.

What a contrast today was. 

Feels different at the moment. Corner turned?

A couple new signings these next few weeks and I genuinely believe we've got a good chance this year. 

• Like 6

So proud of the boys! Can't ask anymore of the players or coaches. We are desperate for players now, these boys are pushing so hard it's not sustainable. Get some cash spent Venkys, the lads have proved they have the heart, they need some help to keep going.

• Like 3

Rankin-Costello came off on 37 mins in the U21 match today against Wolves, possibly meaning he suffered an injury. We'll have to await confirmation but a recall of James Brown from Stockport might be needed, if contractually possible.

Edit: It's likely due to lack of options but I feel that the manager has the balance between attack and defence on the subs bench a little off at the moment. Rather than Adam Wharton, I'd have the more defensively minded and versatile Garrett there. Wharton is a really promising player but I'd go for the cover of Garrett, who could displace Edun as the utility player, if he performs.

Edited by riverholmes
  • Like 2

Quote from West brom forum 

'Why do we always get old, stale, past it managers, whilst the likes of Blackburn go abroad and find good young ones with new ideas.

Fk him off and get Dyche in before he goes to somewhere like sjoke.'

Even the West brom fans admit we have a better manager haa haa

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Tugay-is-God said:

Who'd have thought that Ayala would be our only centre back not to be injured?

It's the summer and it's hotter than ever - Ayala will be at the peak of his powers. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

BBD and SG on the scoresheet, well done to JDT and everyone at BRFC in overcoming a strong WBA despite losing our RB and young CB to injury. Now for a nice IPA to celebrate

This is acronym heaven

Cheers! 

BRFC!

COYB !

RTID!

WTF?

LOL

Just now, roverandout said:

Quote from West brom forum 

'Why do we always get old, stale, past it managers, whilst the likes of Blackburn go abroad and find good young ones with new ideas.

Fk him off and get Dyche in before he goes to somewhere like sjoke.'

Even the West brom fans admit we have a better manager haa haa

I think WBA will be up there tbh. Not quite worked for them yet but they have amazing depth. Bringing on Reach while we can barely pathch a defence together. 

• Like 5

Great great win...  Two quality goals - what a finish by Gallagher! Solid defending under trying circumstances.

Only thing I'd say is we know from a few seasons ago (season we had Harvey Elliott and played 433) that if we play a high intensity pressing game we will get a lot of injuries. Seems to be already happening.

Ayala could go down for two months at any moment. We really need to sign a few defenders ASAP.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

Sad as it may seem the Dingles drawing may have been better. But I am so happy I don't give a shit.

I agree that it would have a better for the table but I’ll take it for what it is and celebrate it either way haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Carbz said:

Perfect weekend.

Rovers win

dingles lose

Man U lose

And Middlesbrough looking like a very very average team despite a lot fancying them to walk the league and making their manager out to be something special. 

(not to mention Lenihan thinking he was joing a bigger, better, more ambitious club🖕

• Like 2