BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v WBA (h) - 14/8/22

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Delighted with the win and the team performance who battled, chased, work their socks off to get that team in those hot temperatures. 

Some very good performances like Ayala(my MOTM) and Travis were the best players on the pitch for me. Diaz produced a good goal and assist for Gallagher goal. Phillips was solid the all game and he show what talent and ability he has. Hopefully that continue here long term. Brittain shown today why he is better right back for us than Nyambe with that brave header clearance in the last minute of the first half. Every player that started got 8 out of 10 from me and 7 for the rest. Good team performance

I never thought we would concede goal against us. It took a massive deflection for that to happen. They had a few good chances but I never felt in danger and we control the game well. They lacked quality in the final third for me challenging for promotion 

JDT has done a great job in the first 3 games and the players clearly under how and what he wants from each and every player in the team. 

Its felt great at full time to be 3 wins from 3 games and top of the league. 

JDT's Blue and White Army! 🔵

Diaz was an of the match and deserved. You dont win that match without what Diaz did. Ayala was immense of course, but Diaz made the magic. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Hasta said:

He was playing right in front of me in the JW upper and I didn’t think he was that bad. It was everyone else giving the ball away cheaply that was stressing me.

I was closer and he was abysmal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Up at the Black Bull before today's game. Met up with a fellow Forum member and four Albion fans, who he knows. Good banter. No-one I've ever spoken to has a good word to say about Bruce, that includes a bloke a play five a side with, who is Villa fan. Turgid old fashioned Mowbray shite. He's yesterday man!

I can tell you he was well Spoken of at a wiggin pie shop 😅😅

Well, what an effort from the team delivering a very good win. I thought WBA would be a tough nut to crack and with the news on Wharton being out I was apprehensive before kick off. Despite there being few chances and a backs to the wall job for us in the 2nd half I thought it was an eventful and exciting contest.

But what an effort to overcome all the issues and things going against us. I don't know what is going on but for 3 young lads to all be out injured after 2 games of the season is a worry. But on the plus side this was going to happen sooner or later and now we've got chance to do something about it. We need 2 CBs in quick.

That last half hour really put me through the mill, can't imagine how the players must have been feeling.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Some very good performances like Ayala(my MOTM) and Travis were the best players on the pitch for me.

Say what you want about Chaddy but he’s (probably one of) the first to mention Travis’s performance today, one of the best of his career, absolutely relentless. He was fucked after 80 minutes but somehow pulled together a second wind for the last 21(!!).

• Like 5

Well I went today but forgot my bloody glasses so I had no idea who had the ball all game but I didn’t need to see what was another good performance and three points . I won’t repeat what everyone else said but this really is a new era of positivity and belief and I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds. 

My only concern now is squad depth. We took a few injuries today and if they start piling up I fear we may start to struggle especially around Xmas when the games come thick and fast

i can’t quantify how much I love this manager . He was desperately needed and long overdue . 

JDTS blue and white army 💙🤍

• Like 1

Deliriously happy tonight.

Posted many times that even a half decent manager would make a huge difference in comparison to Mowbray.

Sorry to be repetitive but JDT is Venky's get out of jail card - just feckin back him big time.

My red wine stock is rapidly dwindling and I don't care!

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Well I went today but forgot my bloody glasses so I had no idea who had the ball all game but I didn’t need to see what was another good performance and three points . I won’t repeat what everyone else said but this really is a new era of positivity and belief and I can’t wait to see how it all unfolds. 

My only concern now is squad depth. We took a few injuries today and if they start piling up I fear we may start to struggle especially around Xmas when the games come thick and fast

i can’t quantify how much I love this manager . He was desperately needed and long overdue . 

JDTS blue and white army 💙🤍

I agree with all of this, although I didn't forget to put my contacts in so I could see everything.

I did forget it was a cashless Ewood though so I had to go all game without a bloody drink! Oh well, winning made up for being dehydrated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Cant help but think that the music upon victory needs changing.

yes!!!!!

I know the masses at Ewood generally aren't the hippest! musically, but bloody hell Sweet fkin Caroline has been done to death everywhere since Pete Kay brought it back from the dead probably nearly 20 years ago now! Surely they can dig out another tune that's not as naff and cliched that most will know the chorus to

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Posted many times that even a half decent manager would make a huge difference in comparison to Mowbray.

Sorry to be repetitive but JDT is Venky's get out of jail card - just feckin back him big time.

Red wine in this weather 🤨 

16 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Managers get promotion - not players. of course the latter helps, but without the former, you have no chance. 

Nearly finished my Zinfandel btw

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Simply the Best’, obviously!

Boys are back in town pre kick off?

Anyway I’m ignoring you as you blanked me today - rude 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

everyone of the lads deserves a few pints after that,great effort,west brom had lots of the ball,as you would expect with some of players they have but we looked comfortable in defence all game,we did give the ball away to much in midfield though,you can see the difference in coaching and team shape between jdt and mowbray,we would never have won a game like that last season

Phillips isn’t old enough to drink. 

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Simply the Best’, obviously!

haha why not it least it's a tune that has a long history in the stands

I was trying to think of a well known Danish pop tune or band, I couldn't think of one though, even with the help of google ha, closest Danish link I could get was Lars Ulrich(Metalica) never really listened to much of Metallicas music but surely they must have at least one proper catchy "banger"