BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Wigan Athletic (a) 11/10/2022

4 hours ago, bazza said:

Of course I'm joking.

Sometimes, when one lives abroad, one loses one's British sense of humour. I know I did when I was abroad for 7 years.

OK, good to know. I've not lost my sense of humour, but there are at times some odd posts on here that leave me scratching my head. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, USABlue said:

Did you know ESPN dies an On Demand where you can see the game after the fact.  Just found this out will save me a bundle in missed wages.

Yes I did.

I'm not one for watching matches after the fact though. The tension isn't there, and by the time I'd get around to it it would be pointless and highlights will do.

31 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

From www.football365.com 

E03EA5B7-1E79-43DF-B5AF-1DEB58D54258.jpeg

Condescending. Probably written by a southerner

I wouldn't cross the road to watch a Champions League match but a would for a Championship match - especially a Lancy derby

We have to break the WL cycle sometime and we haven't won at Wigan in donkey's years - so against the odds and my glass half empty nature let's go for a Rovers win

Wigan 1 Rovers 2

• Like 1

This is a tough one to call. Will we be left seething again after another lacklustre display after another frustrating night where the players don't show up and the manager continues with a system that doesn't work for the entire game or will we go there and put things right, play some lovely football and kick on?

Sick of going to bed on these nights and being pissed off trying to get to sleep.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BigBar said:

This is a tough one to call. Will we be left seething again after another lacklustre display after another frustrating night where the players don't show up and the manager continues with a system that doesn't work for the entire game or will we go there and put things right, play some lovely football and kick on?

Sick of going to bed on these nights and being pissed off trying to get to sleep.

It's a project... Very similar to the last 4 years journey we've been on.

W*gan Athletic 1 - 3 Rovers

Nyambe (4)

BBD (42) (P)
                                 Hirst (87)
                                 Dack (90+3)

Its written the stars that Nyambe played a bazillion games for us with no goal and the first game against us he scores.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Thats all conjecture, my eyes don't deceive me watching us live week in week out.

This side has been hammered several times so far this season, worse than anything I've seen in recent years (Including Fulham) especially Sheff Utd away and Luton, Cardiff was poor too, we never laid a finger on Bristol City home either. 

Right now we are weaker than we've been in a long time in my opinion, the manager needs time to rebuild and its some building job he's got!

We won 2 games in 17 under Mowbray the season before last.

We have been shit in games this season but we were also shit many many times under Mowbray.

We were poor v Sheffield United and Luton but it wasn't as bad as the 7-0 v Fulham 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dan said:

Wigan 0 Rovers 1 Nyambe OG. 

I haven’t made my prediction yet, only to find, ALAS! Dan made it for me! 😂

I have to go on record with my own prediction, I’m no thief. We haven’t had a tie yet, it doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy, but, 

1-1. 

Prove me wrong, Rovers. 

• Like 1

Just now, WacoRover said:

I haven’t made my prediction yet, only to find, ALAS! Dan made it for me! 😂

I have to go on record with my own prediction, I’m no thief. We haven’t had a tie yet, it doesn’t give me a warm fuzzy, but, 

1-1. 

Prove me wrong, Rovers. 

Maybe Nyambe with both the goals in a 1-1 draw? 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We won 2 games in 17 under Mowbray the season before last.

We have been shit in games this season but we were also shit many many times under Mowbray.

We were poor v Sheffield United and Luton but it wasn't as bad as the 7-0 v Fulham 

Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got them and nobody mentioned Mowbray.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

Is there a clause in Hirsts contract? Not casting him off this early but don't feel he warrants a start based on recent showings. Maybe JDT just rates him.

He's got a point to prove now and wish him the best and hopefully gets on the scoresheet.

• Like 1