BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Might have been different if he'd picked a side on form rather than who was decent in 2016...

Interesting to see how the narrative might change now. Iran were shit all week...

As much as i've enjoyed Wales losing, draw would have been good as win would have secured top spot tonight (notwithstanding that to not finish top would require a ludicrous GD swing towards Iran and somehow losing to Wales)

Edited by Displaced Rover
  • Like 1

On 21/11/2022 at 15:50, Wheelton Blue said:

... and if Iran put 2 past anyone else.

Turns out they did mate.

Now does this mean Wales are worse than a pub team or England maybe actually did play well the other day? (I didn't see today's game by the way, just the result)

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

A win tonight would have qualified us whatever the outcome of other games

Ah, right, good point.

Think I'm just so focused on getting points and winning group as my works Xmas party is 9th Dec and I'll be gutted if we have a QF that night. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Turns out they did mate.

Now does this mean Wales are worse than a pub team or England maybe actually did play well the other day? (I didn't see today's game by the way, just the result)

England played well the other day.

Iran played better today than the other day.

Wales were not that good today and got bullied assisted by whatever that ref is who allowed red card offences to go unpunished.

Iran could have won by at least 4-0, hit the post twice, Hennessey made a great save plus other chances.

England to win tonight to put our progress beyond doubt.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Silas said:

Ah, right, good point.

Think I'm just so focused on getting points and winning group as my works Xmas party is 9th Dec and I'll be gutted if we have a QF that night. 

Bloody hell mate so is mine...in Scotland!! Oh well, time to dig my England party shirt out then hopefully.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrenbot said:

Interesting to see how USA view tonights game now,a point will be enough if they beat Iran in the 3rd game,do they stick and get 10 men behind the ball  for a point or twist and go all out for a win.

It almost becomes a 'free hit' for them tonight now, I think.

Shame about Wales. There's still hope though, they could beat England and still go through. 

England fans will think that's unlikely but there's been a few upsets already and England can lose to anybody if they put their mind to it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Turns out they did mate.

We did play well against Iran - although they were really poor on the day.

My (poorly made!) point the other day was that - in the grand scheme of the tournament overall - we shouldn't read too much into England thrashing Iran in game 1.

England should comfortably go through the group, then the real tests will come as the better teams get going.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Shame about Wales. There's still hope though, they could beat England and still go through. 

England fans will think that's unlikely but there's been a few upsets already and England can lose to anybody if they put their mind to it.

Anyone can lose to anyone at WC Finals level.

That is why England must go all out to beat the US and qualify tonight. Get the job done now when the door is open.

• Like 3

• Backroom

I think Iran were a bit overawed by us, or perhaps just the occasion in general. They were much more positive and brave against Wales today, and got their rewards. Wales have been poor but could have gotten something out of the game if Iran had meekly sat back as they did against us. Instead they went for it and that was enough to knock the Welsh off balance. Well done to the Iranians and I imagine they'll keep that mindset going against the States. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Give over Jim. They've just got beaten by the equivalent of Ramsbottom United haven't they?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Give over Jim. They've just got beaten by the equivalent of Ramsbottom United haven't they?

Anything can happen, as you know. It's how they play on the day. Iran were poor against England but very good today. 

Wales could be the same against England. Never under-estimate England's ability to disappoint

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I hate to say it, but Bale and Ramsey looked old. 

I can understand playing Bale but the selection of Ramsey is baffling. Since he left Arsenal he has crashed and burned and has had very little football in the last few years. How Wales could have done with the energy and drive of someone like Hedges.

• Like 3