BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The match on now between Qatar and Senegal is being played in a stadium that looks about a quarter full. FIFA will however spring it a several thousand above the capacity.

It is mostly full its just that a lot of the locals are wearing white and look like white seats.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I do think that forearm smashes, constant foot stomping and constant intimidation of match officials by players and the bench might have helped Iran a wee bit.

Overall though Iran were the better team and much more punchable than the past it old men of Wales.

You must be getting soft. Every game was like that in the Manchester Industrial League back in the 60’s. Minus the harassing of the ref of course.

To make Jim happy, Iran will beat the USA to qualify, Wales will beat England, and the USA will beat England. England out because Wales and USA have 4 points each, who goes through decided by goal difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You must be getting soft. Every game was like that in the Manchester Industrial League back in the 60’s. Minus the harassing of the ref of course.

Stockport Fire Brigade. Toughest lot of mean, dirty, fouling, b**** I ever played against

Robbie Savage “It’s only Iran”. 😐

Best comment I’ve seen since the Wales game was this:
“Nice to see a positive result for a people who are genuinely oppressed as opposed to the Welsh who desperately want the rest of the world to think that they are despite soiling the globe hand in hand with the English. Maybe Michael Sheen can do Iran an indulgent monologue” 😂😂✊🏻

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, matt83 said:

As much as Iran is a hideous political regime, it's tremendous to see the Welsh get beaten like that.

The players seem to agree it's a hideous political regime, so best of luck to them. Perhaps if they get through the group, having refused to sing the national anthem in protest, it may further encourage change in Iran.

16 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Robbie Savage “It’s only Iran”. 😐

Best comment I’ve seen since the Wales game was this:
“Nice to see a positive result for a people who are genuinely oppressed as opposed to the Welsh who desperately want the rest of the world to think that they are despite soiling the globe hand in hand with the English. Maybe Michael Sheen can do Iran an indulgent monologue” 😂😂✊🏻

Might be worthwhile doing a check on the regiments that served the BRITISH Empire in overseas and colonial theatre.

A clue ... Not all English or indeed Welsh.

Another one is place names ...

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's a bit difficult being half Welsh, but also an England fan. I want both to do well , and the latter is my first team in football but I have no time for little Englanders who sneer and deride everyone else in the UK. 

Not everyone else. Just the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
16 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

It's a bit difficult being half Welsh, but also an England fan. I want both to do well , and the latter is my first team in football but I have no time for little Englanders who sneer and deride everyone else in the UK. 

I had no issue at all with Wales until that video emerged of their players cheering England getting knocked out. After that, no time for them.

• Like 5

Someone in the VAR room doesn't like Ecuador.

After the goal that was ludicrously ruled out against Qatar they just had another perfectly good goal ruled out imo. The player who diverted the cross n was miles onside, the keeper had already dived the wrong way and the player alleged to be impinging the goalies line of vision never made any movement whatsoever towards the ball.

The standard of officiating on and off the field is absolutely abysmal. What about the referee that thought the assault by the Wales keeper wasn't a red?

Edit: Deserved equaliser now.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I had no issue at all with Wales until that video emerged of their players cheering England getting knocked out. After that, no time for them.

That’s exactly what I was picturing. Before that I had zero opinions on the Welsh would even route for other British team in spite of their chip on the shoulder for the English but that irked me  

25 minutes ago, Silas said:

Let's see how they are at playing it, but we can surely all agree they're truly awful at chanting about it:

Like nails on a chalkboard. 

They’re just the worst. I hope they don’t do well and we’re treated to a rendition of U-S-A, U-S-A

• Like 1