BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We looked predictably better when Kane went off, don't worry folks he'll be back in with his injury for the knock outs...quarters and no further because he can't stop playing the get along gang.  I can certainly picture the lemon drizzle coming out.

I’d say that’s probably because we were 3-0 (or 2-0?) up at the time. Another nice assist from him, and should have had another for Rashfords sitter - he’s about 10 times the player Wilson is

• Like 6

1 minute ago, superniko said:

I’d say that’s probably because we were 3-0 (or 2-0?) up at the time. Another nice assist from him, and should have had another for Rashfords sitter - he’s about 10 times the player Wilson is

Been here before, he's not fit...I'm not comparing him to Wilson...we.just look more fluid when he's not there.

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Been here before, he's not fit...I'm not comparing him to Wilson...we.just look more fluid when he's not there.

I agree he doesn’t look fully fit but I still think we’re better with him on the pitch (which is what you stated against). He’s just playing like a different player, less like a #9

16 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

We looked predictably better when Kane went off, don't worry folks he'll be back in with his injury for the knock outs...quarters and no further because he can't stop playing the get along gang.  I can certainly picture the lemon drizzle coming out.

Kane does things off the ball which opens up spaces.  Hes also a master at linkup play. Blimey never heard so much kane bashing that's unwarranted 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Kane does things off the ball which opens up spaces.  Hes also a master at linkup play. Blimey never heard so much kane bashing that's unwarranted 

He looks slow, lethargic and unfit.

On his day he is obviously first choice.  I don't believe he is fit and how many times do we need to rely on a injured player?  Been there too many times mate....it will end the same way

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roverandout said:

He’s not been at his best so far but he set Rashford up for that golden chance in the first half and Foden up for his goal tonight. Maybe he’s not 100 % fit but I’d still play him on Sunday. He’s a player most opponents will be wary of and he’s a great penalty taker, if we get one that is.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Because the best countries should be employing their own countryman in the national team management. Do other leading countries like Germany, France, Holland, Spain, Brazil, Argentina employ overseas managers? 

Perhaps that's because they have home grown managers of sufficient quality, and, therefore, don't need to look abroad.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Perhaps that's because they have home grown managers of sufficient quality, and, therefore, don't need to look abroad.

No English manager has ever finished higher than second in the Premier League, while Howard Wilkinson is the last to win the top flight, way back in 1992. 

That's England's top football league in the modern era - never won by an Englishman

Says it all really. Foreign and especially Continental coaches know and understand the game better

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

No English manager has ever finished higher than second in the Premier League, while Howard Wilkinson is the last to win the top flight, way back in 1992. 

That's England's top football league in the modern era - never won by an Englishman

Says it all really. Foreign and especially Continental coaches know and understand the game better

No what it means, is that the English clubs likely to win the premier league, for some reason go for foreign managers. It might have something to do with those same clubs being owned by foreigners.

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Once manager who was Scottish won the PL title 13 times which no one will ever come close achieving it again

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just highlighted a very valid point, but England have plenty of good quality coaches who would be good replacements for Southgate when he leaves his post. 

The discussion was about English coaches and their poor quality / failures. Dalglish is a Scot so it isn't valid

Howe will probably replace Southgate. He's won nothing but he talks nicely

Better second half last night, we stepped things up albeit against a side as bad as any bar Qatar in the tournament, with a poor manager scared to drop past it players. Any competent keeper would have saved both Rashford goals too.

Foden was really good and stood out with his technical ability and the way he can weave through defenders, and Rashford was also very good. The question is whether they will be persisted with or whether Southgate will want to put back in his favourites in Sterling and Mount who would weaken the team.

The midfield is a big question mark, Rice is not a top level midfielder as useful as he is due to his technical limitations and Bellingham is someone who I am not sure where he is best, as the furthest forward of 3 I am not convinced that he does enough in the final third. Henderson was our weakest player and I would drop him on Sunday.

Also, fed up of hearing our fans (and official account) going on about Hedges' omission as if he would have made a difference.

14 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

He looks slow, lethargic and unfit.

On his day he is obviously first choice.  I don't believe he is fit and how many times do we need to rely on a injured player?  Been there too many times mate....it will end the same way

Tongue slightly in cheek, doesn't he always look a bit like that? He's an amazingly productive player, but he's always looked a bit clumsy and untidy on the ball, even though the end product of his passing is top drawer. He's never really had pace either. So far to me he's just looked like typical Harry Kane. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

The discussion was about English coaches and their poor quality / failures. Dalglish is a Scot so it isn't valid

I disagree that English coaches are poor quality or failures more than other nationality. We have some very talented quality coaches out there. 

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Howe will probably replace Southgate. He's won nothing but he talks nicely

I hope Southgate will stay on as England manager and continue the good work he has done since taking over and he is our must successful England manager since 1966. He deserved alot more praised and confidence from England fans, media and pundits. 

On replacing him, I think we straight now we have 2 very good options if he does quit after this world cup but in four more years, I think we will 4 or 5 very good quality candidates by then

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is that why you suggested Lampard, Gerrard and Rooney as potential candidates?

Please could you explain what point you are trying to make. thanks in advance

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I disagree that English coaches are poor quality or failures more than other nationality. We have some very talented quality coaches out there. 

I hope Southgate will stay on as England manager and continue the good work he has done since taking over and he is our must successful England manager since 1966. He deserved alot more praised and confidence from England fans, media and pundits. 

On replacing him, I think we straight now we have 2 very good options if he does quit after this world cup but in four more years, I think we will 4 or 5 very good quality candidates by then

Please could you explain what point you are trying to make. thanks in advance

You stated that we have plenty of good English coaches, before then naming 3 former big name players with underwhelming managerial careers to date within the names that could be Southgate's successor. Hardly justifying your point.

It wasn't a difficult point to grasp.

1 hour ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Tongue slightly in cheek, doesn't he always look a bit like that? He's an amazingly productive player, but he's always looked a bit clumsy and untidy on the ball, even though the end product of his passing is top drawer. He's never really had pace either. So far to me he's just looked like typical Harry Kane. 

I think he's very good on the ball. I've seen him skip past players. He just doesn't do it alot