BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Rashford dropped apparently.  Saka and foden. Since when do u drop ur top scorer

Where have you seen that? I would at least be pleased to see Foden start.

7 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Poland are absolutely horrendous.  Get them out of this world cup 

They are massively inferior to France as they are to Argentina, so I am not sure why they have provoked so much anger in not encouraging an open game with better teams.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Where have you seen that? I would at least be pleased to see Foden start.

They are massively inferior to France as they are to Argentina, so I am not sure why they have provoked so much anger in not encouraging an open game with better teams.

It's on the Internet. Teams that have a go at Argentina and France get a lot of joy out of them. They're not unbeatable 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

It's on the Internet. Teams that have a go at Argentina and France get a lot of joy out of them. They're not unbeatable 

Specific. Found now:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/20646058/england-team-senegal-foden-saka-rashford-world-cup/?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=sunfootballtwitter&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1670171555

No one is unbeatable but especially v France, you can understand a cautious approach by inferior teams. Picked off there with a superb finish by Mbappe.

Do you not root for underdogs?

Edited by roversfan99

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s an arrogant and petulant toad, but Mbappé is going to go on to break some serious records if he doesn’t sustain a big injury.

Absolute quality that lad, superb player. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

Poland's gameplan was clearly to keep it tight and try and nick a goal towards the end to try and force extra time, but Mbappe pretty much single-handedly wiped that out. You can't account for that kind of quality.

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Best player in the comp without a doubt.

I don’t understand how some have said that he is arrogant or petulant. Yes he is confident in his abilities and why shouldn’t he be. A real talent and IF we get past Senegal the we are going to have to nullify him because he shoots from anywhere. A joy to watch. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Seriously.  Hes a class player.  Technically not brilliant but pretty much a top player.  Walker has pocketed him twice though and I'd expect him to do it again 

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Just seen his goals. Very poor goalkeeping 

Technically not brilliant and poor keeping? Pretty much a top player? The very best around.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Technically not brilliant and poor keeping? Pretty much a top player? The very best around.

I can't hand out higher praise. I think mbappe's best qualities are his pace and finishing.  I am not impressed with him from a technical point of view as he looks very cumbersome at times and can get easily dispossessed.  If u give him space he can murder you. Get tight to him hes ineffectual.  He's developed over the last couple of years into a world class player and I would swap him for kane In a heartbeat 

33 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

He’s an arrogant and petulant toad, but Mbappé is going to go on to break some serious records if he doesn’t sustain a big injury.

He is absolutely immense and also very arrogant even for a Frenchman. I believe he more or less single handedly ousted the then PSG technical director Leonardo. Now he’s a quasi PSG director as well as being the star striker. That’s what persuaded him to turn down Real.

• Like 1