BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

It wasn’t even the first 20 mins the first 35 were dire. The last 10 minutes of the first half were decent but would have to say the goal on 38 mins was totally against the run of play. Since then played some decent stuff but shouldn’t take 30 mins to wake up. Won’t get that privilege against a good side. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I've not seen the game, just the score.

How have we played?

Not at our best in the first 30 minutes despite getting into a few good areas, final ball lacking quality. Senegal had 2 chances in the time. After that England upped our tempo and performed much better. Bellingham and Kane being our best players. 3 very good and clinical goals by Henderson, Kane and Saka

• Like 2

We like to build up nothing opposition in this country. The pundits talked up Iran as being a defensive bastion (when they actually talked about the match and not the armbands), talked up the USA as being the most exiting up and coming young team in world football, talked up Bale as being unstoppable and talked up this lot as being a serious threat (the African champions no less) but if we’re really honest 2 or 3-0 was par tonight. Although I did think we’d be negative and be taken into extra time.

The first proper game and first decent opposition of this World Cup up next Saturday and it’s going to take something very very special indeed to beat France. Hopefully for once England will pull off a big upset rather than be the victims of one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, matt83 said:

We like to build up nothing opposition in this country. The pundits talked up Iran as being a defensive bastion (when they actually talked about the match and not the armbands), talked up the USA as being the most exiting up and coming young team in world football, talked up Bale as being unstoppable and talked up this lot as being a serious threat (the African champions no less) but if we’re really honest 2 or 3-0 was par tonight. Although I did think we’d be negative and be taken into extra time.

The first proper game and first decent opposition of this World Cup up next Saturday and it’s going to take something very very special indeed to beat France. Hopefully for once England will pull off a big upset rather than be the victims of one.

I believe we can win. We've been far more convincing than France overall apart from the first 30 minutes of this game

• Backroom

Senegal never really threatened us. Any danger was completely self-inflicted by the terrible first half an hour or so. Once we scored it was as comfortable as you'll see in a major knockout match. 

Beat France and it's game on. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bit like watching Rovers. Dull until we score first and then we looked decent. Saka doing what any young wingers watching should note - when the ball is on the other wing - get in the box !

It’ll be interesting what happens if France should score first. Have we got a plan B ? JDT hasn’t come up with one so far.

If France score first and we have to open up to chase the game I shudder to think what they might do to us. But the winner of that tie must surely go in as favourites vs Spain/Portugal. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Walker has pocketed him twice in the champions league 

Sarr, who is no slouch admitttedly, did Walker for pace tonight.

Then there’s Dembele on the other wing against Shaw. He got done a couple of times tonight out wide but they weren’t good enough to take advantage.

Greizman is the main man for me. Keep him quiet and we may have a chance.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces