BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

World Cup 2022

Fabulous performance from England, cant wait to watch back the highlights tonight. 100% in control from start to finish.

I think anyone watching that around the world will put England in the same bracket as France and Brazil.

Does that mean we will win the world cup.... Not really, weve got a 50/50 against France then two more ties if we make it we are not going to have better than a 60/40 chance of winning. So statistically we are far more likely to be knocked out than getting the cup....

But great performance, Southgate continues to get so much out of the team, and anyone will really fear us.

The real innovation for me is sticking with four at the back and playing Henderson, Rice and Bellingham in midfield. Senegal didnt get a sniff and I know Deschamps will be thinking long and hard about how to compete with those three without Kante and Pogba...

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’s not better than both of them together. Greizman pulls the strings, he’s the one to be concerned with.

Greizmann plays as number 10. Rabiot and Tchouameni in centre midfield

2 minutes ago, frosty said:

Will become! He's already an unbelievable footballer Chaddy, in fact he's probably the best player in the world now Messi has slowed down a little (although it was a joy to watch him last night).

I know he is a really good player, but I think 2 or 3 seasons more he will be great player. 

Some real quality on show tonight from England, goals of real quality after a slow start. 

Bellingham is a real talent, Saka was excellent 2nd half and Kane never looked like missing.

England have been the best team in this tournament so far, despite some dodgy moments at the back. I'm not saying we'll win the World Cup, but we shouldn't fear anyone. 

£1000 for a weekend rtn flight to Doha from Manchester if anyone's getting itchy feet. 

Edited by Gav

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Fabulous performance from England, cant wait to watch back the highlights tonight. 100% in control from start to finish.e

Err, not really. England could have been 2-0 down after 30 minutes and not able to complain. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You also didnt agree with his team. Saka in particular was one you have not wanted in the team.

I wanted Rashford to start cos he is more of goal threat and has striker instincts. 

You didn't wanted Henderson in the team but yet again he proved his worth through his experience and performance today 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He should stick with the same team against France. Southgate loves to revert back to 5 at the back but the current set up is exactly how we should play. Foden is absolutely brilliant but Southgate has to stick with him.

I would drop Saka for Rashford 

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

He should stick with the same team against France. Southgate loves to revert back to 5 at the back but the current set up is exactly how we should play. Foden is absolutely brilliant but Southgate has to stick with him.

I think weve now evolved to a 433 with Bellingham, Rice and Henderson, with Walker sitting back at right back to help out the centre backs as needed. Looks good! Assurance across the defence with numbers in midfield. 

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Playing with a back five would be a mistake, especially if the player making up the five is Dier. He could put Walker there and play Trippier at right back.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Bellingham  ? Maybe. Rice ? Not really.

100 percent rice not impressed with touachemeni or rabiot.  Both been bang average so far. Rice was absolutely beast tonight.  Dominating midfield with Henderson and Bellingham.  France midfield hasn't done that all tournament 

Edited by roverandout

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

didn't Southgate change it against by swapping Rashford and Foden and we looked miles better? 

Can Deschamps change a game if behind? lets see if he can 

So how would you line up then? Drop Giroud or Move Griezmann? 

Doesn't matter how the rest of the team is set up,with Mbappe set up against Maguire hes going to get a couple of goals

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no he won`t,being french and therefore arrogant he will be thinking he has better players,our two centre backs are glacial and we have full backs who are good going forwards but defensively dodgy when under pressure

They do have better players in some positions.   We have better players In others.  It's going to be a tight game 

2 minutes ago, Darrenbot said:

Doesn't matter how the rest of the team is set up,with Mbappe set up against Maguire hes going to get a couple of goals

Of course it does cos Mbappe plays on the left so will be up against Walker or Tripper. Maguire plays on the left side of defence 

Slowish start but I think some are exaggerating how bad we were in the first 30mins. We played with some intensity and a lot in their half before going pedestrian walking football. Few lapses in concentration could have been punished but you can't go a whole tournament with out concealing chances. France looked as vulnerable against Poland before they scored so let's compare apples with apples, none of the big guns have put in flawless performances consistently 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wanted Rashford to start cos he is more of goal threat and has striker instincts. 

You didn't wanted Henderson in the team but yet again he proved his worth through his experience and performance today 

Point being you didnt pick the team that Southgate went for either, so the told you so nonsense is invalidated.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would drop Saka for Rashford 

Until Southgate doesnt. Stick to the same team.

11 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ffs I can change my mind based on performance 

You change your mind every 3 minutes about England.

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Playing with a back five would be a mistake, especially if the player making up the five is Dier. He could put Walker there and play Trippier at right back.

Agreed. Stick to the 433, they play 4231 so there is no need for 3 centre backs. 

The bits I've seen Mbappe does most damage down the left (our right) so he won't come up against Maguire. England need to wrap Kyle Walker in cotton wool this week; he's our fastest defender 

No one's mentioned the threat posed by Giroud. He's now France's all time top scorer and knows his way round the penalty box. 

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 6

• Moderation Lead

I share the same concerns about France’s quick attackers as everyone else, but let’s remember also, that they’ve got three players injured in Pogba, Kante and Benzema that absolutely would be starting if fit. Their stand ins have done well enough obviously, but we’ve got players that can hurt them as well.

It should be a very close game.

• Like 5