BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Hull City (a) - 29/10/22

9 minutes ago, Tricky said:

Think we'll have a more festive look 

2012986297_Screenshot_20221029-141115_MyLineup.thumb.jpg.26f66c3a3584de8832f90e4051dec3c7.jpg

Could be this. Also could be something really weird like 343 with Pickering at LCB.

Have to say I don't understand at all why we are changing away from a formation that has won three games on the spin to one which has decidedly not (whether 343, 433 or 4231)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Could be this. Also could be something really weird like 343 with Pickering at LCB.

Have to say I don't understand at all why we are changing away from a formation that has won three games on the spin to one which has decidedly not (whether 343, 433 or 4231)

I guess he doesn't feel that Carter or Travis offer enough as a RWB to persist with the 3-5-2?

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt is a massive upgrade over moggadon,he does tinker like him though

He picks a team to win a game different to tinker man Mowbray who didn’t have a bloody clue at times 😅

Anyhow currently cruising up the Danube and hoping for a Rovers win

• Like 1

Maybe it’s just my early afternoon buzz, but I think JDT is superior to Mowbray when it comes to thinkering….in that JDT is more sensible. Don’t mind this squad at all and has enough quality to beat Hull despite Travis at right back.

Also good to see Garret and Carter on the bench. Well deserved if you ask me - rather than having out-of-form Buckly or Hirst there (remember Mowbray?). Makes me hopeful for the future despite the world burning and the World Cup right before christmas.

Now - 20 mins until kick-off and in a couple of hours I’ll hopefully be slightly drunk and very happy after a delightful win against Hull. COYB!!

11 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

The weak link in this team is Travis. In all honesty he’s been probably the weak link even when he’s played in the middle. 

He need stripping of his captaincy because that’s the only thing starting him in this 11.

Assuming it's a 4-2-3-1 today it's no surprise he's opted for Wharton and Morton as the 2 over Travis - he's not QUITE a good enough footballer to play there in that system when you're flying and looking to dominate games.

In a midfield 3 he provides much needed energy and steel though. 

I think he's fine at RB, btw, especially if we get on the front foot. 

43 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I reckon it's 4-2-3-1, which is what he's wanted to play all season, but hasn't had the players to.

According to Radio Lancs and Mark Atkins Rovers have lined up that way with Gallagher as the 9, BBD left, Dolan right and Szmodics as number 10

59 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

4-2-1-3 ? Two centre halves on the bench ? What’s happened to Hirst and Buckley ?

Gives JDT the option to switch to 3 at the back second half. 

Rovers are working on Hirst fitness as JDT said at the start of week due to no pre season games at Leicester. Buckley out of favour at the minute