BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Villa player

Cheers.

Quite a lot of interest in the championship by the looks. We'll do well to get him.

Also talk of a permanent move away but he has a few years left on his deal, so assume that would price us out. 

A loan with a fixed future fee (like we have with Hirst) might work 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

JDT is not going to settle for a quiet window, and nor should he. We've had some abysmal and even embarrassing performances under JDT, yet we're somehow third. We said it last season under Mowbray, but surely we have to learn our lesson from that - that we can't let the squad be and hope for the best. It definitely needs refreshing. Two or three signings that can hit the ground running would be a huge ask, but it'll be JDT's first full transfer window, and he should be backed. The league position is our positive so far. Let's follow it up and put our chips down.

Was it Bournmouth last season, that went crazy in the January transfer window, which ultimately took them up? 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Hasta said:

He means if you are good enough you don't need 5 transfer windows, a team of nerds and a 3 year project.

You can be good enough, doesnt mean the personel you inherit, is good enough to get you the results. Ill bet that if Pep or Mourinho had to coach Sam Gallagher, Mola, Hirst etc, that they would probably question themselves, as to whether they really are a good manager. 

This idea that a great manager, would automatically just rock up, and instantly turn a poor squad into winners overnight is a bit silly. Sometimes maybe, but in most cases it takes time and patience.. 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think we are going to spend that amount of money🤣

Thats not exactly what i meant. Im not expecting us to spend plenty. But what im getting at, is that we are in with a chance, so if there are players that JDT feels can take us home and secure our place, then i hope that he gets the support. We had a chance with Mowbray, and Venky's wasted that chance to cement a playoff spot. 

2 minutes ago, Iceman said:

You can be good enough, doesnt mean the personel you inherit, is good enough to get you the results. Ill bet that if Pep or Mourinho had to coach Sam Gallagher, Mola, Hirst etc, that they would probably question themselves, as to whether they really are a good manager. 

This idea that a great manager, would automatically just rock up, and instantly turn a poor squad into winners overnight is a bit silly. Sometimes maybe, but in most cases it takes time and patience.. 

I only explained what he meant by his post. I didn’t say it was my opinion.

However I would say JDT didn’t exactly “ rock up” and inherit Mola and Hirst now did he?

• Like 2

Just now, Hasta said:

I only explained what he meant by his post. I didn’t say it was my opinion.

However I would say JDT didn’t exactly “ rock up” and inherit Mola and Hirst now did he?

Did he have a say in the Mola or Hirst signings? When you hear him talk, he often refers to Greg, so its possible that he will work with what is given to him. He did rock up and inherit most of what Mowbray had, a squad that couldnt make 1 playoff in 5 years..

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Did he have a say in the Mola or Hirst signings? When you hear him talk, he often refers to Greg, so its possible that he will work with what is given to him. 

Rovers’ Director of Football Gregg Broughton said: “We are delighted to welcome George Hirst to Blackburn Rovers.

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him.

Therefore I’d say yes JDT had input.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Rovers’ Director of Football Gregg Broughton said: “We are delighted to welcome George Hirst to Blackburn Rovers.

“He has been our first choice recruitment target as a striker all summer and, considering Jon Dahl’s knowledge of the position, this shows just how highly we regard him.

Therefore I’d say yes JDT had input.

He also had an input in Hyam... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

He also had an input in Hyam... 

And Brittain.

And he deserves this window and the second half of the season before any major judgements are made on him.  As I said, I only explained the point to Chaddy.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

Random market research: can anyone that wants to help please DM me a list of Rovers transfer sources they look out for during the transfer window? 

I’m thinking Peter O’Rourke, Elliott Jackson, Rich Sharpe, Alan Nixon… is there anyone else people look out for (and/or believe)? 

Reading and listening to JDT's comments on transfers they might be movement shortly cos of injuries and players who want regular football. On Hirst and Mola sounds like it very possibly that both might go back to parent club. Can imagine both want to play more than they have here. So, maybe Rovers would allow it to happen if we bring in replacements. 

I doubt whether we will get Archer from Villa on loan. Expect PNE would be his first choice. We have been linked with Brighton striker Deniz Undav from Brighton a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if we can do a deal or if the interest is still there. I would look at Ryan Hardie from Plymouth. 6 months left on his contract. Bigger question do we want a squad striker who can impact of the bench or first choice striker to be our 9 striker for years to come. 

I see people asked for more creatively in the final third. Why not look at signing Todd Cantwell from Norwich. 6 months left on his contract. Cheap deal to be done there and you have BBD's replacement if he does leave in the summer already at the club. Another suggestion would be Jamal Lowe from Bournemouth. Maybe loan deal. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He may well not have had final input but under this structure that surely could reoccur therefore judging him after x transfer windows becomes pointless.

He has said publicly he has the final say whether a player joins or not Rovers. 

• Like 1

Think Gally does enough/is good enough to play a role as a striker for us. If I was in charge it would be an alternative/something different I would be buying. Feels like we only really have Dolan and Dack that offers something different. 

• Like 2

On 02/11/2022 at 17:41, Mashed Potatoes said:

It depends whether you think posts on this topic should be based around wishlists - regardless of budget- or reality, where the budget available to those making recruitment decisions drives those decisions.

Something in the Pele mould would improve goals for. On a serious note A classy winger is a must, we have to big lads up front in Gallagher and BBD. 

5 minutes ago, AJW said:

Very strange deal all round that one 

Not really - he can’t get into the Olympiacos team, can’t get into the Forest team and can only play for Blackpool under the “can’t play for more than two clubs in a season” rule. 

• Like 3