BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

9 minutes ago, roverandout said:

We've had some incredible strikers over the years. Going back 30 years, and yes some were past their prime but shearer, yorke Sutton, Cole, Fowler, Bellamy, dahlin, sukur, roque santa cruz, Mccarthy, Gallagher. Now we have players like hirst and Sam Gallagher 

We once had Jack Walker too and now we have some Indian people who probably had never heard of Blackburn 15 years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lraC said:

We once had Jack Walker too and now we have some Indian people who probably had never heard of Blackburn 15 years ago.

Even after Jack's money dried up after his death we attracted players like Mccarthy rsq Bellamy.  I know this league we can't attract that sort of player but it's sad what we have now compared to those days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

We've had some incredible strikers over the years. Going back 30 years, and yes some were past their prime but shearer, yorke Sutton, Cole, Fowler, Bellamy, dahlin, sukur, roque santa cruz, Mccarthy, Gallagher. Now we have players like hirst and Sam Gallagher 

The players you mention were premiership not the league lower. To be fair you need compare with the likes of Rhodes and Garner. You can also include Newell , Jansen and of course Speedie. In the same breath there were seasons in the 2nd division we had Tony Diamond and Shaun Curry up front.

Also to mention Dahlin who was nothing but a Crock.

Edited by dingles staying down 4ever
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

The players you mention were premiership not the league lower. To be fair you need compare with the likes of Rhodes and Garner. You can also include Newell , Jansen and of course Speedie. In the same breath there were seasons in the 2nd division we had Tony Diamond and Shaun Curry up front.

Also to mention Dahlin who was nothing but a Crock.

I did say some were past it. But he was a big name back in the 90s. I'm just trying to convey how many reputable forwards we had

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

Even after Jack's money dried up after his death we attracted players like Mccarthy rsq Bellamy.  I know this league we can't attract that sort of player but it's sad what we have now compared to those days

A big part of it was Mark Hughes. I don't think we would have got those players without him. Same with Souness bringing in Yorke and Cole.

Big name former players always have a great pull factor for signings. Got one now in JDT, albeit from outside the country. Wonder if he will magic up something from his connections. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

I suspect this is a pointless thread until January 30th...

We've got a dedicated director of football who has a staff and a background in bringing players in so I would be very surprised if we were not a bit more active than we have been in previous Januarys. But I suspect the players we will bring in will be folk very few have heard of. Loans from top league academies or some left field perm signings. 

• Backroom
19 hours ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I’m yet to be convinced by the championship manager approach to scouting but certainly see some merit in the data approach 

• Like 2

I’m astounded much like Kompany raiding City for players we’ve not been in for any AC Milan or Serie A youngsters considering that’s where JDT made his name. 

Luis Binks - English, Bologna, 21, Spurs Academy Graduate, left back/left centre back. 

Never seen him play, know nothing about him. Go get him on loan. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m astounded much like Kompany raiding City for players we’ve not been in for any AC Milan or Serie A youngsters considering that’s where JDT made his name. 

Luis Binks - English, Bologna, 21, Spurs Academy Graduate, left back/left centre back. 

We haven't used this tactic very well in recent times 

24 minutes ago, J*B said:

Grabbi says pay £7m for him.

6 hours ago, roverandout said:

Shearer is the best striker I've ever seen in a Rovers. then probably Roque Santa Cruz and then Matt Jansen/Mike Newell. 

You forgot about Yakubu 

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.png.5ee7da4ae5b5a4adf789ca59b98cd4c7.png

I wonder if its Hamer from Coventry. Could be overseas target maybe

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Real cutting edge journalism to say that we are scouting an unnamed player.

He will release the story in the morning as he always unless the Sun publish it on their website tonight