BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

Just now, davulsukur said:

Looks like Hirst is off to Ipswich then (as he's been spotted in the crowd, as per Chaddys post) 

He's been really poor here, we really need to hope that GB gets it right this time around.

I’m still not 100% this isn’t just a case of Hirst being in the area because we play Norwich tomorrow and opting to go to a game.

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m still not 100% this isn’t just a case of Hirst being in the area because we play Norwich tomorrow and opting to go to a game.

Surely, they generally stick together at the hotel. Would be a bit odd for George to randomly take himself off to Portman Road. Offski, I reckon.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Surely, they generally stick together at the hotel. Would be a bit odd for George to randomly take himself off to Portman Road. Offski, I reckon.

Here’s hoping. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, martonrover said:

jdt obviously has no use for him and who can blame him,a non scoring,non running and non shooting centre forward,who can`t trap a bag of sand,poor ipswich won`t solve their goal scoring problems with him in the side

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Rovers have chartered a flight for today to Norwich. If he was in the squad he wouldn't be allowed to travel independently and certainly not allowed to make his own way to Ipswich and back.

I’m going to open a nice bottle of red to celebrate. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Their fans on Twitter say he was in the directors box for the match. Even if he has sneaked off, I’m sure JDT wouldn’t have even noticed. It’s a shame it hasn’t worked out, he’ll always be remembered for that awful penalty miss away at Cardiff earlier in the season 🤢

i`ll remember him as being worse than chris brown😉

• Like 1

• Backroom

Hirst will probably be alright in L1. The quality of that league is a massive step down from this one, as we saw the last time we were there. Having gone to a few Ipswich matches this season it actually seems to have gotten worse somehow since then.

Hirst is only the answer for Ipswich for as long as they're in League 1 though. As soon as they're promoted he'll be out of his depth even as backup. 

• Like 1

I know it’s very unrealistic but if we could sell Brereton and replace him with Gykores I’d be well up for it. He’s a proper striker. Equally, Ross Stewart again today looked a brilliant number 9. 

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

I know it’s very unrealistic but if we could sell Brereton and replace him with Gykores I’d be well up for it. He’s a proper striker. Equally, Ross Stewart again today looked a brilliant number 9. 

be banging imo,unfortunately i think gykores is heading for the premier league,stewart is more realistic and would be great for us,is`nt he stalling on a contract???

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

be banging imo,unfortunately i think gykores is heading for the premier league,stewart is more realistic and would be great for us,is`nt he stalling on a contract???

He’s got 18 months left and I’m not entirely sure what we could offer him that Sunderland can’t given their gate revenue. 

Gyokores just hit the post again. I know they’re playing Wrexham but he does everything right. Not sure on a PL move, but could easily see him signing for Sheff United / Burnley in January to get them over the line or a team that gets relegated from the PL this season. 

• Like 1

Speaking of Coventry players, Hamer does everything right that a defensive midfielder should do. It’s a shame he isn’t very physically imposing, if he was he’d be a top player. 

• Like 3

Just now, J*B said:

He’s got 18 months left and I’m not entirely sure what we could offer him that Sunderland can’t given their gate revenue. 

Gyokores just hit the post again. I know they’re playing Wrexham but he does everything right. Not sure on a PL move, but could easily see him signing for Sheff United / Burnley in January to get them over the line or a team that gets relegated from the PL this season. 

wolves are apparently very interested,given coventry`s financial state there could well be a fire sale

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

wolves are apparently very interested,given coventry`s financial state there could well be a fire sale

Seems a gamble for Wolves. I’d want someone more established in their position. But I could definitely see him succeeded in the Prem. 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I just can’t imagine Sunderland selling unless it’s a ridiculous price, also surely we wouldn’t offer him more than what’s he’s on salary wise… Abit of a strange move if he came to us. Can see a PL club coming in for him, especially if he keeps scoring. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

Speaking of Coventry players, Hamer does everything right that a defensive midfielder should do. It’s a shame he isn’t very physically imposing, if he was he’d be a top player. 

He does something I’ve not seen from any of our central midfielders all season. He moves around the pitch literally pointing to players exactly where he wants the ball passing to him and when he receives it, he  either moves towards the opposition goal or makes a forward pass every single time.  

How Coventry have managed to sign these two is beyond me. Find that scout and hire them. 

2 minutes ago, pedrob2014 said:

Thought before today but having seen him score 2 would you take a punt on Windass.  

You see his turn before his first goal? Quality….I’ve never really watched him although I hear a lot about him. He’s having a very good game!

Edited by BankEnd Rover

49 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt obviously has no use for him and who can blame him,a non scoring,non running and non shooting centre forward,who can`t trap a bag of sand,poor ipswich won`t solve their goal scoring problems with him in the side

He might do okay again at that level. Certainly not a Championship level player.

• Like 1