BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

6 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Wonder if 'Browny' is being recalled to go elsewhere or to play a part with us? Never seen him play....

I've heard when he get's on the good foot he's decent, but he's poor on his weaker side. 

He's started less than half of mid-table Stockport's League Two games. Suspect we're bringing him back as cover for JRC who is cover for Brittain.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Wonder if 'Browny' is being recalled to go elsewhere or to play a part with us? Never seen him play....

I've heard when he get's on the good foot he's decent, but he's poor on his weaker side. 

Contrary to Roversfan99 I think he had a good game v Blues in the last game of last season

He was up against Onel Hernandez, who is a tricky player, but was kept quiet

Looked okay on the ball, good turn of pace and strong in the tackle

Probably isn't ready for regular Championship football and I suspect we will see him out on loan again, but could become a decent player

• Like 2

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Contrary to Roversfan99 I think he had a good game v Blues in the last game of last season

There were a few terrible moments from Brown in that game, particularly with ball control.

He'll be 25 in June, and the story of his season will have been struggling for proper game time in League Two. Just get rid. We've got better quality in our academy. It sounded like a pointless signing at the time, and so it's proven to be.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Typical Chicken Chokers, all smoke and mirrors. It like me asking you to go out and buy 1. me a new television. When you ask me “ how much can I spend” 2. - I say “ I don’t know, it all depends on wether I can sell my car “.

Crackers.

1. “Borrow a new TV”

2. ”Nowt”

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What is this obsession with a midfield enforcer? We need someone in there that can pass the ball - the reason why the 'playing out from the back' style is so maligned by a good portion of our fanbase is because our CMs don't consistently give the CBs an option. 

We literally need a Tugay. 

Because teams just walk through us in the middle.

We have Wharton, Morton, Buckley who can supposedly pass a ball, along with Dack further forward, if they can't then why are we signing them up to long contracts / playing a loanee every week.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rover23 said:

Don’t need to spend a lot of money in January. I’m sure the club have targets & also looking at players who they want in the summer who they could get in early. 

On top of that there are loads of quality players in the PL who aren’t getting game time - quite a few will become available towards the end of the window. 

Djed Spence - not had a kick for Spurs but tore the Championship apart from RB last season. 

Joe Gelhardt - not getting much game time at Leeds, they’ve just signed a new striker and linked with another £30m move. 

Sam Surridge - not playing at Forest, 7 goals in 20 games last season, including some appearances off the bench. 

The list goes on…

Unfortunately Rovers never sign or even loan proven players in the PL so it's just wishful thinking doomed to end in disappointment. 

51 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Not a pot to piss in unless we cash in on our star asset is my gist of matters.

Same old.

That was what I took from Broughton's last interview. He was asked about January signings and didn't sound overly enthused by the prospect. Based on how he was talking, it sounded like there wasn't much left of the budget.

JDT talking about one in, one out today and money difficulties. It's looking like a case of the same old, same old, right now.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He looked way out of his depth in that dead rubber v Birmingham.

It's mad how different people can see different games. Thought he defended well and looked sharp on the ball. If not good, he was at least average and for me far from out of his depth.

Edited by JoeH

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

That was what I took from Broughton's last interview. He was asked about January signings and didn't sound overly enthused by the prospect. Based on how he was talking, it sounded like there wasn't much left of the budget.

JDT talking about one in, one out today and money difficulties. It's looking like a case of the same old, same old, right now.

The Szmodic signing being the biggest failure. 

• Like 3

Anybody know anything about Hugo Vetlesen? A Norwegian central midfielder that plays for Bodo Glimt.

He is supposedly one of the players that GB spoke with last week, according to the same couple of people who claimed we had interviewed three potential signings.

I don't know how good he is or how realistic the move is, but the Bodo link makes it sound like a plausible rumour.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DE. said:

That and it puts paid to the idea we have any kind of 'model' that involves developing youngsters and then selling them on for big profit to further reinvest in the team to eventually achieve promotion in a sustainable way. If we're just going to let players' contracts run down, as happened with Nyambe, Lenihan, Rothwell and probably BBD, or sell them cheap as we did with the likes of Raya and Cairney, we might as well just buy players who are ready to impact the team now rather than players who take years to make their mark. If we end up making zero or barely above zero on them anyway then it doesn't really matter whether they're young, in their prime or in their twilight years. You'd just be aiming for players who can come in and do a job now if there's no serious plan to sell at the right time and reinvest the funds.

Armstrong is increasingly seeming like a one off rather than an example of what we're trying to do.

It's much worse than that with BBD of course, we aren't just making nothing on him - we are making an enormous loss, amongst the largest in our history.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goozburger said:

There were a few terrible moments from Brown in that game, particularly with ball control.

He'll be 25 in June, and the story of his season will have been struggling for proper game time in League Two. Just get rid. We've got better quality in our academy. It sounded like a pointless signing at the time, and so it's proven to be.

I don't think he is the answer, but I don't think he was 'way out of his depth' against Blues either. That's just my thoughts on it.

They put Chong on him early second half if I remember correctly, who got subbed quite quickly. Primarily Brown's job was to defend and he did so that game quite easily against two good wingers

But as you say, his age is against him and if he really has struggled in league 2 then it doesn't bode well.

• Like 1

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

It's much worse than that with BBD of course, we aren't just making nothing on him - we are making an enormous loss, amongst the largest in our history.

Well, yeah. When you think about what he cost and the outlay on his wages, bonuses etc over the past few years, even a £10m fee may actually technically be a loss for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lraC said:

The file might be a bit large. Try splitting into two different videos.

The file is well under the max size though which is what I've experienced before

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

We 'interview' players now? That's not how things are normally done in the game is it?

'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?'

'Fucking off on a free transfer when my contract expires.'

It is probably a good job that the players don't actually say what they really think, most of the time. It could put the fans who genuinely love their club, clean off them immediately.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Anybody know anything about Hugo Vetlesen? A Norwegian central midfielder that plays for Bodo Glimt.

He is supposedly one of the players that GB spoke with last week, according to the same couple of people who claimed we had interviewed three potential signings.

I don't know how good he is or how realistic the move is, but the Bodo link makes it sound like a plausible rumour.

If he's the lad I think he is, he scored the winner when they beat Roma. He caught my eye when they played Celtic and scored in both games against them too. Could be decent.

Edit: It is the same lad and he looks a player.

Edited by oldjamfan1
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Worth 4.5m, contact expires in December. Would cost a good few bob I bet... therefore I doubt it.

It's probably just a case of people putting 2 and 2 together, with the whole Broughton/Bodo link.