BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've always thought Edun is a handy squad player to have around although i don't like him starting at LB or LWB

His best games have been midfield and cameo appearances and in typical modern Rovers fashion he's never really had chance in his best position. As mentioned he's got some decent youth pedigree and i'd expect him to shine if he drops back down a division.

For those thinking it's good he goes i'm not sure there'll be an overwhelming replacement more like another young loanee or GB shoving another kid into the squad.

He's a L1 player.

Assuming they're paying his wages for 6 months with a view to moving him on for good in the summer this is a good piece of business. He's played 190 minutes in 6 months for a reason, he's simply not good enough for this level. 

45 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I've always thought Edun is a handy squad player to have around although i don't like him starting at LB or LWB

His best games have been midfield and cameo appearances and in typical modern Rovers fashion he's never really had chance in his best position. As mentioned he's got some decent youth pedigree and i'd expect him to shine if he drops back down a division.

For those thinking it's good he goes i'm not sure there'll be an overwhelming replacement more like another young loanee or GB shoving another kid into the squad.

Edun would be a cracking 5 a side player. A lot of energy, pace, ok technique. He just doesn't seem to understand the game and roams around in a clueless fashion. Always caught out of position.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I think a loans a good shout for him, but I don't thin he's finished at Rovers. I can see him having a good spell at Charlton and coming back into contention with us next season.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

You don't call playing in the championship at 15 unreal and actually bossing some games....🙈  would you care to display a list of similar achievements?

Well, he was 16 turning 17 not 15 for a start

Jude is an exceptional player, no doubt about it, but he wasn’t unreal at that time. He was always tipped for stardom though, and I suppose ‘unreal for his age’ is fair 

I think Morton has bossed some games as well, but has had a lot of naive performances also, as young players do 

I just don’t think it is out of the realms of reality a team like Dortmund is after Morton. They signed Sancho before he had a senior appearance and Morton will have a similar season to Bellingham at this level, providing he can add a goal or two, whilst also being part of a squad that is 3rd and not fighting relegation

Again, I caveat it knowing Jude is younger than him

I don’t have a list of similar achievements because I’m not a professional footballer. Remember that question the next time you start telling us you know 15 year olds who are better than lads playing pro footy in the Championship though 👍

Lastly, please stop using that monkey emoji, it is most unbefitting of a grown man

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think a loans a good shout for him, but I don't thin he's finished at Rovers. I can see him having a good spell at Charlton and coming back into contention with us next season.

I think he might be angling for a move back down there so if this goes through i reckon that'll be him done at Rovers.

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's a L1 player.

Assuming they're paying his wages for 6 months with a view to moving him on for good in the summer this is a good piece of business. He's played 190 minutes in 6 months for a reason, he's simply not good enough for this level. 

He's been a useful squad player and that is why he was here, we don't pay good championship players as back up.

• Backroom

Morton is decent enough, about 3.6 Roetgen, not great, not terrible.

On the Dortmund ‘links’ I recall Adam Henley being monitored by Real Madrid, he ended up at Real Salt Lake - then Chorley 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Jude Bellingham moved to Dortmund from a nearly relegated Blues, although he was younger than Morton is 

He did get young player of the season to be fair but that step up can be done

I wouldn’t have called Bellingham unreal at this level either, not at the time anyway

For a 16 year old he certainly was. Clubs were buying potential at that point and they knew it. Morton is of an age where he should have realised most of his by now. Bellingham, who now has 22 senior England caps, is still only 19 even now, Morton is 20. He has very nearly as many England caps as Morton has league appearances (most of them in the Championship). They really aren't comparable.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Edun isnt good enough and has looked out of his depth basically in every appearance. Glad hes going. We do need to be bringing in 2 or 3 to improve the starting 11.

We are shipping them out like its Amazon sale day. I hope the crack recruitment regiment have better replacements ready to come in. All we need are a few continental imports with work permit issues for a few months. 

Our squad is getting thinner than a Walls Neapolitan wafer. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/blackburns-tayo-edun-close-to-charlton-athletic-loan-move/

Look at Edun’s pedigree. What do we do to these people?

He was clearly signed as a 'utility man', Mowbray loved players who could (in theory) cover a number of positions.

The problem with that type of players is they're unlikely to excel in one particular position and the fact they're not permanent fixtures in the team makes it difficult for them to settle in properly and improve.

I think he'd be a decent player for a lower half championship team if he's getting picked week in week out.

• Like 3

I think Wharton Is more comparable to Bellingham.  Both exceptional young players.  If I was dortmund I would be more inclined to look at him. Obviously I hope they don't. Morton is a good solid passer of the ball but lacks physicality to play in a rough and tumble league.  Wharton on the other hand looks better dealing with the press.

7 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

We are shipping them out like its Amazon sale day. I hope the crack recruitment regiment have better replacements ready to come in. All we need are a few continental imports with work permit issues for a few months. 

Our squad is getting thinner than a Walls Neapolitan wafer. 

Does seem curious - that's five out the door now, right? Hirst, Mola, Edun, Brown and Annesley.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Source?

9 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

A few of their fans have been putting his name forward as an ideal signing and a possible replacement for Enzo Fernandez (linked with Chelsea), but that's about it.

That's all it was - a widespread clamouring of their online fanbase to sign Vetlesen. I'm not sure where the Rovers link to Vetlesen came from, but it's out of financial reach from what I've read.

If fans of a perennial Champions League club are suggesting him as a signing, then we have no chance.

I see this in almost every transfer window. We get innocuously linked with a player out of our league, and then fans get upset when all we can actually afford is a PL youth loan with stipulations, as opposed to a player that will cost several million Euros and is probably monitored by bigger clubs. The expectations rarely match the reality of the situation.

Sharpe suggesting van Hecke can't move to Feyenoord on loan this month due to FIFA rules, and that a move probably won't materialise. He's out of contract in summer, but the expectation is that he'll sign a new deal at Brighton.

Would still really like to see this guy back at Rovers!

However, Jackson is suggesting that the club's priority is a forward and a midfielder. For our immediate needs, I suppose that's where the money needs to be channelled.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 2

Just now, goozburger said:

Sharpe suggesting van Hecke can't move to Feyenoord on loan this month due to FIFA rules, and that a move probably won't materialise. He's out of contract in summer, but the expectation is that he'll sign a new deal at Brighton.

Would still really like to see this guy back at Rovers!

If i was Van Hecke, i would think very long about signing a new deal at Brighton. The guy is too good to be riding a bench, even if its for a PL team. He can do better 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, goozburger said:

That's all it was - a widespread clamouring of their online fanbase to sign Vetlesen. I'm not sure where the Rovers link to Vetlesen came from, but it's out of financial reach from what I've read.

If fans of a perennial Champions League club are suggesting him as a signing, then we have no chance.

I see this in almost every transfer window. We get innocuously linked with a player out of our league, and then fans get upset when all we can actually afford is a PL youth loan with stipulations, as opposed to a player that will cost several million Euros and is probably monitored by bigger clubs. The expectations rarely match the reality of the situation.

So based on that you went on to write this:

"For those getting their hopes up about Hugo Vetlesen, forget it. He's being linked with clubs like Benfica, and even then, he's well out of our price range."

I agree with you that he's probably out of our price range but:

1) If BBD leaves we'll have enough funds to cover the fee

2) According to @glen9mullanthere's a 'secret' war chest for marquee signings, like Jordan Rhodes or BBD.

I think Evjen would be more realistic and more likely a bigger gamble, but also someone who could come here and re-ignite his career and really become a player for us for a couple of seasons.