BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Fair play to you for keep on trying but as the latest response shows you can only debate with someone that has actual comprehension and reasoning skills.

Thanks. I'm not sure if it's willfully missing my points or lack of understanding.

I'd be very disappointed if it was the former, what would be the point on going on a mb in that case? 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m currently 4 minutes into ‘The ASD Podcast’ and the guest is none other than Gregg Broughton: 

He’s currently talking about how we signed Morton because he felt we needed a short term solution to midfield because we have Travis and Buckley established with Garrett and Wharton coming through rather than a ‘27 year old on a three year deal that would be expensive’. 

So that puts Hamer to bed as an option. 

You've hit the nail on the head.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m currently 4 minutes into ‘The ASD Podcast’ and the guest is none other than Gregg Broughton: 

He’s currently talking about how we signed Morton because he felt we needed a short term solution to midfield because we have Travis and Buckley established with Garrett and Wharton coming through rather than a ‘27 year old on a three year deal that would be expensive’. 

Good grief! and there are some who seem to view Broughton as the second coming.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Gregg comes across so well... and I agree with everything he says tbh. What's the point in signing experienced players to block areas of the team where we have a lot of young talent (such as centre mid for us).

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said that is the past and and not relevant to the current footballing management team in place at Rovers. I'm not talking CEO level but director of Football Gregg Broughton, head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson and head of recruitment Gus Williams who have been appointed in the last 6 months plus some new recruitment staff where decisions are made within the budget who to sign. 

Could you answer my analogy question please? The one about the Warehouse. 

For me two new players in the right positions would make a huge difference.

Firstly a central midfielder. Not another 5’7” er who runs around achieving very little and regularly losing possession. I’ve had enough of that. No, we need a solid 6 footer. Someone who does the hard graft. Someone who the opposition can’t easily by pass - and someone who can just give the ball to one of his team mates. A Nzonzi type player, or Graeme Oates kind of midfielder.

Then we desperately need someone who can play the central striker role. Goal scorers cost the kind of money we don’t currently have but he doesn’t necessarily need to score 20 goals before the end of the season. As long as he could link the play and still pose a threat. For me he would be someone who’s done the job. Doesn’t matter if it was loan or permanent.

I reckon that would strengthen us greatly.

That’s what I would try to do. We supposedly now have staff with the ability to recognise our needs and target the right players. I get the impression that they don’t know what they’re doing any more than anyone else over the last decade or so.

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Thanks. I'm not sure if it's willfully missing my points or lack of understanding.

I'd be very disappointed if it was the former, what would be the point on going on a mb in that case? 

I read this post first, then went backwards to find out who it was in regards to. But truthfully, I already knew it would be Chaddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I will give this listen lately tonight. Seems a good listen to what you are saying

39 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Could you answer my analogy question please? The one about the Warehouse. 

no thanks. I have gave my opinion on the topic of Rovers and how I think you forget the past and what has happen. Our new Footballing management people should be judge on what they do in this window and future windows not on the past or the owners. We have very different ways of looking at this point.  

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

JDT: "I know we’ve been linked with a lot of players, 80% are not true. I smile when I read it. We don’t have the finances like clubs around us, but I've said before, we should never waste a window, it’s an opportunity to become better and move in the right direction."

20% is a pretty good hit ratio! Wonder who is in the 20%? Based on the money factor, I'd wager Vetlesen isn't one.

jdt sounds like bobby saxton on the issue of finances,only difference now is we have billionaire owners and not bill fox,no disrespect  to bill because we truly were skint in the 80`s he did a great job of keeping us healthy while burnley,pne and bolton were floundering in the bottom division,in twelve years of venkys none of us have figured out why they bought a premier league club and destroyed it

• Like 2

Still no joined up thinking or any thought put into what is best for the here and now.

Broughton seems to have only extended this with talk of targets for minutes for academy graduates and blocking pathways. The primary focus has to be the here and now, you can't dismiss what we need now in case it reduces the minutes for younger players, if they are good enough now they will stay a part of it, with loans an option if they aren't ready.

It's all about value but it is all undermined anyway when our owners insist on players leaving for free.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Hamer would be my number one ‘realistic’ target, I’ve posted it before. It’s a shame he’s so small (5 ft 7) because if he was 6 ft 2 he would have everything. 

He isn't realistic, he has been one of the best midfielders at this level for the last couple of years. He would cost too much, he would have bigger suitors should he become available and I would question whether he would come.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

what are his personal issues? 

Cantwell for me

right thing to do. You don't tell everyone your budget in public. Downplayed the budget is right. Keep prices low for us. agents don't over ask on personal terms

He missed games last season for personal reasons and Wagner mentioned the problems again in his press conference today.

He has talent but he hasn't performed since an initial bright spell and seems troubled, thankfully the rumours seem to be shit.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I will give this listen lately tonight. Seems a good listen to what you are saying

no thanks. I have gave my opinion on the topic of Rovers and how I think you forget the past and what has happen. Our new Footballing management people should be judge on what they do in this window and future windows not on the past or the owners. We have very different ways of looking at this point.  

Have Venkys gone?

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Good grief! and there are some who seem to view Broughton as the second coming.

It all adds up:-

'Jesus Saves' - always loved his football.

You'd want to work at the home of football. 

You'd want to work at the best club at the home of football.

You'd want complete control over football matters at the best club at the home of football.

You'd have the power to create said role at a club where it's never been available before. 

On track to lead us back to the 'promised land' of the EPL. 

I once saw him walk over to the River Darwen, fill up an empty wine bottle, bless it,  return and hand it to  a bloke called Mercer who I overheard comment on it's 'wonderful bouquet'.

He's very good friends with Victor Moses.

I'm amazed there are some that don't view him as the Second Coming. Doesn't fit the narrative though does it....pfft. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

33 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

It all adds up:-

'Jesus Saves' - always loved his football.

You'd want to work at the home of football. 

You'd want to work at the best club at the home of football.

You'd want complete control over football matters at the best club at the home of football.

You'd have the power to create said role at a club where it's never been available before. 

On track to lead us back to the 'promised land' of the EPL. 

I once saw him walk over to the River Darwen, fill up an empty wine bottle, bless it,  return and hand it to  a bloke called Mercer who I overheard comment on it's 'wonderful bouquet'.

He's very good friends with Victor Moses.

I'm amazed there are some that don't view him as the Second Coming. Doesn't fit the narrative though does it....pfft. 

Paul Senior, anyone?

Listen, I hope he turns out to be the Messiah, but bigging up Travis and Buckley as “established” players and a reason for only signing kids on loan in midfield doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He missed games last season for personal reasons and Wagner mentioned the problems again in his press conference today.

He has talent but he hasn't performed since an initial bright spell and seems troubled, thankfully the rumours seem to be shit.

So what are these personal reasons why he has been missing games for then? 

I would sign him as I think JDT would bring the best out of him and get him back to previous form. 

58 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have Venkys gone?

what's your point here? please elaborate thanks 

2 hours ago, den said:

For me two new players in the right positions would make a huge difference.

Firstly a central midfielder. Not another 5’7” er who runs around achieving very little and regularly losing possession. I’ve had enough of that. No, we need a solid 6 footer. Someone who does the hard graft. Someone who the opposition can’t easily by pass - and someone who can just give the ball to one of his team mates. A Nzonzi type player, or Graeme Oates kind of midfielder.

Then we desperately need someone who can play the central striker role. Goal scorers cost the kind of money we don’t currently have but he doesn’t necessarily need to score 20 goals before the end of the season. As long as he could link the play and still pose a threat. For me he would be someone who’s done the job. Doesn’t matter if it was loan or permanent.

I reckon that would strengthen us greatly.

That’s what I would try to do. We supposedly now have staff with the ability to recognise our needs and target the right players. I get the impression that they don’t know what they’re doing any more than anyone else over the last decade or so.

A Nicky Reid would do in midfield, not the tallest, ran around a lot, not a great passer and rarely scored or assisted 

but

He was solid as a rock, won his tackles and picked 2nd balls and gave them to the guys who could do something with them. That's what we need when we haven't got a budget to do better.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Hugely impressive interview that - I'm delighted we've finally got a long-term plan for the club. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

A Nicky Reid would do in midfield, not the tallest, ran around a lot, not a great passer and rarely scored or assisted 

but

He was solid as a rock, won his tackles and picked 2nd balls and gave them to the guys who could do something with them. That's what we need when we haven't got a budget to do better.

Nicky Reid was everything that Travis should be.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Hugely impressive interview that - I'm delighted we've finally got a long-term plan for the club. 

I think Gregg could do a lot worse than communicate with fans through a fan-led platform…

…send me a DM, Gregg. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

but

And now he’s a landlord in Chorley 🤣

• Like 1