BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

21 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Sounds about right. We wouldn’t want to undermine the “established” Gallagher and Vale by signing an experienced striker.

"However, he is yet to register a goal in the league" sounds perfect.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Heard something….

Not really, only the same rumours and articles every one else with Twitter has seen. But it would make sense, he would replace Hirst well. 

I think we will loan him and sign another from Europe. Probably from a relatively big club in a smaller league: Belgium, Holland, Turkey. Something like that. 

51 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/21045510/leeds-gelhardt-blackburn-loan-transfer-fa-cup-cardiff/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunsporttwitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1673721485

Probably nonsense based on the source who again has linked the player to numerous clubs. Talented player but nothing would say owner ambition like a loanee with 3 career goals.

Strange he's bring Kilkenny back up when it's been denied by everyone including Sharpe. 

• Backroom
11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Not really, only the same rumours and articles every one else with Twitter has seen. But it would make sense, he would replace Hirst well. 

I think we will loan him and sign another from Europe. Probably from a relatively big club in a smaller league: Belgium, Holland, Turkey. Something like that. 

Someone like Mees Hoedemakers in midfield would be perfect.

9 hours ago, booth said:

"However, he is yet to register a goal in the league" sounds perfect.

He has scored for Leeds, 2 goals in the PL 21/22 season. Plus 6 assists in all 

He came on yesterday v Villa. He's made quite a lot of appearances over the past 2 seasons, usually as a sub.

I've seen him a few times, not tall but looks and plays like an actual footballer and is better than Vale or Gallagher.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 5

• Backroom

Make no mistake, while not a priority, I would absolutely take Porteous for a fee of less than £1m.

That would be a genuinely amazing signing imo. Perhaps some intent on returning to 3 cbs? Or prep for Ayala leaving maybe?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Make no mistake, while not a priority, I would absolutely take Porteous for a fee of less than £1m.

That would be a genuinely amazing signing imo. Perhaps some intent on returning to 3 cbs? Or prep for Ayala leaving maybe?

Prep for Ayala leaving is sensible (although if Wharton, Carter and Phillips kick on might not really be necessary), but if we are signing a CB from 'abroad' with 6 months on their deal, I'd rather pay no fee at all and sign him for the summer. Ayala is still here now and another CB would leave us crowded there. Unless we have an interested party in bidding for Ayala though.

Even then, just sign him to a pre-contract and then once it's sealed you can still offer to expedite the deal to now, at which point they'd likely take an even smaller offer.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Prep for Ayala leaving is sensible (although if Wharton, Carter and Phillips kick on might not really be necessary), but if we are signing a CB from 'abroad' with 6 months on their deal, I'd rather pay no fee at all and sign him for the summer. Ayala is still here now and another CB would leave us crowded there. Unless we have an interested party in bidding for Ayala though.

Even then, just sign him to a pre-contract and then once it's sealed you can still offer to expedite the deal to now, at which point they'd likely take an even smaller offer.

I think that's what other clubs are trying to arrange (Udinese, I think?), so bidding for him outright may be how we get our man.