BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I get the fact that he shouldnt be written off, one at best average but difficult transfer window in. But on the flip side, why do you (and others) have seemingly ultimate faith? 

For me, I am still in the middle.

I don’t have ultimate faith. Just glad there is what seems a plan in place and we are working towards that. Got to have a plan in place otherwise we will get no where.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

he’s working from the owners strategic plan. To be a sustainable premiership club. You are only getting that through using the academy that we will be paying soon around 4 million for per year and buying young players to develop.

How is a midfield of 18/19/20 year olds going to get you out of the Championship and established in the Premier League?

• Like 8

It’s not, not immediately. Once you develop the said 18/19/20 year olds. Then you stand a chance. 

The minute they’re any good big clubs come in for them, then they’re off and it’s back to square one. Brentford pulled it of because their scouting system is second to none and they could identify replacements. We don’t have that system in place.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

An established Premier League club.

You honestly believe that? 

Got to dream big, why not?

we don’t have the cash to buy our way out of the championship, only way to do it is to develop young players thus developing the team and then if you get a big offer re invest some of that money into the team.

Yea the reinvestment part hasn’t happened previously but I’m hoping moving forward, a decent sum from a player will be reinvested back into the squad.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The minute they’re any good big clubs come in for them, then they’re off and it’s back to square one. Brentford pulled it of because their scouting system is second to none and they could identify replacements. We don’t have that system in place.

that’s when you reinvest the money back into squad. Not all the money but some of it in order to buy equally good young players.

we have the system in place now? The recruitment department is fully staffed. 

It has to be a blend, you can’t get of out of this league with a team full of ‘development players’, it’s as simple as that.

But as GB is in on record saying he won’t bring in experience in midfield, this ‘established PL club’ mantra is just platitudes and not something the club is actually pursuing.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It has to be a blend, you can’t get of out of this league with a team full of ‘development players’, it’s as simple as that.

But as GB is in on record saying he won’t bring in experience in midfield, this ‘established PL club’ mantra is just platitudes and not something the club is actually pursuing.

I agree it does need to be a blend. Once the development players get developed they won’t be development players. 

The club is actually pursuing it. It’s a long term goal. 

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

It didn’t take them long to destroy a sustainable premier league club. I wouldn’t get too excited about any supposed plans they have to achieve it again over a decade later.

I’d be amazed if there is anything resembling a plan. It’s just empty words. I’d be astounded if those words had originated from any of those three morons in Pune.

I think there is a plan, don’t think it has come from the owners. They just want to stop leaking money. Only way to do that is to become sustainable. 

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Fully staffed by the experts that signed Hirst.

Could say the same when Chelsea bought Lukaku back for 90 million and he’s was terrible.

I think there is a plan, don’t think it has come from the owners. They just want to stop leaking money. Only way to do that is to become sustainable. 

Could say the same when Chelsea bought Lukaku back for 90 million and he’s was terrible.

How many Premier League goals had Lukaku scored when Chelsea signed him ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Why does anyone have any faith in Broughton? 

Seems like (another) overpaid BS merchant based on performance to date.

That's incredibly unfair. 

It's clear that we were running a skeleton crew under Mowbray with Venus and Park the only two others involved with transfers. Broughton has had to come in and appoint a raft of people to get those departments looking anything like.

This is a big window for him.

• Like 2

My great plan although no one asked.

Gelhardt in , vale out on loan
Porteous in ,  carter out on loan
Vetlesen in , a.wharton out on loan

Diaz will leave for free in summer no matter what.  So if possible we should be looking for a replacement but if one does not materialise I think this would improve the spine of the team a lot

Edited by CambridgeRover

3 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

I agree it does need to be a blend. Once the development players get developed they won’t be development players. 

The club is actually pursuing it. It’s a long term goal. 

Why because GB says so in interviews? Come on Callum, its just the same stuff any club in this league’s hierarchy comes out with. Means nothing.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

That's incredibly unfair. 

It's clear that we were running a skeleton crew under Mowbray with Venus and Park the only two others involved with transfers. Broughton has had to come in and appoint a raft of people to get those departments looking anything like.

This is a big window for him.

Sounds like RevidgeBlue would like to throw him through it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many Premier League goals had Lukaku scored when Chelsea signed him ?

A lot, so that’s goes to show you can do all the scouting in the world but sometimes they just don’t fit. 

I’m sure we scouted and got all the data on hirst but for whatever reason he didn’t fit the club/ team - it happens.

• Like 1