BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

10 hours ago, SoldierMo said:

Why dont we as fans voice and call out Waggott?

It would be a pointless exercise. Because while Waggot is reaching his set annual targets (mainly through season ticket sales) , he doesn't give a toss what we say or think.

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

It would be a pointless exercise. Because while Waggot is reaching his set annual targets (mainly through season ticket sales) , he doesn't give a toss what we say or think.

Is there anybody at Blackburn Rovers that gives a toss what we say or think ? Anybody ?  Then they wonder why people have voted with their feet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nothing in it from our perspective however I’m seeing a lot of Nobbers saying there’s interest in Whiteman.

He is the exact type of player we need in our midfield.

Exactly. That type of player, just a better version, is what we need.

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Nothing in it from our perspective however I’m seeing a lot of Nobbers saying there’s interest in Whiteman.

He is the exact type of player we need in our midfield.

I look at any potential signing like this - “ Is the player in question any better than what already have ? “  In Whitemans  case I think he is. Certainly he’s better than Morton who I would expect to be replaced by him. He either drops onto the bench or goes back to Liverpool. I was less than impressed with Morton , he doesn’t do enough often enough for a central midfield player. He gives me the impression that he’s playing within himself. Just doing enough not to get dropped.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

That was some deal for Hirst. He was our number one target, we paid tens of thousands for him to contribute nothing (apart from missing a penalty), generally warm the bench, didn't score and we send him back six months early because he is crap. 

Well done Greg.

How much actual scouting was done on that lad i wonder beyond just looking at stats ?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I look at any potential signing like this - “ Is the player in question any better than what already have ? “  In Whitemans  case I think he is. Certainly he’s better than Morton who I would expect to be replaced by him. He either drops onto the bench or goes back to Liverpool. I was less than impressed with Morton , he doesn’t do enough often enough for a central midfield player. He gives me the impression that he’s playing within himself. Just doing enough not to get dropped.

I get the same feel, however then you have to look at the players around him…Garrett, Travis & Buckley, I do rate Buckley the most out of them all which a lot won’t agree…

I’ve seen Morton play off Dack quite well which does tell you if we had more quality around he would produce better results. 

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Buckley, Morton, Garrett & Trav in that order. The top 2 I would have in my middle, if we don’t get anyone else, for the remainder of the season.

As the Irishman said when asked for directions - “ Well  I wouldn’t start from here “.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I don't know why we bother anymore... If the owners and board dont care, why should we? Club is a mess, and i dont really care what anybody thinks, Venkys Out it has to be.. 

Looks like things are progressing with transfers but it’s a case if we can sign and how quickly. 
If we get Gelhardt in, which it states won’t be until they play Cardiff on Wednesday, then we need him before & starting against Bristol, no excuses.

A part of me thinks, like the norm, that that deal will fall through…I can see him going Sunderland.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Looks like things are progressing with transfers but it’s a case if we can sign and how quickly. 
If we get Gelhardt in, which it states won’t be until they play Cardiff on Wednesday, then we need him before & starting against Bristol, no excuses.

A part of me thinks, like the norm, that that deal will fall through…I can see him going Sunderland.

It works from a Geographic perspective, the lad is from Wigan and is still young.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Quite…let’s write copious amounts of non transfer content and then blame Greg Broughton for getting to “200 pages without a signing” 

No, let's blame the fans for not inventing non-existent transfer talk---as usual.

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, superniko said:

Morton has started nearly every game (think he has the most starts this season outside of Kaminski and maybe BBD), yet has yielded just 1 paltry assist and 0 goals, that's nearly 2000 minutes of football.

We simply must do better, I could see him as a luxury in a top team that dominates possession and has 6 creative players ahead of him. But we are not that. He slows down play, has no physical attributes (speed, strength, power) and has very little attacking creativity. I'm yet to see him carve a killer pass (see Adam Wharton vs Hull). It's always just the simple sideways 5 yarder, or a long over the top chaser.

1 assist/goal all season from the most played central midfielder in a team has to be the lowest in the whole league.

This is what I’ve been wanting to kind of input on this board but I sometimes find it hard to explain in writing ha

Accurate & good post Superniko. 

20 minutes ago, superniko said:

Morton has started nearly every game (think he has the most starts this season outside of Kaminski and maybe BBD), yet has yielded just 1 paltry assist and 0 goals, that's nearly 2000 minutes of football.

We simply must do better, I could see him as a luxury in a top team that dominates possession and has 6 creative players ahead of him. But we are not that. He slows down play, has no physical attributes (speed, strength, power) and has very little attacking creativity. I'm yet to see him carve a killer pass (see Adam Wharton vs Hull). It's always just the simple sideways 5 yarder, or a long over the top chaser.

1 assist/goal all season from the most played central midfielder in a team has to be the lowest in the whole league.

Didn't realise these statistics were so poor. He is definitely used as the quarter back at the moment but as you've said here he lacks so much physically that he isn't able to imprint himself on a game. So often his passes are so deep he is unlikely to ever get an assist unless someone goes on a mazy run. His technical skills are undoubted but the physicality is definitely his Achilles. 

I'm a big, big fan of Buckley (mainly because my young son thinks he's a hero) but when he was in the side before his sending off he looked like he was starting to show his craft. His return this Saturday will be key IMHO.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Buckley, Morton, Garrett & Trav in that order. The top 2 I would have in my middle, if we don’t get anyone else, for the remainder of the season.

I'd drop Morton for a game (if we are allowed to by the loan terms, which I doubt) and start Buckley and Adam Wharton. I suspect we will improve. If not we can always bring Morton on from the bench.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, superniko said:

Yup.... especially since tactically we are all about through balls, and he takes all our set pieces. Needs to have a rest. But I think Liverpool have agreed he has to play every Championship game when fit.

• Like 1

Looks as though there is something in the Gelhardt talk.

Looks great on YouTube videos - don’t they all! But he does appear to be very technically proficient. His goal scoring stats don’t make for great reading, but I’m presuming a lot of his appearances are going to have come off the bench, plus no team is going to loan out a player who is scoring regularly. Hopeful optimism rather than hysteria, although the fact other clubs appear to be in for him puts us at a disadvantage… we always dither.

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

I'd drop Morton for a game (if we are allowed to by the loan terms, which I doubt) and start Buckley and Adam Wharton. I suspect we will improve. If not we can always bring Morton on from the bench.

Sorry I completely missed A Wharton from my list. I would have him & Buckley when fit!

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Looks as though there is something in the Gelhardt talk.

Looks great on YouTube videos - don’t they all! But he does appear to be very technically proficient. His goal scoring stats don’t make for great reading, but I’m presuming a lot of his appearances are going to have come off the bench, plus no team is going to loan out a player who is scoring regularly. Hopeful optimism rather than hysteria, although the fact other clubs appear to be in for him puts us at a disadvantage… we always dither.

I think there is a good chance he goes back to Wigan. Maybe the hero of keeping them up is one for the CV. He lives there, knows the club…

You could say the same for us about getting us promoted “we wish”…Will he be a guaranteed starter for us? I would but would JDT think the same? 

Edited by BankEnd Rover