BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

19 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Pretty much! With teams like Udinese interested, our chances of landing Porteous are close to zero i'd assume.

This part I found interesting;

"Leeds United attacker Joe Gelhardt is a live target, although it is understood that he isn’t currently the No.1 option, with other deals in the works which have so far remained under the radar."

We'll drag our feet with Gelhardt, and miss out on him... great.

I wonder who this "No.1 option" could be? Considering George Hirst was previously that, my expectations are low... let's just hope they get it right this time.

Hirstey's coming home. 

This Leeds lad what pedigree for goals does he have at any level in recent times ?

Or is he just another Hirst ?

A Leeds fan told me he runs around a lot, well so does Jack Vale but we need someone who'll at least try and have a pop in and around the box.  Is it really wise to be paying 10/12 grand a week just to let other clubs players run around in our team, not exactly investment is it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This Leeds lad what pedigree for goals does he have at any level in recent times ?

Or is he just another Hirst ?

A Leeds fan told me he runs around a lot, well so does Jack Vale but we need someone who'll at least try and have a pop in and around the box.  Is it really wise to be paying 10/12 grand a week just to let other clubs players run around in our team, not exactly investment is it.

He's not 1st choice according to Sharpe so hopefully they have a decent striker lined up who can finish the few chances we create. 

20 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's not 1st choice according to Sharpe so hopefully they have a decent striker lined up who can finish the few chances we create. 

I'd like to see some fresh blood but some of these names people seem to clamour for are just signings for signings sake imo.

Where is the PLAN ?

Why isn't it to improve the team now whilst we are in a good position rather than just puff it out with bodies. False economy pissing money down the drain paying big wage contributions to Prem teams kids when they have no real pedigree other than a contract at a bigger club.

Surely there must be a few more seasoned forwards with a bit more experience who'd come and have a go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

I'd like to see some fresh blood but some of these names people seem to clamour for are just signings for signings sake imo.

Where is the PLAN ?

Why isn't it to improve the team now whilst we are in a good position rather than just puff it out with bodies. False economy pissing money down the drain paying big wage contributions to Prem teams kids when they have no real pedigree other than a contract at a bigger club.

Surely there must be a few more seasoned forwards with a bit more experience who'd come and have a go.

Undav does fit the bill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

The 8 million pound gamble fails dramatically. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. 

That's been talked about for over a year now so no real surprise and no big deal.

If we weren't going to sell him for 15 million then there was never much point really. Why don't we accept we are stlll 3rd this season because of his goals contribution and it was a large part of finishing 8th last season.

No gamble there at all unless we turned down double figures which we never did but i suppose we'd all have been really over the moon now if we'd got rid and were sat 15th.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Undav does fit the bill.

Indeed but if we miss him which is highly likely then option B is the Leeds kid ?

That's quite a swing and lets be honest the option B more fits how we operate so i'd say it's far more likely.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

What is he and what are we trying to do? What do you not like about him? I dont recall seeing him so what type of defender is he and where would you rank him in the pecking order of Hyam, Ayala, Wharton and Phillips?

Doubt its based on ROI, we prefer to let assets run their contracts down.

He's head it and kick it. He's a younger Dan Ayala. Very good box defender who can handle the physicality well and lead a team. Whereas I think to progress under JDT, we need to be able to play out of the back. We need Tosin's, to slot in alongside Hyam's or Ayala's (who we already have enough of).

He probably goes alongside Ayala in a pecking order, perhaps with no Champ experience initially just below. More physical and rough than Wharton but then Wharton has that left footedness that is like gold dust at the minute.

Just now, JoeH said:

He's head it and kick it. He's a younger Dan Ayala. Very good box defender who can handle the physicality well and lead a team. Whereas I think to progress under JDT, we need to be able to play out of the back. We need Tosin's, to slot in alongside Hyam's or Ayala's (who we already have enough of).

He probably goes alongside Ayala in a pecking order, perhaps with no Champ experience initially just below. More physical and rough than Wharton but then Wharton has that left footedness that is like gold dust at the minute.

“ Physical and rough “ has got more chance of getting you out of this division than “ playing out from the back “ unless we have £20 million to chuck at real footballers that are capable of doing it.

• Like 5

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ Physical and rough “ has got more chance of getting you out of this division than “ playing out from the back “ unless we have £20 million to chuck at real footballers that are capable of doing it.

I'm not saying I disagree, but neither of our opinions are relevant. The manager wants to play out, invite teams on and be expansive and risk taking. Porteous doesn't improve our ability to do that.

8 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Undav does fit the bill.

Had a look at the dreaded You Tube highlights.... seems to score mostly on the break, seems to be someone who can find a bit of space. He's also only 5ft 9. I know its a bit reductive to just say we need strikers who are over six feet. But I would be much happier if it was someone who can beat a centre back in the air in a congested box. Doesn't look like someone who can be a plan B if the opposition are sitting deep.