BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

26 minutes ago, superniko said:

F*ck me. Free transfers or loans then.

What. A. Club

In fairness he meant players coming out of contract at the end of the season which we would still have to pay a fee for if they are to sign this month and every single club in the championship uses the loan market to be fair 

One thing I don't understand if it is true that the owners may sign off on a special case signing going outside the budget why isn't such a player being identified and request made to the owners for the second season running we find ourselves in a play off position in January and it looks like we are bargain shopping again .

The championship isn't always going to be this weak these opportunities to finish in top 6 where anything can happen in the playoffs won't come as easy 

Iv changed my mind over Brererton aswell if we get a fee for him this month and it can be reinvested I'd take it.His form has dipped a little,a new baby and the prospect of him already having signed a pre contract at another club he has a lot of things to be dealing with or thinking about other than Rovers.

Last season Thomas was excellent,even earlier In the season he was one of the only sparks Huddersfield had if we get that Thomas we have a better chance of making the top 6 imo.It just looks like him and the new manager didn't see eye to eye.He will have a point to prove and the fact he went down to non league and got back up says a bit about his character.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't think you'll see BBD giving it too much, a big contract to risk by giving 110% and sustaining an injury.

He hasn't been giving it much for a while now.

Rovers have had his best .... 6 months.

I wish him well, a good guy, but he's an ex now and I've no fondness for those ....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I don't think you'll see BBD giving it too much, a big contract to risk by giving 110% and sustaining an injury.

The precontract thing is the worst possible outcome for Rovers.  No money and a disinterested player for 6 months. 

You can say he's professional all you want but there's no way he'll be putting his body on the line.  No slight on him, just a natural thing to do in his position.  

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

Can we not sign some proven players instead of taking on more kids?

I'd like to see someone like Obafemi sign.  any news on whether Van HEcke might come back?  Ayala cant play out from the back but I'd like him to stay all the same

Nixon reckons Burnley are buying Obafemi for £3 million.

29 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I feel incredibly sorry for Markanday. Extremely highly rated, brought in by another manager, agrees to drop down a division and uproot to the other end of the Country to commit to us permanently and get game time. Injured as soon as he gets here, new manager comes in, doesn't rate him for whatever reason and doesn't even give him a chance to prove himself.

Now even less likely to get any game time due to the acquisition of yet another player who, even if he does OK, won't be here next season.

Still, it's all part of the "project" eh? I suppose Huddersfield will be happy if we get Thomas back into some sort of half decent form.

I know it was only a cameo but Markanday looked very handy in amongst the shambles that was Rotherham away. I

• Like 2

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

The game against Huddersfield was one of our most boring of the season, and that is saying something. His comment about an attacking style just shows that players will say anything.

Screenshot_20230125-222909_Chrome.jpg

Blimey, did his pass the medical because he must have been taking something when he said that

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The game against Huddersfield was one of our most boring of the season, and that is saying something. His comment about an attacking style just shows that players will say anything.

Screenshot_20230125-222909_Chrome.jpg

He's clearly investing fully in the move as well, referring to us as "the Club". Still nothing we can do about it now, have to hope he does well but I'd far rather our own players got the chance.

• Like 1