BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

2 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

All my mates are Pompey fans. They rate Bishop far higher than they did Hirst. Not a player who will forge his own chances but has a very good conversion rate with a decent supply.

IMG-20230126-WA0004.jpg

I’ve always liked Clarke-Harris since he played at Ewood for Rotherham, a good few years back. Not the quickest but strong and physical and seems to score well at League 1 level and did ok for Posh last year in the Championship.

Half of my family are Scottish and are split evenly between being Celtic and Hibs fans, due to where they are located. Neither are particularly enamoured with Porteus, I watch a lot of Scottish football and was pretty underwhelmed when Porteus was talked about. Admittedly he is one of the Hibees better players but they're 6th in a league that is particularly poor this year (outside of the top 2).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Have said before on here, I'm not one of the Twitterati  and even if I was, if I had any info, why the feck would I just not put it on here like I normally do.

I've been wondering why I've begun to think of Mrs Brown whenever you post and I think I've nailed it... maybe time for a change of avatar?

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

#thankyouMowbray

Spent £5m on a striker who he then put out wide cos he realised he had the first touch of a cart horse - and then extended his contract when our wage bill is clearly ridiculously tight.

The gift that keeps on giving. 

Spend 7 million on a striker as an "investment" but then fail to tie him down to a contract so that investment leaves on a free. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Unless there are any unexpected rabbits to be pulled out of the hat, think this window is going to be one of the most underwhelming in memory and we've had a few of those.

A seeming inability to land even any of our modest targets eg Gelhardt, Porteous, Haikin etc is a damning indictment of the club's functionality. indictment

Why judge now when clearly none of us know who we want. Time to judge is 1st February and not now. 

Thomas's transfer came out of nowhere and I expect similar with the striker target and other players we want.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Nixon saying any club interested in Gelhardt will be subject to financial penalties if he doesn't play. 

I hope that we are telling them to cram that up their arse.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why judge now when clearly none of us know who we want. Time to judge is 1st February and not now. 

Thomas's transfer came out of nowhere and I expect similar with the striker target and other players we want.

Sadly, Chaddy, we only seem to land a target if there is no other club in for them!  So by definition, we just mop up the 'waifs and strays'!

As for Thomas, he might do a trick for us but if he does regain some form, we'll have lost him come season end.  Almost pointless. 

Edited by Mercer