BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

8 minutes ago, phili said:

Ok I will pop it back to you.

All the funds they have is £10k a week from the release of Hirst to bring in the players that's it this month. No additional funds from Venky's. 

The recruitment team and GB must also knock a £100k a week of next season's players budget, so no new deals for Ayala and Dack I would expect.

So how would you pull the rabbits out of these hats you expect all these amazing players to come from within our budget.

That's a huge statement in bold? Where's that info come from?

18 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

Proves my point

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW?

To even make that comment...
Just because you've played Champ Manager? 

I'm not sticking up for them but Jesus Christ this is insane - they might have made all the right decisions, all the right targets, I have no idea either - but those higher up the chain are probably at fault.

Ever heard of occam's razor? "The simplest answer is the most likely": Venky's. 

Probably a tad more than you given I've done consultancy work at 3 football league clubs (2 in England and 1 in Scotland).

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think it would be a toss up between him and Sean Curry!"  Think we paid Liverpool £10,000 (or they paid us - reverse premium!) and in all honesty, I've seen better at Pleasington!

He had his moments, the winner at Maine Road, ‘Curry too hot to handle’ and the glorious last minute ‘winner’ that never was at White Hart Lane against Gaza’s and a star studded Spurs. I was celebrating so much in the away end, it was ages before I realised it was disallowed ☹️

• Like 3

This club has no luck under these owners. Anything that can go wrong, usually does go wrong and has been doing for 12 years. That applies to both on the pitch, with players picking up injuries at key moments, players dropping off form wise, the stream of late goals conceded over the years, silly points dropped etc, and off the pitch too.

Where do we even start with the off pitch matters? There are too many to mention.

If word is to be believed we had Undav lined up, only for Brighton or the player to pull the plug. We had Kone lined up, only for his club to pull the plug. We can't catch a break.

I'm not saying the present situation is all down to luck. Broughton and Co shoulder some of the responsibility too for leaving things this late. However, they appear to be working with buttons, under owners who apparently want a "sustainable Premier League club" (Yeah, right).

I don't rate Broughton as an operator, but give him something to work with. Why are we scrambling around for loans? It looks like we haven't got a pot to piss in, that's why.

Second January running that we have wasted a good opportunity because those at the top aren't all that bothered. I think the reality of how this club operates will be hitting home for Broughton and JDT right about now. Lambert, Coyle, Mowbray, they all felt it. Sadly, JDT looks to be the next one.

It's bloody sad to think that nothing has changed in how we operate, even though a new structure has come in, including a new recruitment team. New dawn? Not with these owners. Nothing will change under them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Penwortham Blue said:

He had his moments, the winner at Maine Road, ‘Curry too hot to handle’ and the glorious last minute ‘winner’ that never was at White Hart Lane against Gaza’s and a star studded Spurs. I was celebrating so much in the away end, it was ages before I realised it was disallowed ☹️

Curry was red hot in Liverpool's reserves, who were a good side back in the day. I remember seeing him pepper the opponents goal in one game and he was such an exciting talent, his nan followed him all over the country.

I remember when we signed him, I thought, if he chips in with a few goals, his transfer fee will look cool and had he found his scoring boots, his stock would have eventually risen. 

• Like 3

Hate to say it but I don't think Broughton's the issue here... 

We're down to the 'quite underwhelming' territory by now it seems. Just sign a striker and get Vetlesen on a pre-contract deal and I'll be happy with that. Not a chance in hell we get promoted unless we additions to our starting eleven, and that's not looking likely right now.

• Like 2

Do you hold your hands up and say we didn't get who we wanted, or do you just sign whoever to keep people happy and hope it works? That's the big question now with 33 ish hours to go.

26 minutes ago, phili said:

Ok I will pop it back to you.

All the funds they have is £10k a week from the release of Hirst to bring in the players that's it this month. No additional funds from Venky's. 

The recruitment team and GB must also knock a £100k a week of next season's players budget, so no new deals for Ayala and Dack I would expect.

So how would you pull the rabbits out of these hats you expect all these amazing players to come from within our budget.

If what you say is true then why is Broughton wasting his time and ours enquiring for the likes of O'Brien?

If no money then you set your targets realistically.

Btw Coventry are want £20 Million for Gyokeres and even if he isn't sold the owner is giving money to Robins regardless 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If what you say is true then why is Broughton wasting his time and ours enquiring for the likes of O'Brien?

If no money then you set your targets realistically.

Btw Coventry are want £20 Million for Gyokeres and even if he isn't sold the owner is giving money to Robins regardless 

Yep their new owner has managed to finalise a deal to buy the stadium at a good price so can now invest.

29 minutes ago, J*B said:

Once again, for those at the back…

I, like many others here, are not ‘ITK’, there’s about 4 people at the club that always know what is going on, that’s it. I am simply posting rumours / tips that people with any sort of credibility are passing on. Which is mostly well received — and entirely what internet forums are for. 

For every “Brereton is signing for Villarreal, Dani Ayala is having a medical, Sorba Thomas has signed” there will absolutely be one’s that are wrong, either through bad info or changes of plans. You can seemingly put Iling Junior in the same bracket, there looks to be nothing happening there either.

It can’t be any clearer and I find the enjoyment people get out of people not always being right is very odd. Give credit to @unsall , he was told there was a French player coming for a medical and clearly that was right. Numerous other WhatsApp / Twitter groups had already said there was an interest in Ike Ugbo, two and two was put together and we got 5. It really is as simple as that.

Let’s not forget numerous actual ITKs have stopped posting here - giving really good info - because they can’t be arsed with the attitude of “you were wrong, you know nothing!” if they get one wrong. 

F8F16E72-5A0E-4759-89B9-DC9C9D77843D.jpeg

Please and any other ITK please keep posting your info

7 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Fair point but looks like OGC Nice were chasing Moffi for a while...maybe we were just used by Lorient to put pressure on Nice?

I don't know if they were chasing him for a while or not. Don't follow French football

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Do you hold your hands up and say we didn't get who we wanted, or do you just sign whoever to keep people happy and hope it works? That's the big question now with 33 ish hours to go.

We literally need a CF - there's no "well we tried, but couldn't get who we wanted in" response to that. We'll finish outside the Playoffs if we don't get someone at #9 who can score goals and bring others into play. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, phili said:

Our wage bill must be a lot smaller now than it was say two or three years ago - we had players like Holtby, Downing, Evans, Johnson, Armstrong, Lenihan, Mulgrew then that would have all been on a decent wage. But they've in the main been replaced by players like Buckley, Carter, the two Whartons, Brereton etc stepping up plus a couple of penny pinching loans each season. 

How small can the wage bill actually get??? 

1 minute ago, roversinmyblood said:

Is that to comply with next years FFP or because they can’t or won’t put as much money in to support the club. 

They don't even TRY to bring money into the club. They turn down bigger sponsorship deals with gambling and alcohol companies because they're morally against it (vaping is obviously fine though) and price out the average fan with ridiculously expensive season tickets.

I swear they own us out of spite. 

• Like 3