BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January Transfer Window.

11 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

But Venkys have spent a decade decimating us & have undone everything Jack built, besides the academy. That being the case, and with the academy being a long term project by definition, then any return to growth has to have that as it's bedrock & therefore must be central to the longer term.

The club has to balance short term potential for promotion against long term regeneration, especially as an unfashionable club in a poor economic area with new sustainability rules coming in and with a hardcore fanbase of 8 or 9 thousand fans, half of whom wonder why they bother as it is. Yes show ambition this season & aim to go up, but don't risk the longer overall strategy of growing with firm foundations, which is what was written on the tin when GB& JDT arrived in the summer.

Here's hoping we can get some good deals over the line today. 👍

I don't disagree about the Academy but let's not forget that had the STC sale gone through and moved to the Academy site there would have been a strong likelihood that the Academy would have been downgraded. There wasn't a long term strategy behind that decision.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, arbitro said:

I don't disagree about the Academy but let's not forget that had the STC sale gone through and moved to the Academy site there would have been a strong likelihood that the Academy would have been downgraded. There wasn't a long term strategy behind that decision.

To be fair, that was Waggott's idea, which must have been subsequently shelved by someone else, presumably the owners, who then proceeded to inject £16m into the Club for an asset they already owned to keep us temporarily FFP compliant and the training facilities intact.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arbitro said:

It is both amazing and disturbing how quickly that con is forgotten by some who at the same time religiously believe in the claptrap from those running the Ewood Circus.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair, that was Waggott's idea, which must have been subsequently shelved by someone else, presumably the owners, who then proceeded to inject £16m into the Club for an asset they already owned to keep us temporarily FFP compliant and the training facilities intact.

And to separate "land" from any subsequent downwards value in Rovers.

2 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And to separate "land" from any subsequent downwards value in Rovers.

Well, we'll only know when any future sale takes place if it included any the training complex. There's no obvious cause for concern on that front at the moment albeit whispers in the background tend to indicate Waggott would still like to move to some random brownfield site somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, K-Hod said:

If the focus from the club isn’t the play offs when we are in them and have been all season, I just wonder what the point is?

The point many of us are making, difficult to believe how this could be true but I bet Rich Sharpe is regretting committing such a thought to his deadline day commentary.

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If the focus from the club isn’t the play offs when we are in them and have been all season, I just wonder what the point is?

They don’t want the media spotlight that promotion would inevitably bring being shone on their murky dealings. Being a sideshow in a backwater suits them right down to the ground. “ Keep your head down and carry on “. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Owners - vengeance

Board and Senior Management* - cushy well paid grift.

* Excluding JDT and GB, who are, however innocently, a party to the grift.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I used that as an example to debunk the project myth. I'm certain there are other examples out there too.

5 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

But......none of us expected to be near the play-offs.

My expectations of all things Rovers have been through the floor for 12 years. However, the aim should always be promotion.

Successive surrenders will be unforgiveable.

• Like 6